Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Always good to see proper, anime notation out in the wild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Using bullshit anime magic to invade the collective unconscious to incite Japanese political revolution is honestly one of the hypest objectives in jrpgs.

Back when I first played this and again when I read this let's play, I really appreciate Persona 5 in that it's really one of the few video games I've played that seemed to intentionally and strongly invoke the zeitgeist of the modern era.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

I'm excited about seeing this last part of the game in LP form to see how much the writing holds up outside of its presentation.

All that being said, I'll always appreciate a jrpg going off the rails for the sake of thematics over a jrpg going off the rails for the sake of convoluted plot jank (barring Wild Arms 5 because that legitimately might be the worst written jrpg I've ver played in my life good lord).

Makoto and Haru are both v. cute in that picture.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Funky Valentine posted:

We're going to get shanked in juvie over a cigarette because Sae can't do her loving job.
There should be a juvie spin off where you play as Maaku trying to make the ranks and everyone calls you "Fish"

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Arist posted:

My apologies. I didn’t mean it like that…

Nah, it’s fine. I hid what I was doing on Christmas from you, after all, because I’m a massive coward who uses my perception of your weakness to rationalize not being emotionally open or honest about my problems.
lol fuego

I really hope the next evolution of the Persona protagonist is to have more visible, specific flaws. I appreciate seeing how much character are in all of Joker's animations, but I would love to see them go further

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Robindaybird posted:

and among other things used a woman's real life death for cheap drama.

...excuse me?

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Yikes man. If that's the moment that provides the thematic premise of the entire game and is treated with a deserving amount of weight (and tact!), that's one thing, but if it's just a single moment and kinda shoehorned in there...

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

I'm glad the P4 trend of wild rear end spinoffs is still in effect. That was probably the biggest charm point of the decade-long Yu Narukami corporate whorefest.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

I wonder if The Royal will go out its way to make that cutscene with Haru in the car actually jive with the rest of the plot.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

lunar detritus posted:

I'm half expecting that the new content will make the game feel even more disjointed.

Now that you mention it, that would be peak Atlus, huh? Maybe give or take some cast changes that don't jive well because of union issues too.

I get that it's not Atlus' fault, but Teddie just getting a worse voice actor in P4 Golden still upsets me to an irregular degree. He's already an unbearable character, he needs all the help he can get :ohdear:

Blue Labrador fucked around with this message at 20:14 on May 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Akechi and Mrs. Akechi's Mom go to iHoP every Sunday. It's cute. Akechi still wears sweater vests, and likes to get the meal with the two sunny side up eggs and the bacon so his breakfast is smiling.