Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gihyou
Feb 19, 2011

Oh God no the ball is gone.

resurgam40 posted:

I know, right!? It was so awesome in every other way, but there is tradition to follow, drat it!

By the way, I personally love that no one in thread has thus far commented on the newest party member. It really is indicative of the up-to-eleven immersion in craziness that after magic castles, torture dungeons, and a pervert in robes beating you up, by the time we get to this point, it's like, "Alright, a talking cat mascot in a cell asking to be let out... Why not."

Well, you know, mascot character and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gihyou
Feb 19, 2011

Along with the bad music and the drudgery of navigating floor after floor of Mementos, the requests and encounters associated with them are not very engaging with few exceptions.

- Mishima tells you about some bad person (or you find out about them some other way, but you rarely meet them before meeting their shadow).
- That bad person's shadow is cartoonishly evil in a very specific way.
- Mini-boss fight.
- Angsty repentance (usually).

Not a lot of variety and the dialogue ends up being interchangeable (characters in your party saying variations on "Don't be bad!" that may as well have been as randomized as the dungeon itself)

I like most things Persona 5 did, but Mementos definitely fell flat for me.

Gihyou
Feb 19, 2011

This is your answer to everything, cat!

Gihyou
Feb 19, 2011

Arist posted:

It’s ‘cause we sell merchandise that can’t take the heat. If it’s too cold for ya, layer up.

All right, I’ll tell you about the shop. It’s a piece of cake for a gun enthusiast like you, right?

Nice of you to squeeze the name of your shop's music track into these two lines, Iwai.

Gihyou
Feb 19, 2011

The art is pretty bad but maybe that's because they put at least 25% of the budget into lovingly detailing the Corona (sorry, Carana) cans.