Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm rather excited to see what Royal does with all of this, because by nature of the stuff they're adding they're going to have to heavily restructure the end of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Addendum XV: False Closure, Part 1

A long, long time ago, one of you asked me to show what happens when we don’t change a heart by the deadline. Specifically, Kaneshiro’s. I actually went ahead and recorded it back then, but ended up vetoing that idea at the time for fear of spoilers. Might as well now though, right?

We’ve got three days left to change Kaneshiro’s heart. Plenty of time.

Oddly ominous, considering who we’re dealing with.

Kaneshiro’s deadline is almost here. We’re in big trouble if things continue as they are. We know where the Treasure is. All we have to do now is send the calling card. I think we should send it today even. Well?

What are you saying!? Kaneshiro’s deadline is the 9th! We’ll still make it in time if we send the calling card today. Got it? I’ll be waiting after school.

Hey idiot, send the calling card today, you moron.

Can’t think of anything else we need to do.

Psh, you’re imagining things.

The game automatically fast-forwards to the next day.

What is your plan? We don’t have that much time left…

The screen pulses white with each cut.

Even through her drug-induced stupor, she managed to identify one name clearly—yours.

We’d like to speak in more detail about the ramifications of this.

So… that’s dark.

Music: Interrogation Room

*sigh*

In any case, it seems it’d be a waste of time to speak to you any longer. ...It’s unfortunate.

I would like to stress that the preceding scene was double non-canon by being an alternate, false recollection of the game’s events induced by druuuuugs. It did not actually happen in any version of this game’s reality.

That trivial righteousness that you’ve paraded around…? This is how such idiocy ends.

They hide the voice behind a filter but it’s so loving obviously Robbie Daymond it’s funny they even bothered.

Huh? Hey! Someone! He’s dead! He’s killed himself! Dammit! Where did he hide a gun!?

What a truly foolish end…

And we get the choice to warp back a week to fix our idiotic mistakes. Smart design. However, we’re not done yet. Next, we’re going to see one of the “real” alternate endings, one that’s slightly more involved than a glorified game over screen.

Music: Interrogation Room

Your operation was leaked, and you failed to change my heart. There’s no point in being obstinate now. You’ve corrupted the order of this country and caused an uprising against its very existence. You’ll most likely be given life imprisonment or the death penalty. ...Unless you accept my proposal.

Tell me honestly whether or not the following are involved with the Phantom Thieves.

Yep!

You’ve made a wise choice. Thank you. I’ll do my best with what you’ve told me.

What the gently caress, Sae? I did what you wanted, and you just praised me, and then you turn around and twist the knife?

Maaku sits and stews with his awesome decision.

Music: Desire

Why do you seem so surprised?
I needed my director to step in to get access and I was directly responsible for this case. How did you get approval?
For the same reason you did. I am heading up the investigation team, after all. It’s only natural I’d have the right to interrogate our culprit as well, don’t you think?

...That was a joke, of course. I’m merely here to assist with the public security interrogation. I am surprised it’s this far underground though… There aren’t any others incarcerated here, yes? Nobody would ever know if things got a little violent…
If I remember correctly… didn’t you say there was another culprit besides the Phantom Thieves?
That was but a lie I spread to set them up. Oh, I’m sorry! I forgot that I had deceived you too, Sae-san. After all, if you wish to trick your enemies, you must first trick your allies.

Is that so? I’d better perform well myself. I can’t leave here without some kind of evidence now.
…Good luck in there.

Going in unarmed to interrogate a murderer makes me uncomfortable…

That’s right. You and your little friends were vital to our plan. And now, it will be completed.

Music: Betrayer

Huh? Hey! Someone! He’s dead! He’s killed himself! Dammit! Where did he hide a gun!?

And it ends the same way as before.

Music: Aria of the Soul

It appears I have underestimated you.

This line still makes no sense. But it’s Yaldy speaking, so maybe he underestimated how much we suck?

The assistance that we provided was all for naught.

I already died, though.

Music: Freedom and Security

And now the credits roll with the Mementos Depths theme playing instead of the normal credits theme.

So, lesson learned: don’t betray your friends or you’ll get shot in the face.

This is technically a “real” ending, so instead of a rewind they let you save clear data and start the game over.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Addendum XVI: False Closure, Part 2

We’ve officially run out of ways to spend time in this game! No more Confidants, no more training, it’s all hosed! So we’re just going to sleep until the endgame!

Time to go sleep another day awa—oh gently caress my DVD!

Whoops.

Well, poo poo.

This isn’t the first time you’re late, is it? Didn’t I warn you? …… Ugh, There are a bunch of customers in line, and my shift’s already over… …… Since there are extenuating circumstances, I’ll waive the late fee this time. If you miss the due date again, you will need to pay the fee. Please try to return DVDs on time. Don’t count on this again, OK?

They didn’t even write a new excuse, ha. Apparently for whatever reason, the late fees aren’t real in this game. Weird.

We’re going to head into Mementos real quick to do some preparations for a later bit.

We need all the Treasure Demons in the game, which means it’s time to pop a Treasure Trap and go a-hunting! It takes me like an hour and a half to find the two we were missing, but it’s worth it because we can’t complete the Compendium without them.

Meanwhile, in another save file, we’re going to see what happens when we don’t steal Shido’s heart in time. We’ve already cleared the Palace by this point, and fought the boss at the end. Keep that in mind.

Akechi! You’re looking… healthy.

What a surprise… To think you’d pull the wool over my eyes.

That big Phantom Thieves banner over the couch? You got a problem with it, cop?

No. It’s certainly this young man. I have evidence on him.
You used a mysterious power to show an illusion to Goro Akechi, as well as shot and killed a guard.

Oh yeah, “mysterious powers” are totally admissable in court, my dude. Everyone remembers the landmark United States v. Mysterio. Also nobody actually died, right? Sae just told the guard to leave before he got erased. What’s this dude talking about? Are they just pinning random poo poo on me?

You’d better not try anything funny. We’re authorized to shoot if needed this time.

I mostly just included that because Zombkechie is really funny to me, but we’re not done with bad endings just yet.

I shall grant you an opportunity to make a deal with me.

Yet you still intend on toying with him!?
The Phantom Thieves will be praised and gain fame. The world will escape ruin as well. ...What say you?

I dunno, sounds pretty good to me.

*chuckle* You truly are a child of man… It seems you couldn’t win against your own desires. There is no need to be ashamed. I shall grant you that wish… *evil chuckle*

Jesus christ!!!

Several hospital directors admitted their involvement, contrary to earlier statements denying such.

A calling card was delivered, so it is speculated that the Phantom Thieves are at it once again. On to other news. A fire broke out at a condominium, and multiple people were injured. Heinous crimes such as arson and burglary are on the rise. Police caution everyone to be vigilant.

*nod*

The police have officially withdrawn the arrest warrant on the Phantom Thieves… As well as apologized for those who led the investigation, citing they were inadequate for the task. Due to a drastic change in policy, it is speculated that they had a change of heart as well…

There’s no way the Phantom Thieves could be evil…
The actions of the Phantom Thieves show no sign of stopping. Change of heart police reports have already surpassed one hundred cases.
Only a hundred? I thought it would’ve been double that already.
Yeah, I know whatcha mean. We see news on them every day.
Meanwhile, there are reports that the rate of crimes and suicides are declining--

It just means that more cases are being exposed thanks to the Phantom Thieves. Don’t worry. I’m sure they’ll do something about all that.

Music: Freedom and Security

This was by far the most elaborate bad end, which is to say, still not very. But it does have Evil Maaku, so there’s that.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Kyrosiris posted:

So much like actual cat ownership. :v:

https://twitter.com/stluis_htx/status/1153105125831061504

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oxxidation posted:

haven't watched the trailer but the psychotic breakdown/subway massacre thing was always a weird dissonant note in akechi's arc anyway. targeted assassinations of shido's enemies are one thing, but the subway crash was to do...what again, shame the ministry of transportation to benefit his party platform?

Given the way it's covered in the news, that certainly seems to be the case. But also, the game contradicts this reading:

Arist posted:

It was to take out the president of some company and a diplomat who sided with current government.
I see… That was very useful, Mr. Ooe.

So who the gently caress knows

E: the easiest way to reconcile this is that Ooe targeted his people and then Shido opportunistically moved in to blame the Minister of Transport for it

Arist fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jul 26, 2019

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Barring any unforeseen need to go back and recapture footage, I can now announce that I have officially completed recording for this LP.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

*This* LP.

But also, I like how we've all just decided that I'm doing that. I don't get a say in this, nope! :v:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Addendum XVII: Mass Incarceration

I’m going to spend this update filling out the rest of the Inmate Registry. My initial plan was to do this in the final segment of the final dungeon so we could get Lavenza’s dialogue instead of Caroline and Justine’s, but I hosed up and forgot to grab a Treasure Demon, so I had to reload a slightly older save and do it from there. Anyway, we’ve got a lot of Personas to fuse and it’s gonna take forever, so… Lightning Round! No descriptions, just names, go!

I’ve always been unsettled by Satan’s many bountiful teets

All right, we done yet? ...No? poo poo. We cleared all the question marks…

...But that still leaves Advanced Fusions and the capstones for each Arcana, some of which we’ve gotten but others we have not, or require specific Persona combinations. So let’s jump back into it.

Rude.

Shiva is a unique fusion from Barong and Rangda.

Are we done now?

Nope, we just ran out of money! I’m actually kind of glad I had to reload that save because grinding another five hundred thousand yen for this when I don’t have access to the airsoft shop to sell things would have really sucked.

What does it mean about me that Lucifer is a manifestation of my self? Eh, whatever.

Ardha is a unique fusion from Shiva and Parvati.

All right, we can finally fuse the final Persona, Satanael. For some reason his arcana isn’t World, though. Also this is the third time in a row I’ve had to summon Michael for one of these Advanced Fusions. He costs sixty-six thousand yen to summon. These children are eating me out of house and home.

Let’s make this bad boy, then.

And that’s the last trophy I needed.

Every row in my Inmate Registry has been filled with the names of Personas. Our master is very satisfied at the progress you’ve made toward your rehabilitation as well. As such, he has granted permission to lower the price of summoning Personas to the lowest possible.
But don’t think you’ll be getting them for free! The world isn’t that easy! ...Still, I’ll recognize the fruits of your labor. Well done, Inmate.
I’m surprised that you were able to gain this much power. Use that strength to its fullest to aid in your rehabilitation.

We can now summon Personas at 50% base cost. :toot:

One final treat for all of you: What happens when you go into the final boss fight without Mishima’s Confidant maxed out? Well, I just so happen to have some footage I captured like two years ago on my original save file to show it off. Mishima’s still in the animated cutscene that plays when the Qliphoth World comes into existence, but during the final boss…

So instead of Mishima, our loyal compatriot who’s been with us all this time, rallying the masses… it’s this random rear end in a top hat with weird pants.

I love it.

Weirdly Mishima just shows up for the next scene with Sojiro, though. Whatever.

Arist fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jul 31, 2019

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

New PV full o' spoilers: https://youtu.be/n_T9ozWh_dM

Also, someone at Atlus saw Salt Bae:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Addendum XVIII: Almost Christmas

Music: Alleycat

It seems to be an invite to spend time together…
...Is something wrong?

…… Very well. You can turn yourself in tomorrow morning.

But let’s meet up, just the two of us. We can keep it a secret from everyone else. How about dinner somewhere, and then back to your room?

Couples usually spend this time together, don’t they? Is there any way we could meet right now…?

But it’s Christmas Eve. I want to spend it together with you. Do you think we could walk around the city a bit… and then head back to your room?

It said, “You must deepen your love by spending time with your sweetheart.” So… can I see you right now?

Do you want to meet? I don’t want to force it, but…

...but I figured you’d want to do something as a couple. You know, I wouldn’t mind it if we spent the day together…

But let’s do something! Maybe eat and then head back to your place?

This update is going to just be seeing all these Christmas scenes. I have no idea why I decided to do this. If you don’t care about any of this, you should probably just skip the next two updates. Or at least just watch the ones you’re interested in.

We’ll choose Ann first.

I’ll be waiting for you in front of Shibuya Station.

Music: Alright (Elp Version)

Ugh, I really messed up… I thought we’d be able to eat somewhere without a reservation. And this was supposed to be our chance to spend Christmas Eve together…

Go out? Eat dinner together? If we were both adults… get drunk together? I just don’t know.

I won’t be able to see Ann again after tomorrow… We spent a long time talking…

Surprise! You totally weren’t expecting that, now were you?

Music: Confession/Secret

But the whole Shido incident has been on the news every day, right? I’m a little worried… If the police find out about the Phantom Thieves… It’s not that I’m afraid of getting caught. I lie awake at night thinking about what I’d do if I couldn’t see you anymore…

But telling her about it would only cause her to panic…

...What’s wrong?

Hm? For what?

Sorry, I’m really ruining the mood… I think I’m just gonna go home.

No, I’ll be OK.

...Good night.

Even so, this is the only way…

Next up, Makoto.

I’m over in Shibuya now. Let’s meet up in front of the station.

Plus all the couples look so happy together…

This isn’t any different than usual, is it…?

I won’t be able to see Makoto again after tomorrow… We spent a long time talking…

It’s a present for you.

I hope you like it…

If you love it so much, I guess you won’t mind if I eat the receipt?

But my sister has been handling the Shido case. Seems like she’s run into some trouble… Not quite sure on what though… All she’s told me, is that they’re having a hard time getting people to testify against him. I trust my sister, and… I’m sure she’ll do her job well… But, it’s a little scary, not knowing what might happen…

There’s even the possibility that they’ll fabricate a crime and move to arrest you all.

...What’s wrong?

Wh-What do you mean…?

I-I’m sorry for bringing up such a strange topic. On Christmas Eve, no less… I’ll be going now.

...No, I’m fine.

Good night.

You’ve probably noticed that those two scenes were near-identical! Well, we have five more to go!

Next, Hifumi.

Let’s meet in Shibuya. I’ll be waiting in front of the station.

Weaving through crowds of people… It’s as if I have become a knight… I hope that this will make up for my lack of daily exercise…

You’ve been staring at me this entire time. Is there something you’d like to say…?

I won’t be able to see Hifumi again after tomorrow… We spent a long time talking…
Oh dear. I almost forgot something very important…

It’s nothing special, but I wanted you to have it…

I wanted to talk to you about something today…

I’m worried that… something might happen to you… I thought that it was wrong for someone so righteous to get caught… But… *sigh* ...Sorry.

There’s even the possibility that they’ll fabricate a crime and move to arrest you all.

Um…?

Oh… I see…

Sorry, I should mind my own business… I’m going to go.

No, it’s fine.

...I wish you had talked to me about it.

...Good night.

Takemi time.

I’m heading to Shibuya, so let’s meet in front of the station.

I’m surprised we ended up together, considering how many women there are in the world.

I won’t be able to see Takemi again after tomorrow… We spent a long time talking…

...Take it. I know this isn’t like me at all, but…

I thought you died in a prison suicide, but here you are sitting right in front of me. That, of course, is something we should celebrate, you know? But… I know that’s not allowed in this country.

What, loving minors? Oh, you mean the boring kind of celebrating.

Are you sure you’re going to be OK…?

...Hm?

I see…

I’m beat… I’m going to go.

I’ll be fine.

But you invited me, remember?

Good night…

Now for Chihaya.

Let’s meet in front of Shibuya Station.

You were looking at another girl, weren’t you?

gently caress

You’re trying to dodge the question, with all your might! There’s no point in trying to hide it from me.

And that conversation dies, resolution never to be reached.

I won’t be able to see Chihaya again after tomorrow… We spent a long time talking…

Please take this. I hope you like it…

...Just kidding.

...Can I tell you something without you getting angry? Thanks to the Phantom Thieves, this city… or rather, this world… is on a better path. However… in contrast, you are personally facing a very bumpy road ahead… You’re going to be OK, right…?

...What’s wrong?

Sorry this is so sudden… I should go…

I can get home by myself…

Good night…

Now for Ohya. Are you sick of this yet? I am!

Let’s say we meet in Shibuya? I’ll see you near the station.

Maybe we shouldn’t have gone out…

Man, no one’s going for my lines tonight.

I won’t be able to see Ohya again after tomorrow… We spent a long time talking…
Oh yeah…

You’re happy right? Just admit it.

I heard that Shido is divulging everything. It’s like he’s a changed man. Rumor has it that his arrest is imminent. And another rumor I heard is that… The police are gonna make a move to save face. And their target… is the Phantom Thieves. They want to make it known that justice is on their side… I’m kinda worried…

...Hm?

I see… I’m gonna go.

No need.

Good night…

Last up, Kawakami. Can’t even work up the urge to be skeeved out because I’m so tired of transcribing the same poo poo.

OK, let’s meet in Shibuya, near Buchiko.

Like how they’re totally OK with kissing in public while still wearing their uniforms… Wouldn’t it shock you if you saw something like that?

I won’t be able to see Kawakami again after tomorrow… We spent a long time talking…
...Oh yeah!

Here’s your present. Thanks for everything.

I’m happy that I get to spend time with you like this, you know? Given I thought you were dead… But I know that this isn’t normal… Does it bother you that I worry…?

I don’t really understand the logic behind “gotta turn myself in for Kawakami’s/Hifumi’s/Takemi’s/Chihaya’s/Ohya’s sake.” They’re not Phantom Thieves, they’re not the ones at risk here.

Hm? What’s wrong…?

I see… So it is a bother… I think I’ll go…

It’s fine. I wouldn’t want to bother you.

And we’re done with that nightmare of watching the same scene seven times. But another horror show waits just over the horizon. Join us next time… for Valentine’s Day.

Arist fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Aug 8, 2019

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Addendum XIX: Lovesickness

Time for the sequel to my Christmas nightmare, Valentine’s Day!

Music: Break it Down (Elp Version)

How’s it feel to be free? You better come see me… Or I’ll just go to your place tomorrow.

Just kidding. I just wanted to see you. Can I come over tomorrow after work?

I want to talk to you in person, so are you free tomorrow? I can make the trip to meet you somewhere if you want.

I’d like to see you. Do you have any plans for tomorrow evening?

I have so much I want to talk to you about. I’d love to see you…

It’ll be part two of the celebration for your release from prison. Just me and you. There’s something I want to give you too. Is it OK if I come by your place?

I’d like to spend some time with you tomorrow. Is it OK if I stop by Leblanc?

Good night!

Come on, let’s go to bed. You’re working at the shop from tomorrow onward, right?

Don’t you have anything exciting happening? I mean, you’ve been here nearly a whole year. Y’know, when I was young, hoo boy…

Music: Sweet

Here, I’ll leave the store to you. Enjoy yourselves…

This is, to my knowledge, the single acknowledgment of Morgana’s in the entire game to you dating Ann. Which sucks, because I really want to rub it in that little cat face of his.

Isn’t it heavy? I filled it with love.

Um… I don’t wanna go home today.

So, can I sit next to you?
*nod*

You’re going home next month, aren’t you? Does that mean this is gonna be a long-distance relationship?

Really…?

I already waited this long for you to get released… so I guess long-distance is nothing.

I’ll smack you if you say I’m too heavy…

Like the Christmas dates, the Valentine’s dates will all follow the same basic formula. If you only care about some, just scroll through for those. Or again, just skip this one. That works too.

I’ll come around when the store closes. Well, good night.

Sorry to barge in like this…

...Thank you for agreeing to spend this time with me.

I considered making it by hand… Would you have preferred that?

Still… I’m glad we’re able to be here together. I wanted to give my first Valentine’s Day chocolate… directly to you.

...I’ve been studying hard. I’m looking to apply to law school. My dream of becoming a police commissioner remains the same.

That’s a shame.

I know I can do it… especially with your help.

Um, can I sit next to you…?
*nod*

You’re going back next month, right? What will happen… to us?

You know, there was a lot I wanted to say, but none of it matters now that we’re here together. After all that waiting, living in different places doesn’t seem like such a big deal.

I’m not asking too much… am I?

Well, if you insist… I’ll see you tomorrow. Good night.

Oh, no… It’s not like I’m trying to lecture you… The reason I’m here today is…

Through my attempt to make that… I realized… my lack of talent.

I need to devote myself to learning how to do things… other than shogi.

Um… People still call me the Phony Princess. I’m quite the villain now. But to be honest, I like it better than being treated like an idol. It’s really freeing. As long as I have a board and playing pieces… I can go anywhere with shogi… So my goal is to be the best professional shogi player wherever I may be… Do you understand what I’m trying to say?

Um…

Oh… that’s troubling… I would like to sit next to you.

You’re going home next month, yes? Thinking about you leaving, I…

...I apologize for discussing such a heavy topic when we haven’t seen each other for so long… Well, I was able to wait for you until you were discharged, so living apart won’t be difficult… (on the verge of tears) I can’t seem to conceal my true emotions… from you.

Ohhh… You should’ve just told me. Here, I’ll leave the store to you. Enjoy yourselves…

Huh!? What do you know!?

Your stay at the reformatory isn’t something that can be pardoned by an ex-post facto report, you know.

Oh.

By the way, do you know why I stopped by…?

I ordered it from overseas. There’s nothing in it that could harm you.

That’s both reassuring and suspicious!

It’s been a while since the last time we did this.

That new medicine, for that girl I told you about, has been working really well. And it’s all thanks to my little guinea pig.

What do you wanna talk about…?

I see… Can I sit next to you?

Not legally!

So, you’re leaving next month, huh? I think it’d be a bit too far for me to make a house call.

I was never really into younger guys…

Coulda fooled me!

...I won’t take no for an answer.

I look forward to seeing you tomorrow.

Ohhh… You should’ve just told me. Here, I’ll leave the store to you. Enjoy yourselves…

About you being a prisoner, and you being able to return. However, I’m shocked about this, even though I knew about it… Do you know what today is?

It has your lucky color and number.

I had to wait in a really long line to buy it, and a girl stomped on my foot on her way out… But it kind of made me… happy. I’m still telling fortunes, but I’ve cut all ties with the chairman.

I’ve been getting thanked a lot more lately. Even by the people who receive bad fortunes! Sometimes I feel like all my time is consumed with counseling other people about their relationships. But a fortune teller is allowed to be happy too, right?

Um…

...Huh? (sad pause) I’d like to sit next to you…

And I’m a little scared to know the answer… You’re going home next month, correct? Is there anything I can do for you…?

...We have to think this through. I’m here with you.

It’s that I wish this moment would last forever…

See you tomorrow!

...Sorry. Are you busy?

You really do things your own way, huh…? You at least know why I came to see you today, right?

It’s a limited edition that was really expensive. I had to wait in a long line for it, you know.

You don’t seem to understand the concept of a “gift.”

...So apparently, visiting hours are only allowed for people at the fiancee level. So if you hadn’t been released, then I would’ve had to keep that gift for myself.

...Well, I guess you could say that. ...My publisher was going to reassign me to the political department. They said it was because I did such a good job contributing to the sales numbers… I’m gonna return the favor one of these days, all right?

...Hm?

I see… Can I sit next to you?
*nod*

You’re going home next month, right? What should I do…?

Seriously… Oh, I am totally pressuring you-- Sorry about that. Well, after all that’s happened, I’m used to waiting. And… you are still in high school.

You have to remind us, huh?

I’m gonna make sure that you never forget about me…

And last up, Kawakami again.

I look forward to seeing you tomorrow, Master. ♥

You seem weirdly cool with this! Also, on that note, I’m not really in the business of picking up high school students, but I have to assume that if I was, having their legal guardian present for my arrival would kinda kill the mood, let alone having them leave and in the process sanction our forbidden loving tryst.

Would you prefer that I wear my maid outfit?

God no.

I WANT TO DIE

Oh, before I forget…

Shall I serve it to you as a reward?

I legitimately think I’m more upset by Kawakami constantly turning her servile maid thing into full-on fetish roleplay than I am by the teacher-student thing at this point. loving hell, I thought I rescued you from this!

...Welcome back, Master.

Uggggggghhhhhhhh

When I heard from Sakura-san that you turned yourself in, I cried. ...You really are a problem child. Tell me the truth, do you… regret being in a relationship with me?

Did you respond to my question with a question? You get a zero on this quiz.

*nod*

That means we won’t be able to see each other at school anymore…

I’m the adult here, so… It’ll be OK. I’ll think of something. I waited all this time for you to get discharged, so there’s nothing that can deter me now.

And I’m not gonna let you be lazy about it…

And that’s Valentine’s Day! That’s it! The whole thing, nothing else!

...Why are you looking at me like that?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Addendum XX: Heartbeat, Heartbreak

Let’s just be complete assholes about this.

Don’t you have anything exciting happening? I mean, you’ve been here nearly a whole year. Y’know, when I was young, hoo boy…

You alone too?

Music: My Homie

Yeah, don’t remind me.

(to Maaku) Hey, take over for me.

Sojiro moves to leave.

Enjoy.

Here… Let’s sit.

I called Yusuke before headin’ over here, and even he got some! I mean, the dude’s a freak!

And I don’t…? Besides, why isn’t Mishima here too!?

Did he betray us!?

What’re you thinkin’, dude?

Don’t gimme that… Oh, but…

Ryuji places a small chocolate on the table.

Here, you can have it.

Hey, now that I think about it, aren’t our girls kinda cold? I mean, we were on the same team. They shoulda at least got us some kinda teammate chocolate or somethin’… Seriously.

Well yeah, but… don’t exactly got that, now do we…? ...I guess heroes ain’t always popular with the chicks, huh? *sigh* Wonder if I’ll get a girlfriend before I graduate high school…

How pathetic. Well, can’t foresee any problems coming from this!

Hey… Are you going to be OK? My gentlemanly nature is making me worry about you…

Music: Tension

Outside the store, is that…

Ann…

Makoto…

Hifumi…

Takemi…

Chihaya…

Ohya…

Kawakami…

Searching into alternate universes for escape routes… There’s none?! Oh crap.

I came to say hello yesterday… but when I looked in the window, you were with someone else…! ...You dick!

Did you think you’d try and trick this romantically impaired fool?

...Please tell me it’s not true.

Did my little guinea pig forget to turn off his lights last night?

I left work early yesterday to see how you were… and I saw you with someone else. What the heck am I doing…?

It said that you’re seeing someone else…

I’m not very happy about it, though.

Take your time…

:rip: Maaku, dying as he deserved.

Sojiro shakes his head.

“I was having him help out at the store. I didn’t realize it was Valentine’s Day. Don’t worry, he always talks about you. You’re his one and only…” That was enough to get you off the hook for now… But make sure your story matches mine, got it?

In the end, the girls took their chocolates home with them…

You poor, poor idiot.

Now… we’re done. There’s nothing left to show in this game. I’ve fulfilled my dark pact with the universe! What better way to close it out than by taking one last look at the intro movie, which I skipped originally:

Opening

I was gonna do a whole thing where I took screenshots and went through frame-by-frame but I realized this was the only shot that actually mattered, because it’s the only shot with any of these three characters in it. Haru, Makoto, and Futaba are only in this shot. It’s kind of hilarious.

And… the LP’s officially done! You know what that means!

Time to finally clear out my goddamn hard drives! I’m free, motherfuckers! But don’t frown, children, because I’m sure we’ll meet again someday. Until then…

Bust some heads. Arist, signing off.

Arist fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Aug 13, 2019

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Gonna give this LP a once-over to make sure I catch any errors or typos or the like before I submit it for archival. That'll probably take a while, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Sydin posted:

Quality LP Arist :golfclap: I appreciate the dedication to showing off as much of the game as humanly possible, even the weird obscure bits. I think I talked to like 1% of the incidental NPC's in this game and never realized how much unique and changing dialogue they got.

I didn't start out intending to do that (and if you take a look at the earlier instances of me doing it, I didn't even get everyone and had to introduce their arcs later). But once I realized that like, virtually every single recurring NPC in the game has some kind of arc that runs parallel to the game's central narrative, I ended up just grabbing them all because I thought someone might find them interesting. Glad that paid off.

Though, checking the TV every day was a thing I just decided to do for the hell of it. I think someone asked for me to show a specific day's broadcast and I just ran with it from there.