Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Just the head, too, an almost impotent version of a powerful, famous-slash-infamous SMT demon. Up to you what you read into that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

This really isn't a hard one

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Not to mention that it renders any Persona with a weakness to Light or Dark essentially unusable.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Materant posted:

Correction: you only get to straight retry from boss/miniboss fights on the easiest difficulty. Any other difficulty will at minimum punt you back to your last safe room.
There's a weird exception for certain minibosses in places we haven't gotten to yet, but we're already super deep into spoiler territory, so instead I'm just gonna change subjects.

Watching people struggle with bosses is way more dramatic. Has more character, too. Even if the commentary says "I redid this fight later because I had to waste some super-important healing items", that's okay, just as long as I got to see the entertaining run.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

DeafNote posted:

at least in this game I can imagine its 'cognitive death'
but considering a gameover leads you to the velvet room, I just assumed Igor has some strict rules for wild card users
There's an interesting theory that it's because when a Wild Card user dies, their spirit is pulled into the Velvet Room to be an attendant. Not much to build it on, but interesting.

Edit Let's not talk about how P5 could corroborate or contradict this theory, please.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I appreciate the attempts they made with this mechanic to make fights more interesting, even if it effectively just boils down to "wail on him with three" instead of "wail on him with four".

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Persona 5: Jazzing All Evening

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

McFetusBurger posted:

Torrent shot
:filez:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Morgana won't be worse than Teddie until he pulls his head off revealing a naked blonde teenager underneath.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Blastinus posted:

I really like what they did for the non-party social links in this game. It actually feels like every character you add to your retinue provides you with a concrete benefit. Ironically, in my first playthrough I ended up blowing off most of my party members in favor of things like better medical supplies, just because the bonuses of party member confidants seemed to pale in comparison to the stuff you got from NPC's.
I agree. Even if you end up not liking a Social link, you can still get a mechanical benefit out of it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Kemix posted:

cavalcade of fuckups
I spy with my little eye a DBZ Abridged fan.

:respek:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Bliss Authority posted:

Untouhouble is in a different Persona game, with a female MC using Reimu as a starter Persona. And Cirno is either Strength or the Hermit, I forget.
I would genuinely and unquestioningly believe that a Persona-style Touhou game exists. The Touhou fandom is nuts.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Blue Labrador posted:

I suggest the slight alteration of #Millennials for authenticity's sake.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

LPix is down right now, it's a site-wide thing.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CommaToes posted:

Should we tally up the nine ways of spelling it as different voting options? I'm having fun seeing how it's different every three posts.
Millllilelinillinlilal

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

She has a sister, too, so it'd be great if she's a Social Link as well.

Really, I'd love it if pretty much every remaining Social Link prompted some nonsensical dialogue from Sae like the last one.
There's a couple that are really a stretch. :allears:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

McFetusBurger posted:

"A spirit castle where you steal people's desires? Ok, fine, but WHO MADE YOUR COFFEE"
"To get those glasses, you must have had to see an optometrist. DID HE HELP THE PHANTOM THIEVES, TOO?"

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I don't think that's what "butterfly kisses" means.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

quote:

I just have to say that I still love seeing these.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Please listen to Beneath the Mask. Seriously.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm still slightly baffled that, despite there being so many great songs in this game, two of the ones you hear the most are the ones that age the most poorly. I feel like a second battle theme that sometimes plays instead of the regular one would have done a lot to break up the monotony.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

GhostStalker posted:

I dunno, Last Surprise is a pretty good battle theme that doesn't really grow old to me at least.. Feel the same way about Reach Out to the Truth, Mass Destruction, Time to Make History, and Wiping All Out, all of the main battle themes continued to be amazing for me and never really got all that repetitive in my opinion. Also, there are also the boss fight theme whose name is escaping me at the moment, and the post calling card theme that I'm also forgetting the name of right now. Some of the dungeon themes are really great too.

I agree that the Momentos theme gets old real quick though.
Wiping All Out is one of my favorite battle themes in any JRPG ever. I think it might be at least partially because there's a little bit more time before the lyrics kick in, and then they settle as a part of the song, instead of being the entire focus. Reach Out, Mass Destruction and Last Surprise aren't bad songs by any means, but when I was marathoning P5 the first time through, it definitely got a little old.

(Also, I'm pretty sure the song you're thinking of is Blooming Villain.)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

The best thing about Mementos is that it makes you appreciate how good the palace level design, and how poorly the old system of random floors has aged.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Reminds me of Elizabeth's requests in P3 in that way.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Persona 4chan

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Stephen9001 posted:

all the questions are the things that we already got asked about in class
...how do you think tests work?

Stephen9001 posted:

With like, no apparent context.
Once or twice beforehand, she's noticed something weird and then dismissed it as nothing. This time it was just more obvious.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I missed Tora's S-Link when I played for the first time, so I'm super hype to see this one I've heard so much about.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

"Dehydrated" sure is a way you could describe those people, I guess.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

We're getting close to a really uncomfortable section of the game.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Haifisch posted:

Persona 5: Dancing All Thread.
Followed by the fangame Persona 5: Spoiling All Afternoon.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

If Kamoshida was a mic drop, this section is P5 tripping over the cord and stumbling head first into a portapotty.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah, the game gets good again not too much later but I could never really "forgive" Yusuke, even with the writers really being at fault.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

chiasaur11 posted:

That's because the writers are always at fault. Characters don't exist outside of their circumstances, and treating them as 'real' requires temporarily ignoring the fact that some guy behind a keyboard set up their every action. If a character acts like a poo poo, it's fair to drop it on them, even if the writers change tack as they go.
Yes, thank you. I am very aware. My point was that I know that intellectually, but being as invested in the game as I was, emotionally, I put that on Yusuke as a character, rather than as a part of the whole.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

chiasaur11 posted:

I was just saying that it was entirely reasonable.

Sorry if I sounded like I was disagreeing.
No worries. Online it's not at all weird for me to have arguments that happen because me and someone are just talking past each other.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

In the anime, she gets off pretty well, but the game itself goes out of its way to implicitly mock her.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

GuyUpNorth posted:

I believe more or less so. Then it leads to no university, no employment and immense shaming from everyone because failure, which leads to (honorable) suicide or withdrawing from society. Japanese government has tried to erase the first option with centuries of history behind it.
Alternatively, it could end up as a fast-track into actual criminality, if, say, the Yakuza got hold of him. There's a different kind of culture with organized crime than there would be just being some solo 'stealing to survive' person, because, in some way, you're still honoring and serving an organization/entity greater than yourself.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Oh, God, this loving section. :cripes:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Finally, the game is getting good again. :toot: I appreciate that there's not a lot of time wasted between "discovers Madarame's poo poo" and "becomes a persona user", because they really could have dragged that out if they wanted to. It feels like a very sudden change of character, but it makes sense under the context of him knowing for a long time but trying to be willfully ignorant of the truth. Finding the real Sayuri was just what finally blew the lid off of it.

ApplesandOranges posted:

A lot of people compare Yusuke's in-battle performance to Chie (mostly because Ryuji is basically Kanji 2.0), but that's not strictly accurate. Yusuke is far more akin to Junpei than anything - assorted physical skills, High Counter, a buff and a little magic, but without Charge and stuck with some fairly hard-hitting but situational skills.
At first, I wanted to compare him to Yosuke, but without the healing, but there's a much better Yosuke analogue coming up who I will not talk about any further for risk of any spoilers.

Also, I love that Goemon's pipe has an axe head on the end of it. :kamina:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Materant posted:

And with this out of the way, I present to the thread the best fanwork for P5 by a wide margin.
Everyone please watch this video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

No mention of Johnny Yong Bosch or Christ Sabat? :colbert: