Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
His name is Jack Youngblood.

Wait poo poo, 8 characters. Hmm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

His name is David Bowie.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

For the record, the "canon name", or at least the most canon name there is right now, being the one used in the Persona 5 manga, is Akira Kurusu.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Level Seven posted:

Maaku Hamiru, you are Joker after all.
We are Heath Ledger.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Actually! Actually. My real name suggestion is Sabrin Spellman, an allusion to the hit 90s show Sabrina the Teenage Witch. The reason I choose this name will become swiftly evident in the playthrough.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Junpei posted:

One thing I really like is that Maaku isn't quite a silent protagonist. He does at least have a running commentary in his head, and in anime cutscenes and actual gameplay he does more than grunt and nod, unlike Makoto and Yu.
He also has running themes in his conversational options which make it easy to derive a personality from him beyond the "choose your own" personality that previous Persona games had.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

GoneRampant posted:

This primarily meant that a lot of focus was Adachi and Marie's Social Links, and while Adachi is a popular character and the Golden animation gave him a bit of spotlight, Marie has a very split fanbase, and a lot of her detractors felt that Marie was given too much screentime and that she overshadowed the Investigation Team. It's fine if you like Marie, but you kind of need to watch it concurrently with the original anime to make sense of the story.
I couldn't get into Golden for this reason, but I've started thinking about re-watching the original series. Is there a recommended viewing order if you want to intermix episodes from both series?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Robindaybird posted:

Yeah, I wish the game didn't just gloss over it - please tell me some of Yusuke's confidant is about him learning to actually socialize as well as arting.

Also, is there any particular story behind why P5's translation is a mess compare to pretty much near perfect P4's was? Because it does feel like it a step backwards.
Apparently there was a lot of meddling by Japanese executives.