Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I'm only as far as just getting the cape that lets you dash, myself, but I adore the art and music. Definitely glad someone mentioned this in the chat/steam threads when I said I was looking for another metroid-like to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i've tried to play this game like a dozen times, my latest attempt having started a week & a bit ago

happy to say that this time, like an old engine, it finally caught; just finished (what i assume is) the first ending yesterday and am marching on with the piles of poo poo i haven't even looked at yet

game good

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

dung defender is bae

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Hobojim posted:

I did NKG on radiant a couple of weeks ago over the course of a couple of hours.

I just used shaman stone and unbreakable strength, although mark of pride probably would have made dodging his dive attack easier. That was the only attack I had trouble dodging consistently, either from mistiming the pogo as he landed or not staying in the air long enough to avoid the fire trail. I eventually just used desolate dive to avoid that attack altogether.

Shaman stone wasn't very useful but I was practicing from the pantheon of hallownest so I just kept my charm layout the same. He's not that bad, it's just a long fight and you have to play pretty cleanly for a long period of time. I have way more trouble with Grey Prince Zote (I love that fight I'm just bad at it).

Edit: spoilered the boss name because I see a new player just posted and I don't want to ruin the surprise.

appreciate the thought btw - at this point i'm well past it

GPZ i've beaten twice, fairly comfortably though with enough healing that i'd suffer on later iterations

meanwhile Radiance can eat my entire rear end, what a frustrating slog. i need a break :mad:

maybe when i pick the game back up later i'll start grimm troupe or godhome stuff. i'll probably need to look up the start points, though

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

a++++++++ would... develop again?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

uh Divinity wants how much Geo to get unbreakable strength??? :stare:

drat I wish I'd made my first one the greed one. I gotta make up 6000 more to get strength back, and another 9000 after for greed (then health later if I care). Oof. Off to the colosseum I guess

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

bike tory posted:

You know the fragile charms only cost a few hundred geo to fix it they break, right?

You can use fragile greed pretty safely to farm. Remember to farm enough geo with fragile greed before you give it to the divine so you can buy it straight back.

i'd already goofed it by the time i made that post, is the thing :v: absent-minded colosseum runs throughout the afternoon has me close to getting back greed though, and I already have strength so it's mostly a done deal anywho

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

even with said strength Radiance is Kind Of An rear end in a top hat

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

finally got thru radiance. i always appreciate the cinematic final-battle-outro beatdowns, and if i understand just what the hell happened, that was a real good one

game real good. now to look up where godmaster starts and hit that up too; i'd managed to stumble on the troupe start but never found a single hint about the gods business

then i think i gotta do a new game (though maybe not right away) because i banished the troupe before i bought back the health charm, so i got it back in its fragile form and seeing that in the menu haunts me :v:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Aug 26, 2021

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

b_d posted:

huh i thought deevyne or w/e stuck around if
you still had charms to upgrade. maybe that's only if you beat nkg.

i suspect it's because i went for banishment rather than going back to creepy boss jester

(i got a friend with an accordion out of the deal so i feel i chose correctly)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

the third pantheon has certainly put paid to my 200iq tactic of "run at them with unbreakable strength and heal afterward with quick+deep focus"; might have to go to just quick focus at this rate and try something else

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I was able to beat him in pantheon 3 by combining Deep Focus, Quick Focus and Shape of Uun and abusing the hell out of knowing that if I heal & get hit I'm (usually) still one hit ahead

(e) the acronym's not coming to me, who's NKG?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

oohh, yeah. i skipped that fight in the actual game and haven't got that far in the fourth pantheon yet