Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

This game is incredible and I basically played it straight through to 100%. Some tips about hard portions:

White Palace: Don't attempt this without the hiveblood charm. If you haven't found that, go check out Kingdom's Edge a bit more. Alternatively as someone else mentioned above, grub charm and deep focus help a bunch. There's a number of times you're expected to use the crystal jump and cancel it into a doublejump.

Flower Quest: If you're doing this for 100% anyways, do the grubs first. That charm helps a lot when it comes to keeping safe, and you'll naturally be at 100% health the entire time.

Third Arena: I used hiveblood, a fully upgraded nail, and nailmaster's glory. Usually the spike floor is the hardest part, which is made much easier by learning exactly what each wave contains and when it spawns, and leaping and charge-slashing at the cages that appear before the monsters spawn, usually you'll kill them.

True Final Boss: Believe it or not, spells are your best friend here. I just used the +Spell Damage charm, and two blue life charms. Use the black up-B spell (you can get it by using the white up-B spell on a pedestal in the abyss). When the boss is about to transition to Phase 2 it uses the same ability over and over so you can get some Soul, and then starts at the same place each time. If that strategy is too tough, you can try using quick focus instead and healing in phase 2. Just wait for the circular 3-blast lightbeam attack, stand where a beam spawned on the second blast and start healing.

Atoramos fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Apr 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

I played this game for 42 hours and got 100% without following a guide, and thought it was incredible. That's before any of the DLC was released. With Gungeon and Dead Cells big updates just arriving, I'm curious how much time/how clear Hollow Knight's DLC content is, or if I should put the whole thing off for a while until I'm ready to play the game over again from scratch.