Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vauron
Aug 7, 2016

Take your stance
I will give you one fair chance
So let's make this dance a bloody masquerade

Zanzibar Ham posted:

As for the soon-to-be aspiring PokemonDoll Master's name, call her Selfi (short for our Self Insert).
That sounds fine to me.

As to our starter, I'm inclined to waste it on a puppet in the first encounter table. Or, alternatively, to use it on the puppet with the lowest encounter rate in the game. I suppose that, in the end, I'll go with Mokou.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vauron
Aug 7, 2016

Take your stance

krisslanza posted:

She seems to have a 5% encounter rate on Route 1. Which is one of the lowest encounter rates in the game, with only Flandre being lower (3.33%)

Not quite. Sariel is only available on the Victory Road equivalent and also is a 3.33%.

Any Kosuzu you seal should be named Recette, and any Kokoro should be named Persona.

Vauron
Aug 7, 2016

Take your stance
What, not gonna visit the Myouren Temple? Sure, you don't have a reason to yet, but the trainers on the path have levels appropriate to the current time. Additionally, the encounter table in the temple is roughly the same level as Route 3.

Vauron
Aug 7, 2016

Take your stance

Falconer posted:

Yeah, Style Changes show up soon. I... may have gotten half of my team qualified for a Style Change in the quest to catch every puppet in the Myouren Temple areas alongside routes 3 and 4 before remembering that I could have switched Yuuka's ability from Unjustness (double enemy puppet SP usage) to Peaceful (100% flee rate from wild puppet battles, even if a locking ability is used by the enemy).

That MIGHT have kept me from cutting down a small nation's worth of puppets and the resulting XP haul, just a bit.

Seriously, don't worry about 100% completion. At the very least, feel free to skip 5% and 3% encounter rate tohous.

As to what of the new batch to use, I suggest Kagerou and Yuyuko Honestly, I didn't find Mima that useful in general when I used her in my second playthrough.

Vauron
Aug 7, 2016

Take your stance
My assumption as to the puppeteers after EIentei being weaker was that Kaguya and Mokou were basically Gym Leaders, As boss characters, they are stronger than the mooks in the area right after them. Although, the size of the level difference is odd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vauron
Aug 7, 2016

Take your stance
Ah, Tenshi. I found her Indomitable-ness so useful. Much of my 'strategy' for serious fights was to basically throw down two Poison Traps and then sub her in. Every hit from a late game character seemed to have enough damage to kill her in one blow without Indomitable, but that didn't matter as I just healed her back to full each turn while the 2x poison killed basically any non-steel and non-poison puppets. That was expensive though.

Although, it occurs to me that a level 30 Tenshi would be better than a level 70 Tenshi in that case, as you could use cheaper healing items to reset Indomitable.

• Locked thread