Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

MythosDragon posted:

On the topic of Time, P4 was 2011, and I'm pretty sure I read that P5 calendar matches 2016. But now its a megaman spinoff for some reason and they dont want to tell you when we get personal AI butlers.
It's actually set in the year 94,533. The Persona universe uses a base 36 calendar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

resurgam40 posted:

I truly don't mind being directed to certain emotional states in service of a story or theme, even if those emotions aren't particularly fun, but that sort of touches on the whole "are games art?" discussion that I would prefer not to get into.
Good news - you don't have to get into that discussion, because it turns out the answer is unambiguously "yes".

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Arkanumzilong posted:

I know its likely cultural differences
But I HATE that people threat you like garbage DESPITE k owing you where basically saving a woman from being raped/kidnapped

You did a good thing, and in reality (or so id like to hope) your conviction would be met with some oposition, and people aware of the fact would be more lenient
But in game (and from what I have been told, in japanese culture) people act as if you where completely in the wrong
(Not jigen himself bitches that you got between two adults and that you basically deserve what happened to you for it)
Yeah, it's weird. A lovely adult did a lovely thing and put the main character in a lovely situation. It's almost like that's supposed to be lovely or something.

That can't be right. I'm sure it's just "cultural differences".

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

MythosDragon posted:

If you meant the Calendar aspect of time management, I think you're out of luck. Persona is completely unique in such a fleshed out time management aspect combined with a fully functioning RPG to my knowledge. Closest you get is Rune Factory and its parent, Harvest Moon.
Somebody's never heard of Bistro Cupid. :colbert:

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

MythosDragon posted:

I assure you, I know every single thing about every single obscure Xbox title Microsoft used to try to get a foothold in Japan.

And by everything I mean, what the hell is this game, I cant find anything past the box art.
It's an RPG/dating sim/restaurant management game. The guy who was doing the Tokimeki Memorial LP streamed it once, for either Valentine's Day or April Fools'. (I don't remember which - either would have fit.) I think that footage has been lost to the sands of time, unfortunately, and I don't recommend anyone go looking for it, because he also streamed Persona 5, and I don't know what deadly spoilers might lurk in the shadows of his Twitch archive.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Clarste posted:

The main Persona Team is actually going to be working on brand new IPs for Atlus. Persona 6 will be made by their understudies, so it might end up fairly different.
I suspect that making a game like Persona 5 is enough of a trial to make anyone into a battle-scarred veteran.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I wonder if they'll give P6 to the director of Persona 3 Portable. She sure knocked that one out of the park.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Bliss Authority posted:

"Aesthetic" is certainly a translation of what Ryuji said.

While that's one of the literal translations of the term, it doesn't have the same connotations as 'aesthetic' has in English: a better way for Ryuji to put it is "That's just how I roll" or "that's my style."
leaked footage of an unused opening theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHnqF5PLP2w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

GeneX posted:

I fully recommend banning anyone who uses the word waifu to talk about female characters.

and also banning Junpei because he's the worst poster in the subforum
Someone make this person a mod.