Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

#Millenials is flawless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I always wrote it off as "people who are going though developmental stages sometimes act like fuckheads for no apparent reason". Between my best friend from Highschool and myself, I can think of plenty of times where either one of us (or both of us) wound up doing some pretty messed up stuff for one reason or another, and yet we were voted to be two of the nicest people in the school by the student body (I don't remember who was first and who was runner up, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter).

The Persona protagonists are still growing out of being idiot children and learning how to be mature and responsible individuals, so sometimes they act carelessly or selfishly without considering what they're doing or who they're doing it to. It's a symptom of growing up.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I know that we're busy feeling bad for Makoto and making fun of Garfield's Humansona right now, but uh

I feel like this is an under-appreciated moment. I found myself saying "holy poo poo" out loud when I got to that part. Ryuji don't give a gently caress.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Arist posted:

“We will discipline any who worship them. The punishment is the confiscation of possessions. We are Medjed. We are unseen. We will eliminate evil.” ...That’s what it says.
What does that all mean!?
They’re saying that they’ll target sympathizers of the Phantom Thieves.

LATER IN THE UPDATE:

“The showdown between the just Phantom Thieves and the global organization Medjed is here!” Reactions have been great too. Everyone is really engaged. So far, most of the comments have been pro-Phantom Thieves. Most likely because of what happened in the Kaneshiro case.
god loving damnit mishima

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

taking this opportunity to post my favorite medjed fanart

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

AradoBalanga posted:

Eh, he's a Confidant, which means Mishima probably has some degree of plot armor. Then again, I will laugh if Mishima's forum post is what leads to the reveal of who Medjed is/are, because just the thought of a dork like Mishima being partially responsible for taking down a hacker group is hilarious.

I was more focused on Medjed pledging to punish people who were pro-PT, which was immediately followed by Mishima talking about how so many people were posting on the Phansite about how great #Millennials are.

Ten bucks says that Mishima threw the Phansite together with basic forums software that has incredibly lovely security and the Popularity-O-Meter is going to take a violent downturn when the HACKERMEN show up and start shooting fish in a barrel.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Alkydere posted:

Twilight Princess at least didn't overstay its welcome like Skyward Sword. On the other hand it's downright absurd the amount of play Skyward Sword got out of dungeons that were like 5-6 rooms long.

Twilight Princess loses a letter grade though due to the Spinner going from :krad: to lame the moment you realize it's useless outside of maybe 10 rooms in the game (and I'm probably being generous), 8 of which are in the dungeon you find it in. After that it's just a macguffin to turn on machinery.

The Spinner was significantly cooler in the Freelance Astronauts LP.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Arist posted:

Futaba’s Persona is the loving Necronomicon

holy poo poo this owns so hard :allears:

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Tora should've been a missable party member - recruitable, but not important to the plot. That way it wouldn't gently caress up the central theme of ROTTEN ADULTS while still allowing the story to be like "oh hey, not all adults with responsibility/power are total garbage".

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I think part of it was Ohya trying to make the guy uncomfortable so he would gently caress off.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Lala is the best character in the game, bar none. :colbert:

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Akechi being all "MY MOTHER DIED AND I'VE HAD A ROUGH LIFE, FEEL BAD FOR ME :qq:" completely out of the blue makes me think he has approximately zero real friends and he's desperately trying to make some.

I can't tell if that paints him as pathetic, stupid, or a sociopath.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I'm pretty sure Ann is fine with Ryuji being obviously attracted to her right now because half of the point of swimsuits is to show off. She gets pissed when she's in casual wear because she's not trying to be sexy then, she's just trying to go about her normal business (and so it's annoying).

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

beru04 posted:

I finally get to show off one of my favourite pieces of fan art!

:five:

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

gently caress Morgana. He saved Maaku and Ryuji, sure, but that doesn't give a pass for acting like a dickhead.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Arist posted:

Don’t rush me. I assure you, I can handle this. More importantly… everyone at school has been on edge since that tabloid article. Please be careful not to stand out, OK?
You don’t gotta tell me twice!

well actually

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

The Takases are a good example of people I would enjoy seeing the Phantom Thieves' "stealing hearts" routine taken more literally on.

As in removing their hearts from their bodies.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Arist posted:

It was really more weird than sad, to be honest. Does thinking about the traumatic concepts of “lunch” or “books” really cause that much pain? How do you live like that?
I have a friend who has gone through some poo poo in their lives and, fifteen years later, still dwells on the times that they were bullied as a kid for being "weird". It's really common for people who have experienced severe emotional trauma because they feel "wrong" for one reason or another and tend to overanalyze their lives to try to figure out how to avoid being "wrong" in the future.

fractalairduct posted:

Ok, so, there's this couple, the Takases, and they...

:yeah:

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Matsushita is frustrated that he couldn't manipulate Tora into doing what he wanted, but recognizes that Tora has his poo poo together and this is the best course of action instead of dividing the party. It's basically a Nash equilibrium.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

The reason that the "cheats at games" guy is "evil" enough to be a Mementos target is because Persona 5 is a videogame and the developers don't want you to cheat at it.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Morgana is my least favorite character of the protagonist's party and I am not at all looking forward to an entire section dedicated to him.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Complete shot in the dark guess about what's going on in Mementos, but going to put it under spoilers just in case:

The person completing requests in Mementos is Akechi. He managed to wind up there after we accidentally teleported him into the metaverse and he's been killing time (literally and figuratively) while he tries to figure his way out.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Honestly, Mishima's character is really sad to me. He seems like a kid who desperately wants to be cool and good and has the potential to be cool and good, but nobody actually taught him how to be cool and good. As a result, he's just constantly loving up, doesn't understand what he's doing wrong, and resents the world because nobody explained how to be a better person. If someone sat him down and drilled some basic social concepts into him he wouldn't be nearly as bad, but because he's already such a lovely dweeb he's easy to hate and it's unlikely anyone would want to spend the time cleaning up his lovely character.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Arist posted:

It's worth noting that I had no idea going in that 9/21 would be "poo poo On Mishima At Every Opportunity Day." It just kind of worked out like that. Hell, I didn't even notice until I took the screenshots.

You've kinda been making GBS threads on Mishima every time he's shown up, though.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I want to believe so loving bad that this actually appeared in-game.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Wow, that...

only looks vaguely like Igor.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Kith Attempt #1:

Out of all of the companions, only Makoto has a psychic motorcycle. That alone should be reason enough.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

CommaToes posted:

date ann to piss off the cat

This is the strongest argument I've heard for Ann

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I forefit my prize to ajkalan.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Best Timeline is where it keeps getting passed around until the thread ends. I am solely responsible for starting this mess and I regret nothing.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Two questions:

1) why the gently caress can you date kawakami
2) Will you be showing off what the other relationships result in? I want to see how much of a trash fire Kawakami's is.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Drakenel posted:

So far there's four grown women we can 'date' that we've met. Kawakami is one, yes.

what

I don't actually know who all you can date and I don't trust my google fu to find the information myself without spoilers, would you mind sharing?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

AradoBalanga posted:

Welp, Haru got to watch her dad die on live TV.

WHILE AT NOT-DISNEYLAND, NO LESS

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Assuming we're actually going after Sae and this isn't a setup like the Principal.

Edit: Update on the last page.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Funky Valentine posted:

Sae's Cognitive Makoto is probably really awful.

oh jesus i didn't even think about the fact that we're probably going to run into her

not looking forward to that poo poo

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Guy Fawkes or Don Quixote.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Mishima reminds me of a lot of my friends from highschool: socially inept nerds who were desperate to make something of themselves, but had no idea how and often wound up doing some pretty messed up stuff in an attempt to be cool or mature. It's nice to see him get his life together - it reminds me of the people who had moments of self-realization and stopped being lovely because of it.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Considering that Ryuji practically screams "HEY GUYS WE'RE THE PHANTOM THIEVES" to everyone within earshot, that makes his new persona doubly appropriate.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Arist posted:

Is it really a thing that Japanese students go to restaurants to study? I feel like doing that in America would get the cops sicced on you for loitering.

When I was in college, pretty much every fast food or casual restaurant in the area was more than happy to accommodate studying students as long as they ordered something. I made a habit of hanging out at the Alehouse down the road from campus and never got any trouble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I feel like the forced extra-day wait was to punish people who left it until the absolute last minute.