Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH
Hi,

I was wondering if any in here have used the garmin etrex series gps, especially the later versions of them with road turn by turn navigation, and used that function?
The etrex 35 touch is the model I'm looking at.

Basicly I got an older 2013 version tomtom rider GPS that works ok, but misses stuff like height and temperature so I've used a separate no name china made electronic compass with baro height and temperature to have that.

I already have a Garmin virb XE + garmin tempe unit so I can just pair the tempe to the garmin gps with ant+.

Does anyone have experience with the 35 touch or similar models?

What I need:
- Multi waypoint routes with calulation on what roads to use between them
- Possibility to create and edit those routes on the unit, ie skip a point, add a point, reverse a route (this is not possible on never tomtom rider 400 or 440).
- Waterproof
- Can accept some external power on demand(does not need to be a waterproof solution as long as unit has some battery)
- can be used with gloves

What I'd like to have:
- Temperature display
- Height Display
- Off-road route based solely on points/trace (current tomtom is road only, I sometimes ride unmapped logging roads)
- Bluetooth voice/ alerts to pair with helmet bluetooth unit.

What I don't care about:
- Current traffic situation (lane splitting is legal in Norway)
- Value added routing functions, ie winding roads preference, etc.

I've looked at the newer garmin and tomtom motorcycle specific gps, and they are okayish, but has so much features I'll never use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread