Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Blademaster_Aio posted:

As you can see, this makes stealing Futaba Sakura's heart difficult because we don't know who she is, don't know what she thinks her palace is, or if she even has a palace.

This kind of surprised me - no one even brought up the idea that Futaba might not even have a palace, despite Ali Baba not telling them what, if anything, she had done wrong. I got the impression palaces were reserved for the worst of the worst who had really let their temptations run away with them, so for everyone to just assume this random girl would have one without questioning it felt a little odd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Strange Forest posted:

Why do I want to see that spinoff?

It rather fits P5's rebel aesthetic. Can't you picture Maaku ripping up some gnarly shreds all over Tokyo?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Deltasquid posted:

Lol it's really weird how Ohya immediately gunned for "I'm here with my underage lover" instead of a more sensible obligation like a cousin or nephew or whatever.

I think she was gunning for an excuse for sneaking around rather than an excuse for why he's there.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Makoto's been my favourite character for a while so far, but Futaba is gaining on her fast.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Wasn't the lack of major governmental response an explicit factor in the political side of the story?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Epicmissingno posted:

I don't know about anyone else, but I got the impression that the Medjed that was threatening #Millenials was just one guy from this line.

Yeah, that's how it seems to me. Presumably one guy that owed a favour to whoever the big cheeses are that are worried about the Phantom Thieves. He's also a reasonable weapon - if there's a connection to whoever the other person running around the metaverse is, they might know the limits of the thieves' powers, and that they can't stop someone anonymous and might just have to give up before discovering the entire hoax was a bluff.

They just didn't count on them having a hacker of their own.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Does Sojiro get mad if you romance Futaba? :allears:

I wonder if he would. He seems like the kind of guy that would pay attention to his surrogate daughter falling in love and supporting her. But he also seems like the kind of guy who would let exactly no one know he feels that way.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

kw0134 posted:

That sushi better have been a swordfish caught that morning or something because goddamn :stare:

Futaba had to regain her energy after a month comatose!

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

rizzen posted:

Aw, going to break Makoto's heart. Rad Motorcycle girl was my choice. : (

If I'd got round to making a submission I'd have based it around Makoto being the only one to actually show an interest in Maaku. Well, her and the journalist.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I don't think anyone else knows the Phantom Thieves need someone's full name, do they? I'd imagine if it does raise a red flag, given why Maaku is here in the first place, they'd be expecting him to attack them or something.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Arist posted:

There's a bit in here where I inject a few lines of my own dialogue into a regular scene, mainly as a test. I underlined those lines as it was not otherwise clear that they were not part of the game. Tell me if that works or if it's too confusing, thanks.

It was certainly clear to me. Underline is an unconventional way of doing it but once you think about what it might mean, it's obvious, especially since the lines you added don't actually match the characters' voices.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

It totally makes sense that Kawakami would see Maaku as more than just a student - he pretty much saved her life. It doesn't have to be romantic for him to be special to her.

Admittedly, it helps that you avoided any dialogue that would have led to the actual romance choice.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

TheDavies posted:

In fairness, this is not necessarily Sojro making an association between the Phantom Thieves and his lodger so much as it's making an association between Futaba, her change of behavior and the Phantom Thieves. And possibly more than that, given his history with Futaba's mother.

He might well believe she's a target. I presume that is the calling card that was addressed to her.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

So, it seems you were looking into a particular company...
I just spent the last hour talking about how we took down their boss!
Did you have a reason to be looking into their affairs?
I told you, we were trying to save his daughter from being married! We went over this!
Was there someone you knew who was connected to Mr. Okumura?
Are you even listening?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Also, Kawakami showing up in the maid outfit is definitely weirder than just saying that you're giving a student private tutoring or something.

Hell, he lives at a cafe. She could just say she was going to get a coffee if she was that worried about people asking questions.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Ibblebibble posted:

Captain Kidd also got screwed over by the authorities so the theme still works I guess.

That's the theme of the whole game, though.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I kind of like Makoto's dance outfit. It doesn't really suit her as a character but it's at least something I can imagine someone actually wearing to a club.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

During the badposting I was thinking about how the whole protag-dates-adults thing would be so much worse if you were playing the adult.
But it got me thinking that, as long as it doesn't try those kind of romances, having the protagonist be a teacher would be pretty fun. Keep the high school setting but now you're an adult teaming up with your colleagues trying to help these kids grow up right and/or save them from paradinensional horrors.

It'd never happen but it's fun to imagine.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Polsy posted:

The dialogue (at least, in this case) is identical so '[go] back to the future' (though, it's Japanese wording whereas the movie was just left as 'Back to the Future' even in Japan) could just as well have been a reference on their side.

So Futaba is all excited about the sci-fi possibilities in the protagonist going back in time and meeting his parents.

:smith:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Also, Sojiro covering for you even if you're cheating on Futaba!

I'd imagine that's less "Sojiro covering for Maaku" and more "Sojiro trying not to break Futaba's heart".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Love Kawakami low-key questioning all the life choices that led to "the teenage student I'm loving is cheating on me".