Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tom Perez B/K/M?
This poll is closed.
B 77 25.50%
K 160 52.98%
M 65 21.52%
Total: 229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

"We need a 50-state strategy plus the territories, and that's what we talked about down in Atlanta last week, making sure that we redefine our mission as a Democratic Party so that we're not simply electing the president, but we're also working to elect people from the from the school board to the Senate across the nation," - chairman of the DNC, Tom Perez 02/28/2017

After the horrifying electoral failure of the democratic party following 2016, a promise like this was the bare minimum strategy to getting the dems back into power. Over the years the dems have lost so much power that the GOP is near to being able to call a constitutional convention on their own. things are dire to say the least, so tom perez' promise was welcome. hell, all the candidates for the DNC chair seemed to realize the importance of campaigning everywhere possible and the dem party supporting their candidates to grow the party as much as possible.

https://twitter.com/lhfang/status/851974533665959936

and yet again the establishment of the democratic party shows they can't ever be trusted to do anything they promise to during a campaign

there's a weird DNC show thing going on with perez tonight at 7pm ET tonight. hope he gets asked about this, and why he's for a 49-state strategy now

https://twitter.com/TomPerez/status/851960464582037504

Calibanibal posted:

When the centrists send their people, they’re not sending their best. They’re bringing insults. They’re bringing shitposts. They’re trolls. And some, I assume, are good people

a list of fascist sympathizers you might wanna put on ignore if you haven't already:

• JeffersonClay
  • call to action

Condiv fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Sep 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Yes, the Democrats are a waste, please continue to wallow in defeatism and apathy.

This post brought to you by the Republican National Committee. Trump 2020!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Jamie Raskin is cool and good.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

DaveWoo posted:

Yes, the Democrats are a waste, please continue to wallow in defeatism and apathy.

not hard to be defeatist when the party slimes back to it's old behavior. promise poo poo during the campaign and never follow through once they get into office. they ceded a close race to the republicans. that dude lost by 6% of the vote

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011
Have you considered the United States is simply working as intended and the Dem leadership is comfortable with this?

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Oh great another thread for Condiv to bitch about the democrats. That's just what the forums needed.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

mcmagic posted:

Jamie Raskin is cool and good.

Raskin is cool and good, and also shows how you don't need to campaign everywhere to get a majority, given how the Republicans barely contested the open seat he won

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

https://twitter.com/ForecasterEnten/status/852012022468194305

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Ogmius815 posted:

Oh great another thread for Condiv to bitch about the democrats. That's just what the forums needed.

At this point I wish I could cast a vote for Le Pen just on the off chance it'll mean jackboots smashing in this guy's door.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

he had to lock the last thread as his veil of leftism rather than fygm was uncovered a bit.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Oxxidation posted:

At this point I wish I could cast a vote for Le Pen just on the off chance it'll mean jackboots smashing in this guy's door.

nice, centrists wishing they could vote for fascists

i guess donald trump launching those missiles made you appreciate the charms of neo-nazis

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Condiv posted:

nice, centrists wishing they could vote for fascists

i guess donald trump launching those missiles made you appreciate the charms of the hitler set

I'm not a centrist. I just hate you.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

he had to lock the last thread as his veil of leftism rather than fygm was uncovered a bit.

what are you even talking about?

Oxxidation posted:

right back at you. just surprised your anger would drive you to embrace fascism

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

It's almost like he's trying to influence elections in favor of the other party.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Nevvy Z posted:

It's almost like he's trying to influence elections in favor of the other party.

do you spend your spare time dreaming up conspiracy theories about me? cause it's pretty creepy

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
The dastardly Russians, now escalating from forcing Hillary to not campaign in the Rust Belt to saying that the Democrats should follow the 50-state strategy they claimed they would follow.

Does their perfidy know no end?

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

Ze Pollack posted:

The dastardly Russians, now escalating from forcing Hillary to not campaign in the Rust Belt to saying that the Democrats should follow the 50-state strategy they claimed they would follow.

Does their perfidy know no end?

I heard the Russians travelled back in time to hobble the republic, too.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Bernie Sanders podcast is pretty good.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

AstheWorldWorlds posted:

I heard the Russians travelled back in time to hobble the republic, too.
Alaska was a Trojan territory.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

parallelodad posted:

Bernie Sanders podcast is pretty good.

:ssh: he's not a democrat

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Oxxidation posted:

You just constantly support the centrists. RIGHT.

Nevvy Z posted:

Yes,you mean like how you guys were in favor of not supporting Thompson because it would somehow decrease his chances of winning?

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
It is good that the defenders of the democratic party, faced with the democratic party making the active choice not to try to win a winnable seat, have determined a simple, cohesive defense for that action.

That criticizing them is proof you want Republicans to win.

Unlike the party that made an active, deliberate choice to facilitate Republicans winning.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Ze Pollack posted:

It is good that the defenders of the democratic party, faced with the democratic party making the active choice not to try to win a winnable seat, have determined a simple, cohesive defense for that action.

Unlike the party that made an active, deliberate choice to facilitate Republicans winning.

tbf the seat didn't look winnable just a week or two ago

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Typo posted:

repubs didn't use that excuse. they poured 100k+ in emergency ads and visits from loving mike pence. dems are just poo poo

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

DaveWoo posted:

You don't get to demand eternal loyalty and enthusiasm when you keep loving up.

Typo posted:

Most seats that are totally written off won't look very winnable, no. This doesn't mean that they aren't actually competitive.

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011
The Harlem globetrotters was actually a piece of occulted activist art demonstrating the true essence of the American political reality: A bunch of show boating maniacs simultaneously bound and unbound by the rules of the sport crushing a by-the-book team with an ease that is frankly quite suspicious.

Machinegun Arm!
Oct 22, 2008

It's been a ruff day

Condiv posted:

right back at you. just surprised your anger would drive you to embrace fascism

Is this supposed to be a burn? Cuz it just makes you sound like an autist who can't tell the difference between serious talk and just joshin'. Like, I don't even have a horse in this race, but come on dude you have to do better than that.

Uh anyways, yea I'm not sure what the dem strategy is supposed to be at this point. Are they an opposition party who backs centrist candidates? A centrist party which seeks leftist support? And why are they so enamored with the center when the republicans are living (undead?) proof that extremism gets votes?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Look at how the majority of the centrists in this thread can't actually offer any defense for Perez lying about having a fifty state strateg.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Machinegun Arm! posted:

Is this supposed to be a burn? Cuz it just makes you sound like an autist who can't tell the difference between serious talk and just joshin'. Like, I don't even have a horse in this race, but come on dude you have to do better than that.

no oxxidation just stalks me, he's not joshin.

quote:

Uh anyways, yea I'm not sure what the dem strategy is supposed to be at this point. Are they an opposition party who backs centrist candidates? A centrist party which seeks leftist support? And why are they so enamored with the center when the republicans are living (undead?) proof that extremism gets votes?

well a good first start would be to expand their roster while they look for a more coherent strategy, but it doesn't seem like they're gonna do that. i'm going to guess they are going to repeat the failed strategy of the last 4 years and hope they coast into office cause trump is terrible (only the easy ones in nice safe blue states though). also they'll probably run hillary again (and deffo put chelsea into a nice safe seat).

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Crowsbeak posted:

Look at how the majority of the centrists in this thread can't actually offer any defense for Perez lying about having a fifty state strateg.

We're not. It was a stupid thing to say. There's no way in hell Dems are winning certain states, Kansas was one of them.

Like the people there will soon shut down schools and the Republicans still won. Say what you will about GOTV, but if that doesn't make people go "ya know what, maybe it's time for something diffirent" well. And yeah, historically dems always got facefucked in kansas even on their best days. I don't know why the gently caress condiv is hyperventilating over this/

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Condiv posted:

no oxxidation just stalks me, he's not joshin.

shut the gently caress up and take your lumps

you made this thread so own it, don't be a bitch

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The idea that you shouldn't campaign everywhere but only focus on where you can win is appealing to the centrist dem mindset because it's all about resource optimization and big data and poo poo, but if suffers from the small problem that the centrists are too goddamn stupid to tell what seats actually are competitive.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Chuck Schumer's tweet about how that race was indicative of the upcoming Democratic party strategy isn't going over well at all.

And yeah "we didn't know about it until last week" is a terrible excuse when the Republicans mobilized quickly to defend it.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

SSNeoman posted:

We're not. It was a stupid thing to say. There's no way in hell Dems are winning certain states, Kansas was one of them.

Like the people there will soon shut down schools and the Republicans still won. Say what you will about GOTV, but if that doesn't make people go "ya know what, maybe it's time for something diffirent" well. And yeah, historically dems always got facefucked in kansas even on their best days. I don't know why the gently caress condiv is hyperventilating over this/

he was 6% off. with no local support and no national support. and the repubs put $100ks up against him cause they got scared. it was winnable

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

SSNeoman posted:

Because he doesn't have a stake in any of the politics in this country, he just uses it as a distraction while he squats in his lovely little apartment across the ocean.

There are leftists in this country who are organizing and working hard to get whatever feeble dregs of their vision passed before they're stamped out by the people in charge of the Democratic party. No one who posts in these threads are among them.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Radish posted:

Chuck Schumer's tweet about how that race was indicative of the upcoming Democratic party strategy isn't going over well at all.

And yeah "we didn't know about it until last week" is a terrible excuse when the Republicans mobilized quickly to defend it.

they mobilized quickly last week to defend it, in a way that would have been ineffective and/or counterproductive for democrats

neither party saw this election being close

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Ze Pollack posted:

This is just the logical end point of criticizing Clinton made you responsible for Trump winning.

Maybe if a political party can't deal with any level of disagreement or criticism, maybe it's time to pack it in because you're unelectable. Christ as much as the Centrists keep claiming the left wants purity tests, they're demanding a Lenin-esque no critique of the Party once a decision has been made course of action

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Yeah, not spending a single dime towards your candidate's campaign is a good opening in eleven-dimensional chess.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Typo posted:

The thing that kills me about the refusal to even try here is that even if it's a pathetic failure, it gives you a testbed for your plans in 2018. You cannot buy an experimental platform like this: ridiculously pro-republican seat, ridiculously pro-republican state, phenomenally unpopular republicans above the seat in question, it's a perfect low-stakes way to try to answer the question "how can we best leverage this to our advantage." You send a signal to other would-be challengers in 2018 that the DCCC will have their backs, and you get a chance to iron out the bugs in your system as you try to do something none of the people involved have experience doing.

But no, someone at the DNC decided that they've got got more important things to do than figure out how to accomplish the Democratic Party's stated goals.

Seriously, you scratch the surface and the failures only get worse.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Apr 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

KomradeX posted:

This is just the logical end point of criticizing Clinton made you responsible for Trump winning.

Maybe if a political party can't deal with any level of disagreement or criticism, maybe it's time to pack it in because you're unelectable. Christ as much as the Centrists keep claiming the left wants purity tests, they're demanding a Lenin-esque no critique of the Party once a decision has been made course of action

no, just no stupid criticism from idiots

idiots find this extremely offensive, for some reason, but such is life, the path to majorities is not indulging these idiots

• Locked thread