Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

One Hundred Monkeys posted:

The crit path wasn't too bad, I feel, but there were several optional bosses/zones that thoroughly owned me. If your wife wants to get the ~*good ending*~, she'd probably have to work for it.

The good ending requires some poo poo that feels like it came from I Wanna Be The Guy. Nothing else in the game is anywhere near as difficult as that one part. I don't think I could have done it without the badge that sort of gives you unlimited health. Nothing else in the game is anywhere near as tough though, although some of the other optional stuff is still pretty challenging. Not sure about the crit path since I played it completionist style and I'm not sure what the crit path even is.

Great game though, I think it really pulled off the souls vibe without mimicking the art style or gameplay much.

Knorth posted:

Yeah, you only need to do one of the dream bosses to get up to 1800. I thought the knight would be the easiest but I've heard that certain charm loadouts can make the vessel a pretty simple fight, I think Defender's Crest of all things was meant to be useful for it

I actually found the knight to be the hardest of the three. That said I did the other two late enough that I could brute force them to some extent. And of course the ~*true*~ final boss is significantly harder than any of them anyway.

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Apr 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU