Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

rannum posted:

This escalated quickly
Welcome to Persona, enjoy your stay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
And Christmas Eve is basically treated as a romantic holiday there. You might as well ask why Americans still go to work/school on Valentine's Day.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Hunt11 posted:

I love the Igor twist as it takes advantage of the fact of a VA change to slip in a traitor who you could never expect but at the same time was hinted at since the very beginning.
Admittedly it comes off weirder in the English version, since there it changed drastically for no apparent reason while the Japanese version had the very solid excuse of the old VA dying.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Gruckles posted:

The being created from the hopes of mankind is a cat that turns into a car. :3:
That nags you about going to bed now because you must be very tired.

The real embodiment of humanity's hopes is being able to get enough sleep even when you might be tempted to do otherwise. :geno:

Haifisch fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jan 2, 2019

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Arist posted:

I don’t think you’re using the bullshit word “seemeth” correctly.
It could be worse.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Sylphosaurus posted:

Goddamnit, the nations of the world really ought to send their entire worth of psychologists and therapists to the people of Japan, considering how many apocalypses their lovely psychological health causes.
There's probably a bunch of apocalypses almost happening worldwide all the time, it's just that we only get Persona games about the ones in Japan. :v:

(I'd be down for a non-Japan Persona game, but I suspect they wouldn't know what to do without the Japanese school structure to fall back on. Same with a modern Persona with adult protagonists.)

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
I'd ask how they'd shoehorn in the obligatory trip, but that could just be spring break.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Arist posted:

From here on out’s the prosecutor’s job, huh…
One prosecutor shoots god in the head, another figures out Shido's trial and also tries to get us in jail again. So it goes.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
As the 100% accurate Ace Attorney series has shown, it's kosher for a prosecutor to take over defense for a day.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Yup.

And if you played the original P4 but skipped Golden, being able to straight-up pick fusion skills is worth a million plot missteps by itself.

E: I'd also say P5's non-party member s-links are more memorable overall than P4's s-links, although the same applied to P3 vs P4 s-links. Atlus is definitely getting better at that over time.

Haifisch fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jan 11, 2019

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Makoto clearly gets it the worst, because it goes from cool bike she can ride to transformer bike she can't ride.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

SoundwaveAU posted:

The Valentine's Day scenes are always nice. I really wish there was more incentive to hang out with your girlfriend, because after you start dating you just basically ignore her until Christmas/Valentine's Day rolls around. Persona is a time management game and gameplay-wise taking your girlfriend on nice dates (which you can do, and there are many really cute scenes) is just a waste of time.
Especially in P5, where I feel like the 'unlock a bunch of spots to hang out with s-links' system is kind of wasted. There's a lot of cool scenes you can get, but they can only happen when you hang out when you're not ready to rank up, so you might never see them for a given character, or only get one or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Honestly surprised Deceitful Penguin picked now to accuse you of being a tryhard and not one of the gimmick updates from the dungeons. Maybe he realized he was running out of chances to get a low-effort potshot in.