Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
So, I suspect the answer to this question is "Not really," but...

Are there any other RPGs out there that are like the 'modern' Persona games?

These two excellent P5 LPs are really giving me the urge to play, but I doubt I'll ever own a console that'd run it. I'm curious, especially after the runaway success of P4, if there are any worthy imitators/successors that might be out there. Or, hell, any games that came before P3 that might have served as inspiration for the changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
Y'know, as the Persona designs keep getting cooler and more on-the-nose with their thematic relevance in each game, it just seems increasingly weird that they're still reusing so many designs for the enemies and rank-n-file Personas from the SMT-era games.

Like, okay, cool, Kamoshida's castle has a bunch of Shadow-knights, that makes sense... and then SPLOOOSH they turn into Pixies and Pyro Jacks from a loving 25-year-old SNES game. And I bet our poor protagonist is going to get stuck with at least one or two Personas that are as underwhelming as the Mitama(s) from 3 & 4. Are they doing it to maintain kind-of-the-last real link to mainline SMT? Purely out of a sense of tradition? It can't be strictly to save by reusing assets (at least, not any more).

(thank you to everyone who answered my earlier question, btw; I'll check some of those out)

Ghost of Starman fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Apr 26, 2017