Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Sojiro is a bit of whiplash after the incredible Good Dad that was Dojima from P4, but so far he's real interesting. The stuff he's said to Maaku and the stuff he's done for Maaku don't quite line up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

What do the letters on their hats mean?

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Whenever Morgana uses his persona Zorro's tiny cape flutters dramatically in the wind and it's so wonderful.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Blastinus posted:

All semantics aside, the role of Junpei, Yosuke, and Ryuji in the narrative is to provide a dense character who needs to have the plot and mechanics explained to him in great detail. That way, the protagonist can seem competent and knowledgeable without the player missing out on any vital info about how the game works. It's an interesting way to simultaneously educate the player without making them feel like they're the ones being looked down on.

Yosuke wasn't actually that dumb. It's easy to miss because the game will not go 10 minutes without telling the player how cool the protagonist is, but Yosuke's actually the one who figures out basically everything murder-related and explains it to the protagonist while he stands there with a dumb look on his blank self-insert face. Yosuke was immature because he's a teenager, and the game constantly makes him the butt of all the jokes, but as far as actually figuring things out and taking initiative he's the driving force behind 90% of the player's actions. He's the actual protagonist.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Carmen is perfect, read a book

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Why does everyone have different brightly colored gloves?

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Maxing all the confidants isn't that rough, it's maxing confidants AND reading all the books AND watching all the movies and etc etc.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Ibblebibble posted:

If P5 Dancing All Night happens I can't wait to hear the remixes of the OST because it's hard to think of a way to make them better.

Persona 5: Dancing Until What Morgana Says Is A Reasonable Hour."

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
The only answer is TFish Poele.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Lucky Punch is, no joke, the best physical skill in the game.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

GeneX posted:

The game really wants you to care about this painting, jeez

Is there literally anything in this game you actually liked or do you intend to complain non-stop for the rest of the LP

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

resurgam40 posted:

Maaku said that they only target criminals, and that may be true so far, but... it is a real slippery slope before them, as shows like Death Note have already shown.

Well, the Phantom Thieves can only change the hearts of people with palaces / distorted desires, they can't just make anyone believe anything.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

PetraCore posted:

Shadows are the hidden self, but they're not the full picture of a person. They're the parts of a person that the person hides. Madarame's shadow had no parental love for Yusuke, but it's very possible that's because that's not an aspect Madarame was hiding. It doesn't excuse Madarame's abuse, but I think it's a factor in why Yusuke isn't able to completely ditch his positive memories of Madarame.

Isn't there some throwaway line in one of the safe rooms that basically says that palaces have safe rooms because even a messed up person's mind has parts that aren't totally distorted? I mean even Kamoshida had some innocent parts of his mind where he just really liked volleyball or whatever, and those parts became the undistorted safe rooms of his palace.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Tora's pretty great. He's experienced enough to immediately see through everyone's attempts at manipulating him, principled enough to refuse, and still diplomatic enough to turn them down in a polite fashion.

Then he teaches you to extort money from ghosts, so he's got all sorts of talents.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
It looks like all your music links are broken.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Arist posted:

Just checked and they seem to be working?

Sorry my bad, NoScript must have been blocking a relevant domain.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

DanielCross posted:

I'm throwing out a random guess that Futaba IS Medjed. My only evidence is that it seems just cliche enough. And would explain Futaba's supreme confidence in being able to stop it.

It's not a bad guess, considering the theme of her Palace and the fact that Medjed is the name of an egyptian deity.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

GuyUpNorth posted:

Should have worded it better I suppose. I remember Tae has license to make her own medicines, but do those extend to live subject testing?

If she calls it combat data, then yes.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Arist posted:

Haha, sorry. I crossed the line there. I’ve always lacked restraint in these situations… See what I did there? I relieved the tension by making fun of myself. Think of it as an advanced technique for winning people over.

Tora is so great. He even turns this into a little speech lesson for you.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

C. Everett Koop posted:

LA Justice.

Good thing no one in our party is black.

Oh no, Morgana!

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Junpei posted:

I found this, it's actually really interesting.

This is really stretching. "Unable to be seen for who they really are" applies to almost every character in the game, good or evil. "Is viewed as a nuisance isn't even remotely true, Goro's super popular with almost everybody. Heck, No-Good Tora fits most of these descriptors.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
The character would have been better if Shadow Teddie had replaced regular Teddie and just become the Darkest Dungeon Narrator.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Oxxidation posted:

i do like what it implies about akechi's own character arc too if the above spoilers bear out

it stands to reason that akechi, who lost his loving mind after realizing that the artificial affection he got from his carefully cultivated image under shido tasted like ash in his mouth compared to his brief contact with joker, would be repulsed by whatever lotus-eater bullshit the party's being fed in this extra arc

My deepest hope is that Akechi living and joining the party is itself a fake dream currently being extended to the Akechi lovers, and it too will be rejected and burned by Joker, who sees things how they really are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Oxxidation posted:

prepare to be disappointed

I post on Something Awful.