Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magic Fanatic
Oct 28, 2008
Oh yeah, one fun note: whenever you start a new game, it goes through that whole disclaimer... It's actually a Yes/No question of if you agree to it, and if you don't... The game scolds you and kicks you back to the title screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Fanatic
Oct 28, 2008
My first run of this game was on Merciless, and I had a blast. Of course, I personally find that mode easier than Hard Mode for whatever reason.

Magic Fanatic
Oct 28, 2008
Alright, so, this boss.

He's a nightmare on Pure Merciless (differentiated from normal Merciless only by meaning that you went through the entire dungeon on that difficulty, rather than just setting it to Merciless for that one boss), mostly because you're almost guaranteed to have lower levels, and lesser Personas as a result. In fact, I had to grind up to level 8 and try a few different fusions to get something that let me win, passing Tarunda up through to the Level 8 Fool Persona, because it had Resist Physical.

Phase 1 is usually not a problem on this boss - just wail on the trophy and heal as needed. Phase 2, though? He gets a lot more dangerous.

Gold Medal Spike, as shown here, is a OHKO to anyone not guarding, and sometimes even kills people through guarding if they had less than half HP. Golden Knife HURTS. Lustful Slurp makes everything here dangerous, because if he gets a turn without Tarunda up, it's pretty much a loss. And the kicker?

If you fail to deal 100-150 damage a turn for two or three turns, he'll notice that someone is missing early, and cancel the sending, making all the time that last party member was gone wasted.

Level 8 might be high (since all I needed to burn through was two Revival Beads), but it's still a hectic fight.

Magic Fanatic
Oct 28, 2008
This is one of those times where I wonder if Yusuke's disposition would've been any different if they told him what they went through with Kamoshida, and used that with the rumors going around on Madarame, in a somewhat, "We've been through this crap before, we're here to make absolutely sure nothing bad happens to our friend".

Magic Fanatic
Oct 28, 2008
I don't know if this would match anyone else's experience, but Null Phys doesn't seem to trigger his Megido spam - I went in with Shiki-Ouji and found myself being basically invincible to him. Never realized he had a spell to cast in the first place.