Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
This has got to be the biggest metroidvania map I've ever played. It's humongous and you can easily miss large areas with original assets and a lot of work put into them. It's like Dark Souls in that it's not afraid to let the player miss huge chunks of content. It's especially intimidating to walk across a breakable floor or a ledge you can't quite reach early on and wonder how the hell you'll ever remember to come back to it, especially since new areas don't have a map. The movement feels so good. It's everything I wished Ori had been. It felt like the White Palace was put in just to show off how great it is and they could have straight up made a Meat Boy instead of a Metroid with how precise it is.That goes for the combat, too. It's not perfect. It needed more stag stations for the backtracking and I feel like some of the bosses don't telegraph what they're about to do well enough, but this is easily one of my favorite games at the start of 2017, which is saying a lot. That said I can't see myself replaying it that often because, again, it's loving huge.

Edit: Actually forget the praise I'm on the true last boss. gently caress this game. Maybe worst game ever made.

Flubby fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Apr 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe

One Hundred Monkeys posted:

Don't give up, skeleton!

I gave up but my skeleton persisted. Joni's + fragile strength got me through it.

Obligatum VII posted:

Ok, I feel real dumb here, but where the heck does "a place of birth" refer to?

beat the white palace, got the king soul charm, but I have no idea where to go with the drat thing. I thought maybe that door in the abyss, the one with the blue stone on a dais? But it isn't doing anything for me and I'm out of ideas

Ok, what you need to do is transform the Kingsoul. That blue thing you found is unrelated. You can open that door by having like, 15 of the blue life points by equipping certain charms and getting to it without getting hit. As for the Kingsoul, that is also in the Abyss. Deep in the abyss there what looks like a large cracked orb. You'll be able to see your reflection in it. You need to hit that with your dream nail. This cracked orb is way down at the bottem and to the right I believe. You'll know your in the right area if you're killing those black souls.

Flubby fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Apr 26, 2017