Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Doc Morbid posted:

The Mementos music loop sounds like something from WWF No Mercy on the N64, the only thing missing is a guy going "DIG DIGGITY DOG" over it.

Well I just had some kind of terrible PTSD flashback thing, thanks that game was way too loving good for that music

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Despite his past, he seems like a pretty cool guy. How on Earth did he manage to keep his position after being caught stealing money, though?

It says "accused" so it might have just been a dumb media scandal without any actual substance behind it. I'd be interested to know how good the translation is here as something like "misappropriation" would give more of an implication of being sleazy / underhanded / immoral rather than straight up illegal.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Kawakami's story is like 3 or 4 different extremely annoying awful cultural tropes all bundled up into a big ball of stupid. "Someone got killed in an accident I had nothing to do with, after I delivered some bad news to them, which I was only complicit in, and not an active agent in causing. So it's totally my fault and I have to pay blood money to the family forever."

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Stroth posted:

The important part is this bit:

Appearance counts. Even if the case eventually got thrown out she'd still be blacklisted.

I mean this is nothing but blackmail with a very tiny veneer of respectability on top. There would have to have been a whole raft of exasperating circumstances for the argument they're trying to make to have even the tiniest bit of legitimacy. You might as well blame the school as a whole for setting too much homework resulting in being too tired, for example.

I assume that they went for such a weirdly contorted storyline in order to make Kawakami seem more sympathetic but it actually just makes her seem like a complete idiot being taken for a ride. Her reasons for going along with it don't stand up to any proper scrutiny, so perhaps you're supposed to assume that she's actually acting entirely out of (extremely misplaced) guilt and is using "I'm only protecting the school!" as an excuse to allow her to do penance for her self-perceived misdeed. Maybe that's supposed to be the point, but that doesn't make me hate this particularly overused and ugly cultural touchstone any less.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Medjed is Punpun, apparently :v:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

I'd argue that Twilight Princess was a good game but then I remembered that might have been the last dungeon I completed. But in my defense I'm just too lazy to play that kind of game any more.

It had fantastic aesthetics, though. It just needed to not be a Zelda game.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

PoptartsNinja posted:

She's watching the Dota 2 finals and can't be disturbed.

"I tried to watch the entire group stages of The International and all I got was this lousy sleep disorder?"

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Really Pants posted:

this is my OC he is strongest in the world and used to be a dark evil god-king until the second strongest warrior dueled him and taught him the ways of honor, and the goddess of love and war is in love with him

I call him Gilgamesh

e: apparently some historians agree that Gilgamesh was an actual king who had all this poo poo written about him lol

Thanks to the Epic of Gilgamesh I learned that the path to civilisation lies through sex with prostitutes
:goonsay:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

I actually did not see this coming and it's good

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

dont fukkin murder ppl: Let's Play Persona 5

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

poo poo, that's actually sort of cool

Counterpoint: wrist belt.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Same, to be honest. :smith:

I mean "making small talk by discussing topics that both parts of the conversation are interested in" is like the basis of casual social interactions, and most people enjoy food, so it's not particularly a bad thing. I have pretty niche interests and I don't like any popular music or sports so that doesn't leave much space for other stuff to talk about other than really obvious topics such as the weather or local news.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

it sounds like being a pirate sucked a whole lot!

By most accounts I've read it sucked significantly less than being press ganged, but then you eventually ran foul of pirate hunters or just got a nasty disease like everyone else

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

Wow, nice one getting the game to sync up with the calendar IRL.

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Wow I just looked it up and holy poo poo it's like someone specifically went out of their way to be as offensive as possible, especially compared to the extremely obvious twist you could make to the same scenario which would make it a more sympathetic reading.