Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Blastinus posted:

Special shoutout in that scene goes to the kids who, discovering that one of their classmates tried to commit suicide, decided to pull out their phones and take pictures. It's the little things that really make you dislike the faceless NPCs that populate this world.

Sadly that is all too realistic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

There's a certain aspect about her in battles that kinda throws any idea that she was designed to be a sexually empowering character out the window (would being specific count as as a spoiler?)

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

GeneX posted:

I do think that Teddie living with you in P4 would have been horrible though

He actually does live with you for a while in Golden.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Lord Koth posted:

...Really, no Neo Featherman costumes? You heavily disappoint.

Here you go.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

EDIT: Wrong thread.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

ChaosArgate posted:

I coulda sworn the "you feel as though your bond will deepen" message has been in since at least vanilla P4 because I remember seeing it and I've only played maybe an hour of P4G. It might've been in P3FES, even!

I believe in vanilla that message would appear after you spent time with someone without ranking up. Starting in P4G it tells you before committing to hanging out with the person.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Materant posted:

Atlus does unironically love their salt.

In response to a video making fun of DSP ragequitting Persona 3.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Definitely #Millennials with the hashtag.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

quote:

Although Yoshitsune helped defeat the Taira, he was driven out by his brother and killed himself. However, in the centuries that followed, Yoshitsune became more popular as a tragic hero.

He also became popular for being OP as poo poo.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

ChaosArgate posted:

Makoto trying to stalk you is one of my favorite details in this game. :allears: She, uh, also can't turn around properly! The video is from about two in-game weeks later than where the LP currently is and doesn't really spoil anything.

She was just drifting.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Arist posted:

Three weeks for three million yen… Things have taken a serious turn for the worse...

Don't sweat it Maaku. Just confuse a Mementos target and you'll have that money in no time.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

The changes they made to Arcana Chance in P4G made it pretty easy to make Izanagi really powerful.

Wiseblood fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Sep 23, 2017

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Snorb posted:

One of the yakuza guys who pushed Makoto into his car said it first though.

The joke is Ryuji spent the entire game until now saying "effin".

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Really Pants posted:

Fan Death should be an SMT demon

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Nice outfit to be wearing during a heat wave Akechi.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

At least there's probably not a hot spring segment in this game, right?

We already had one earlier with MC, Ryuji, and Yusuke. (And a random old guy who likes the water to be really hot)

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

kw0134 posted:

or you know make him swear

Since he's supposed to be a gamer, they could have had him call Joker a variety of slurs.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

This part of Shinya's confidant link feels very Persona 3.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Doc M posted:

Shenmue and Shenmue 2, as well. They basically just picked random English speakers off the street and told them to do a bunch of voices they sometimes didn't even have the range for.

Apparently for Shenmue they wanted actors that looked like the characters they would voice for some reason. Also one of the reasons they chose the guy who played Ryo was because he knew martial arts.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Jeremy Blaustein did an interview for the site ShenmueDojo.net talking about casting for the first game's English voices.

https://web.archive.org/web/20100702214642/http://www.shenmuedojo.net/JeremyBlaustein2.shtml

quote:

And here’s a thing about Shenmue that made it even more complicated, and I can’t recall why this was the case, but for some reason we were also looking for voice actors who would physically look like the characters. I think Suzuki was planning to do some kind of non-videogame media thing.

quote:

So I went back to America, I put out advertisements and I got a couple of people. And the people I got were Deborah Rabbai, and certainly Corey Marshall. And he did martial arts, that’s one of the reasons why he got the job.

Wiseblood fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jul 7, 2018

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

RedMagus posted:

Honestly I wish there was a "because you're family" option for Futaba, cause even after all this Phantom Thief stuff is done, she's still gonna need that emotional support, and it would of been a sweet little note to tie off the rank. Saying we're teammates just feels kind of distant, like we're the Protag from PS3

It always bugged me how often they use the word "teammates" in this game instead of just calling the rest of the Phantom Thieves your friends.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

TheKirbs posted:

Chie got a full party Heat Riser plus she crits like crazy, what other use is there for teammates 4 :colbert:

Dragon Hustle cost more than half of Chie's maximum SP though so it was really impractical.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Wouldn't that make Down Shot hilariously broken?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

For some reason Haru is the only one who seems genuinely hurt. With the others it's mostly mild disappointment.