Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Pththya-lyi posted:

"I'm a recurring villain in the Phoenix Ranger Featherman reboot!"
"I'm the greatest young painter in the country!"
"My sister is being really nice and encouraging me to follow my dreams!"
"My mother is alive and letting her help me with her cognitive psience research!"
"I'm a handsome man and Lady Ann agreed to get a parfait with me!"

:smith:

It's kind of sad that out of all the impossible dreams coming true we've seen, up to and including reviving the long dead, the most farfetched thing Makoto can come with to improve her life is Sae being a nice and involved big sister.

Regardless, learning our teammates' fondest wishes only to crush them for the greater good will be fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

To wrap up the Phantom Thieves, here’s Morgana’s trailer:

https://youtu.be/RfRqasU31z4

His tier three Persona is Diego, an older version of Zorro.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Oxxidation posted:

also just saw translations of the text, the "dream world" theory is pretty much confirmed

further, it looks like joker and akechi are the only ones aware of it, and akechi's trying to persuade joker to gently caress everything up and return to the real world

Well, still pissed that you know how is back, but this does explain why he'd be allowed to continue roaming free after his mass murders or be tolerated in the team.

Also, we got a glimpse of Makoto's third tier Persona: a big, blue armored motorcycle. Guess that proves all the fusions are variations on the characters' original Persona's. Which is good, because the old second-tiers were all kind of weird for them. Especially Makoto who had to switch from uniquely revving around to holding a JoJo pose.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Aug 2, 2019

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Oxxidation posted:

i do like what it implies about akechi's own character arc too if the above spoilers bear out

it stands to reason that akechi, who lost his loving mind after realizing that the artificial affection he got from his carefully cultivated image under shido tasted like ash in his mouth compared to his brief contact with joker, would be repulsed by whatever lotus-eater bullshit the party's being fed in this extra arc

It also helps that he and Joker were both chosen to be Yaldy's Wild Cards. Meaning that likely be the only ones with the clarity and will to resist being locked into what is essentially a glorified prison no matter how bad their lives may become otherwise.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

BisbyWorl posted:

Considering half the poo poo that takes place in Ace Attorney, it probably wouldn't be so hard.

How many times did we get ghosts to testify, again?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Bookthief posted:

Really seems like the gloves that Hifumi gives as a present should be Shogi themed somehow.

None of the other gifts were that personalized. Unless Ann has some deep connection to earmuffs or Makoto to watches that I don’t know about.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

The Valentines’ Day Massacre is the most appropriate way to end the game, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Let us end this thread safe in the knowledge that though this may end, Persona will not. Because Joker is going to be making appearances in other games until the end of time.

Here, have a nightmare-inducing example:

https://youtu.be/2NpUB_qcAOo