Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vauron
Aug 7, 2016

Take your stance
I will give you one fair chance
So let's make this dance a bloody masquerade
Ah, Tenshi. I found her Indomitable-ness so useful. Much of my 'strategy' for serious fights was to basically throw down two Poison Traps and then sub her in. Every hit from a late game character seemed to have enough damage to kill her in one blow without Indomitable, but that didn't matter as I just healed her back to full each turn while the 2x poison killed basically any non-steel and non-poison puppets. That was expensive though.

Although, it occurs to me that a level 30 Tenshi would be better than a level 70 Tenshi in that case, as you could use cheaper healing items to reset Indomitable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

krisslanza posted:

Completely unimportant and unexaminable, but I have no clue what this structure might be. It looks like a booth almost, with a glass window or something? We can speak to Kanako but uhm, after that fight with Sanae I wouldn't recommend it... because if you talk to her, this happens.

Guess where the Moriya shrine rest house is. Hint: try the door.

krisslanza
May 6, 2011

Darox posted:

Guess where the Moriya shrine rest house is. Hint: try the door.

:stonklol:

I swore I tried this door and I thought it didn't open. But maybe the game just didn't read my input, or I just hadn't tried walking into it.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
That's a pretty beefy wall of an opponent there. But this all feels fair, they're roughly on par with the stuff you can catch and the grinding you can do locally? Or not?

krisslanza
May 6, 2011

Glazius posted:

That's a pretty beefy wall of an opponent there. But this all feels fair, they're roughly on par with the stuff you can catch and the grinding you can do locally? Or not?

The wild Puppets around here are roughly level 30, so not really in the same level range. But at the moment, Kanako does use Puppets we can (and have) caught at the moment.
I don't have a neat program to look at the game's coding, so I can't check how her Puppets IVs/EVs might look, but I'd hazard to guess they're pretty good, or maybe perfect. The 'main' Puppet Masters tend to be much higher level then other Masters in the area and the wild Puppets. But a lot of my difficulty in the game is mostly from poor team builds, I just have too many Puppets sharing the same weakness, and I lack the moves to take advantage of the weaknesses of the Masters I fight.

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!
My favoritism towards certain characters at one point resulted in a team that had four puppets with the Earth type (defense Yuuka who is Nature/Earth, defense Momiji who is Steel/Earth, assist Chen who is Wind/Earth, defense Nazrin who is Earth/Poison), so certain Masters and normal puppeteers were miserable fights.

krisslanza
May 6, 2011

Falconer posted:

My favoritism towards certain characters at one point resulted in a team that had four puppets with the Earth type (defense Yuuka who is Nature/Earth, defense Momiji who is Steel/Earth, assist Chen who is Wind/Earth, defense Nazrin who is Earth/Poison), so certain Masters and normal puppeteers were miserable fights.

More or less what I'm running into now. :v:
I might go and pick... Mokou, Koakuma, and Kasen as personal picks... some ideas have been pitched for some others so far.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Go with defense Sukuna (Steel/Earth) simply because she is one of the few puppets who changes appearance based on style.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

AweStriker posted:

I'm seeing "Hinawari" as Tenshi's clan name a couple times, but it's actually "Hinanawi".

For the record, the W in Hinanawi is silent, like Tewi. It's a letter that no longer exists in modern Japanese, so it's meant to show that they're really old-fashioned.

Anyway, the best teams are the ones where everyone shares a weakness, but if you want actual advice, Suwako is double vulnerable to Nature. Also, her passive skill Moody only lowers a stat by one stage, not two. But it raises stats by two stages. So she gets a net positive from it, and if the battle goes on long enough she'll average out to a large stat increase in everything. Don't let that happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Clarste posted:

For the record, the W in Hinanawi is silent, like Tewi. It's a letter that no longer exists in modern Japanese, so it's meant to show that they're really old-fashioned.
Ain't that the truş.

• Locked thread