Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilblain
Oct 20, 2012

"You used some rude language towards me."
For that reason alone, I'll drop you into hell.
I'm going to vote Shinki and/or Mima because there's not enough PC-98 love going on here.

This is unironically probably my favourite game of 2014, and the expansion takes it up even further in my eyes, there's a lot in this game to love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilblain
Oct 20, 2012

A little thing to note is that in Puppet Dance Performance, a puppet's BST value isn't nearly as important as it is in Pokemon: TPDP is very much a game about beating up everybody else's favourites with your favourites, after all, and if some puppets could run roughshod over everyone else at the same level you'd have endless complaints about it. Instead, what tends to happen is that lower BST/Cost puppets will generally have very specialized stats and skill lists that make them excellent for a few things while higher BST/Cost puppets will be much more generalized and have the skills to show for that. FocasLens put a lot of effort into balancing the game and it shows, there's not really much of anything that could be classed as a "pseudolegendary" in the same vein as the Pokemon games.

Chilblain
Oct 20, 2012

Clarste posted:

"Void" is a bit of a mistranslation that bugs me a bit about this patch. I'd say the intent is much closer to "Null Type" or "Typeless". It's basically Normal, which you can also see in the type chart. Steel also has a slightly different connotation than it does in Pokemon, since it basically means "uses swords".

I wouldn't quite 100% agree regarding steel, there are puppets that are Steel type that don't necessarily use swords (like Nazrin, Patchouli, Yuugi, and Rika) and not every Steel-type attack involves swords (Full Metal Crash, for example). It does tend to correlate with puppets of characters that tend to use man-made tools or other such technology, though.

• Locked thread