Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

TheShazbot posted:

I'm just glad Portland's toxic offer to Kanter was matched by OKC.

Haha yeah, imagine paying $18 million a year to someone who don't play too good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Try to sucker somebody into taking him for a pick and/or cap filler/depth? I feel bad for Milwaukee in that respect, he didn't have injury problems before he hit the pros.

He's basically DeJuan Blair now.

If healthy he can probably coexist with Thon and Giannis, though I think putting them at the 4/5 defensively works better and one or both of Jabari and Giannis need a more reliable 3 ball. After these injuries, Jabari may no longer have the speed to defend the 3 (he was never great at it but he's young and the physical ability was there). It's a tough situation, and the timer is running down on his rookie deal.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

DeimosRising posted:

If healthy he can probably coexist with Thon and Giannis, though I think putting them at the 4/5 defensively works better and one or both of Jabari and Giannis need a more reliable 3 ball. After these injuries, Jabari may no longer have the speed to defend the 3 (he was never great at it but he's young and the physical ability was there). It's a tough situation, and the timer is running down on his rookie deal.

They'd be really thin at PF unless you like Henson and Hawes a bunch if Jabari got traded, is the issue. Milwaukee has some decisions to make in the offseason unless somebody makes them a ludicrous offer.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

gently caress the bulls
gently caress paxson
gently caress forman
gently caress dwyane wade
gently caress literally every single guy on this team who isn't jimmy butler and sort of robin lopez
i would say gently caress hoiberg but it's not his fault, he didn't hire himself

thibs and naterob forever

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Apr 29, 2017

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

R.D. Mangles posted:

gently caress the bulls
gently caress paxson
gently caress forman
gently caress literally every single guy on this team who isn't jimmy butler and sort of robin lopez
i would say gently caress hoiberg but it's not his fault, he didn't hire himself

Rondo cool tho he speaks truth to power

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

R.D. Mangles posted:

gently caress the bulls
gently caress paxson
gently caress forman

wow gently caress Cam Payne too? harsh

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

leftist heap posted:

wow gently caress Cam Payne too? harsh

who is cam payne, i'm angry at people who play for the bulls

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Welcome HotlantaMan and all Hawks fans.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Dwyane Wade opt out bitch

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

How Bernie the Bulls could still win

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/CodyWesterlund/status/858149504041844739

https://twitter.com/CodyWesterlund/status/858150234874105856

Dexo fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Apr 29, 2017

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
https://twitter.com/highkin/status/858152540495646720

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/858347811015974914

" gently caress no I'm not opting out are you motherfuckers crazy?"

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/StephNoh/status/858145343183233024

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Why would you do that, I weigh a lot less than Robin Lopez and basketball shoes wear out after a month of pick up games

Also regarding my bet Lockback, the devil won and will get his due

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Also regarding my bet Lockback, the devil won and will get his due

I'm as happy as I am watching DeRozan sink a contested long 2.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
So what do the Clippers do this offseason?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Lockback posted:

The Melo trade.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Lockback posted:

Their two biggest names are headed for player-option final seasons and their sixth man is an unrestricted free agent.

It doesn't make sense to blow up the team because the Warriors aren't tired of winning yet and probably won't be for a year or two after a potential Clippers full rebuild, but they almost can't not.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Apr 30, 2017

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Clippers should roll it all forward and hope for a Warriors injury/implosion/exhaustion and get a Mavs style title because they have spent most of their assets for the next three years already so it's not like they're going to rebuild or reload very easily anyway.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Rick posted:

Clippers should roll it all forward and hope for a Warriors injury/implosion/exhaustion and get a Mavs style title because they have spent most of their assets for the next three years already so it's not like they're going to rebuild or reload very easily anyway.

I agree with this. They should also try to sign another small forward.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Spacebump posted:

I agree with this. They should also try to sign another small forward.

And someone as good and reliable in crunch time as Dirk.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I think the intrigue with the Clippers isn't whether the team decides to blow it up (they can't really afford to, as has been mentioned), but if the players who can leave think this roster has run its course and decide to go elsewhere

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Clippers should have traded Blake after the Houston collapse

Now they dont really have any option other than to pray everyone comes back.

Whats New Orleans cap situation? Could they clear up enough room to make a run at Chris Paul? I'm not convinced it would be a perfect situation but probably long term a lot better than staying with the Clippers

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The #1 thing that plausibly could and should happen for the Clippers is putting Doc out on his rear end.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

Clippers should have traded Blake after the Houston collapse

Now they dont really have any option other than to pray everyone comes back.

Whats New Orleans cap situation? Could they clear up enough room to make a run at Chris Paul? I'm not convinced it would be a perfect situation but probably long term a lot better than staying with the Clippers

No, they can't. Unless he wants to take a pay cut.

Count Mippipopolous
Apr 10, 2008

Clippers are cool and they should get weird and trade for Melo if they can.

I am sad I don't get to watch more playoffs-chris-paul, and you all should be too. On the other hand, I checked the books and the Clippers have never won a game against the Warriors so maybe this was for the best.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

ESPN leaked the All NBA teams:

1st
Anthony Davis
LeBron
Kawhi
Westbrook
Harden

2nd
Gobert
Durant
Giannis
Wall
Curry

3rd
KAT
Draymond
Butler
DeRozan
IT2

Looks like Paul George is heading to L.A.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

This is like, the first time ever I completely agree with the All NBA teams,it feels so weird.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Paul Zuvella posted:

This is like, the first time ever I completely agree with the All NBA teams,it feels so weird.

I thought Davis played PF more than C but that's the only thing that seems off at all to me and ultimately it's not even that bad.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Paul Zuvella posted:

Gobert should be above AD. Not sure if KAT should make it unless they really wanted another center then he's fine. Otherwise pretty good.

Poor PG13.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

IcePhoenix posted:

I thought Davis played PF more than C but that's the only thing that seems off at all to me and ultimately it's not even that bad.

No, Davis played well over 50% of his minutes this season at center. Bbref has it at 64/36 split between the two.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
They left off Kobe :(

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kibner posted:

No, Davis played well over 50% of his minutes this season at center. Bbref has it at 64/36 split between the two.

Neat. I don't think I have a problem with it at all then.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

I think it's two guards and three forwards like the all-star game but I could be wrong, positions are meaningless anyways

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Declan MacManus posted:

I think it's two guards and three forwards like the all-star game but I could be wrong, positions are meaningless anyways
It's done by position (C/F/G). Last year Draymond has more total votes last year than DeAndre but DeAndre was 1st Team. Plus Andre Drummond on the 3rd Team.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Lockback posted:

Gobert should be above AD. Not sure if KAT should make it unless they really wanted another center then he's fine. Otherwise pretty good.

Poor PG13.

Each team needs to have a center. Unless you think Draymond is listed at center, which is a stretch.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Hmmm, no Boogie. Interesting.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
An image taken from Reddit and RealGM for the leak:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Chairchucker posted:

Hmmm, no Boogie. Interesting.

Next year is really, really important for his legacy. If the Pelicans collapse then he probably will permanently be a big fat loser.

That being said I think the Pelicans will probably be pretty good. They can probably snag a few shooting wings and cruise to like 47 wins easy.

• Locked thread