Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
I have no idea if I was supposed to fight the Mawlek as my first boss, but I'm thinking probably not considering how rough it was. I had no way to really dodge the giant goo burst attack except through pure luck, so it basically turned into a damage race as I tried to hit it as much as I could and heal whenever possible until it died.

Things I have: The charm that increases how much damage you do at 1 health, and I've saved 1 Grub. That's the entirety of my progress before that fight, as I didn't even find the map guy beforehand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

lets hang out posted:

you can pogo bounce over it after it shoots all the goop

I thought that might be it but while I pogo bounced into the area, I'm still not very good at it.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
So I know it was just stated that you can't mess things up so you can't do (x) but does that include things like NPC storylines? If this is as inspired by souls as I've been lead to believe those should be a thing right?

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Alright I'm stuck near the beginning. I've managed to get into Greenpath but I can't figure out how to continue, as I can't seem to reach any of the ledges that seem to be the paths forward without some kind of increased jump height or the like (I found the map guy but couldn't get further). The same seems to be the case in the Crossroads too.

Edit- Nevermind, I missed an incredibly obvious path.

Cirina fucked around with this message at 07:40 on May 25, 2017

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
So one thing that confuses me is what exactly caused Hallownest's fall? After the Hollow Knight sealed away the radiance for however long it was before the game starts, the civilization apparently lasted long enough for a statue to be built for it, yet somehow Hallownest fell and the White King pulled his palace into the dream world and died for some reason even though the Radiance was gone at the moment?

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
So the combination of the tablet in the Howling Cliffs that talks about having to give up your mind before being able to leave to the wasteland, and the Mask Maker's dialogue about how the Masks they create overwrites a bug's mind entirely, with only the strongest of wills retaining anything at all, makes me think that the Pale King 'expanded' the bugs minds by masking them, effectively personality deathing everyone in the Kingdom and then keeping everyone locked in by threatening to render them mindless again if they wished to leave.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
One thing to note about the King is that in the fungal wastes There's one mushroom in the core that thinks about something along the lines 'What use is there in begin able to see a demise you cannot prevent?', as Wyrms can see the future, so did the King know that the infection would occur before it ever began?

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Internet Kraken posted:

Is there really no way to consistently dodge it? That seems really lovely, given he can spam it and you won't have enough magic to use the ground pound always. I keep thinking there most be some way to always dodge it but I have no clue what it would be.

Give this a watch maybe? They dodge that attack without fail so they've clearly found a way to do so. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4aajKRC6bc

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
So way back on the first page, someone mentioned a pit trap showing up that wasn't there before. I don't ever remembering running into this in my playthrough, so does anyone mind spoiling me on it if they know what's being referred to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

OzFactor posted:

I realize this is a pretty difficult question to answer, but can anyone tell me how to find Cornifer in Deepnest? In Highwang’s LP he’s right near the entrance next to the Mantis Lords, but he’s not there for me (nor has he left a note). I got my rear end handed to me by the Lords early in the game so I avoided them for a long time and came into Deepnest through the Queen’s Garden and ran around lost until I found the tram pass. So then I decided to fight the Lords and come back in that way hoping to get a map, but he’s not there. I’d, like, really like a drat map.

If he's not there you should be able to go and buy the map from the shop on the surface.