Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

I can honestly say I was not expecting an LP of this game to show up. Shaping up to be quite an interesting romp so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

I've never played any Touhou games so my knowledge of the series is limited, but I do know Patchouli is my favorite character. She's cute, hates going outside as much as I do, and is a powerful mage, which is like a dream combination.

serefin99 fucked around with this message at 01:04 on May 9, 2017

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

krisslanza posted:

I mean if anyone wants me to use various Puppets, just ask.

Patchouli and one of the Scarlet sisters (idc if it's Remilia or Flandre), please.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Ooh, I can actually help with the weather explanations!

So the game has 4 different weather effects: Calm, Aurora, Thick Fog, and Sandstorm.

Calm makes it so the secondary effects of attacking skills are nullified, so stuff like Dancing Wind loses the 10% chance to boost stats, etc.

Aurora, as you guessed, increases the power of Light attacks, but it also decreases the power of Dark attacks. They really did not want you using Dark-types against them.

Thick Fog is the opposite of Aurora, strengthening Dark and weakening Light attacks.

Sandstorm is basically just the Pokemon version. All puppets, except for Earth and Steel-types, lose a little bit of HP every turn.

Shard of Dreams, in addition to all the other things it adds, also has a 5th weather type: Sunshower, which swaps the defense stats of all puppets on the field.

Fun fact, the abilities that trigger the weather effects are named after the four temperaments (sanguine, choleric, melancholic, phlegmatic), while the moves that trigger them are named after China's Four Gods (Seiryū, Suzaku, Byakko, and Genbu). Of course, the sequel continues the trend, with Sunshower's ability being the oft-unused Supine temperament, while its move is named after Kōryū, who often gets left out of Japanese media using the 4 Gods.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Clarste posted:

Um, the Chinese gods are actually entirely separate from the weather. It's like, uh, some kind of secondary weather. They call it Terrain, and it fills in the bottom half of a Yin-Yang orb, underneath the Weather (look at the screenshots with Aurora and you should be able to imagine it). They all have extremely weird effects, which I can't ever remember since they're hardly ever relevant, but I think Genbu is Trick Room from Pokemon (Speed priority is reversed), and Seiryu nullifies all type advantages and disadvantages.

Oh, woops. I guess that's what I get for assuming TV Tropes is 100% accurate.

• Locked thread