Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sepah
May 13, 2014
Higher beings, these words are for you alone...

What a fantastic game. Wonderful atmosphere and interesting characters, challenging gameplay with fun customization that encourages you to hunt down all the extra collectible stuff.

Ending talk:

So, I just finished the game with the true ending. I did the first ending, replacing the Hollow Knight to contain the infestation, and then went on to do the extra stuff required for the additional endings.

I was disappointed in the Hollow Knight battle on a gameplay level, as I felt he was very easy for the endgame boss. I did enjoy the lore aspects of the fight, with the Hollow Knight starting chained up, and the Knight attacking himself when he could to try to overcome the infestation or perhaps kill himself to allow a new pure vessel to contain The Radiance.

I felt like the White Palace was quite challenging, and enjoyable. It really showed off the platforming chops of the game that nowhere else is required. Its nice that its optional though, as I can see a lot of people simply giving up on it.

Now, the Radiance fight I loved. It was annoying, having to blitz down the Hollow Knight every time I fought him, but it was encouragement to not die on the Radiance. And I died a bunch, I think around a dozen times. No part of the fight felt like bullshit, the attacks are powerful but avoidable, and the music and visuals of the fight are inspiring.

I would definitely recommend this game to anybody who enjoys 2d action games. I've always very much enjoyed the kind of game that, as you progress, gives you powerful movement options compared to when you start. The sheer mobility of the character after acquiring the upgrade items is a pleasure to have when exploring the game world.

My favorite area, atmosphere wise, is definitely the (early-to-midgame spoiler)City of Tears.

I too love the sound of rain on glass. :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU