Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It doesn't seem like it should be natural to see an animal and want to pet it. Even if you take your kid to the petting zoo its like instinct they want to pet the goats.

I don't get it, the animal doesn't want you to pet it unless its a dog or a dumb cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
its not so strange it you consider that evolution might be fake

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
It's a grooming instinct, OP.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I want to be a shetland pony that bites all bipeds and tries to kick you because I'm a jerk. All shetland ponies are jerks and you should not pet them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRHcGlKTytc

Legit the coolest horse.

Nibblin' on grass
biting someones dumb rear end kid
gently caress off lil biped.

Dave_Indeed fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Apr 12, 2017

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

It's called playing with your prey, cats do it too.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Applewhite posted:

It's a grooming instinct, OP.

is that what you call it

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Hoo-mans do this as a display of affection and bonding through a grooming reflex.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
did it first come in handy with early feral dogs?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

cats and dogs arent the only animals that like back scratches op. goats and horses do too, and cows, and people.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Toadvine posted:

did it first come in handy with early feral dogs?

Go to an old style barbershop or beauty salon. Don't sit down just stand there and observe. you'll notice after a few hours that the hair people touch the hair much more often than necessary.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Go to an old style barbershop or beauty salon. Don't sit down just stand there and observe. you'll notice after a few hours that the hair people touch the hair much more often than necessary.

Sir, if you're not going to order anything, you need to pull forward out of the drive-thru.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

TrustmeImLegit posted:

You don't need to tell me pal, I like to watch

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Ugh will someone explain tactile reasoning to me?

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

TrustmeImLegit posted:

you know what, im going to do this. im going to go to a beatuy salon and stand in the corner for 3? maybe more hours so i can learn about human behavior by the way they touch hair. its another gbs success story, well done eberyone, we did it

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Enfield posted:

you know what, im going to do this. im going to go to a beatuy salon and stand in the corner for 3? maybe more hours so i can learn about human behavior by the way they touch hair. its another gbs success story, well done eberyone, we did it

:hfive: we can all have a goonmeat and watch some people touch hair. just like old times

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
hell yeah. then maybe we can touch each others hair? :staredog:

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
That's how I bond with new friends.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Have you ever heard of heavy petting op?

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

It's a pet thing

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
If things don't want to be petted maybe they should stop being soft and grow some spikes or something.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
do the humans in this thread have the desire to pet me?

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
Skin, by its nature, responds to stimulous, whether pleasant or unpleasant, that is it's function. Most animals will enjoy some form of tactile contact, if you can manage to avoid getting mauled.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
It's the only way to determine which animals are secretly dogs.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Enfield posted:

I'm going to learn about human behavior by petting random people in the streets. :smuggo:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Animals enjoy tactical feedback, it's just part of how a lot of us work.

Some animals, like mice, even experience thigmotaxis--they walk "along" walls but it makes them feel better to do so in a real concrete way.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

some goats love being pet dude

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
pette all dogges

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

some turtles have a reflex when you pet the top of their shell in a certain way, they go into a kind of trance where they wiggle side to side and when you stop, they act really confused and disoriented

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
*pets everyone in this thread*

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

a hole-y ghost posted:

some turtles have a reflex when you pet the top of their shell in a certain way, they go into a kind of trance where they wiggle side to side and when you stop, they act really confused and disoriented

Some people do that too

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stimming

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

myDad posted:

Some people do that too
I wouldn't know, I've never touched another human being.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I have no pets and never have. If I want to touch something soft I'll just caress my own ears FYI

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

YeahTubaMike posted:

*Licks at your face but not in a sexual way*

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

YeahTubaMike posted:

Long, red penis slowly pokes out of sheath*

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

If things don't want to be petted maybe they should stop being soft and grow some spikes or something.

Who the gently caress doesn't like touching spikes?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

This has been informative. Thank you for your time.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
It helps us understand things. Why do all animals sniff/lick things? Same thing.

hth

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

this seems like a PSA for sexual harassment

#thanksdonald

• Locked thread