Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I was wondering if this story would wind up being Vento Aureo and the similarities are already pretty striking.

Shame Maaku doesn't shift to having incredibly flamboyant blonde hair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Sojiro is not as terrible as everyone else given he has displayed something akin to care at a couple moments, but he is being rather unpleasant.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Does Stella Glow count? It doesn't have the deadlines that Persona does, but the Social Link thing is there as well as the calendar advancement and free time allocation.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I haven't finished the update yet, but given that he's the first male friend and also pretty slow on the uptake, I'm assuming that Ryuji's Arcana is Magician.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

In the span of about seven updates, Kamoshida has hit on female students, been implied to torture other students with vague cannonball-esque themed abuse, broken a student's leg, and stomped on a (not-)cat.

The main villain of this game must be a casserole of insanity.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

This whole thing is uncomfortably realistic.

I could understand the teachers overlooking it because of school prestige or something, but the parents, too?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Arist posted:

This is a really messed up school.

I'm only at the beginning of the update, but I get the feeling that's going to be the theme of this update.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Well, that was terrible.

Can we not just corner Kamoshida after school and break his legs?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Is this guy in some kind of contest with himself to be even more of an rear end in a top hat every time he shows up? :stonk:

MarquiseMindfang posted:

We all know what his Persona would be. Even the game knows.

Mara?

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 02:36 on May 5, 2017

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'm not really sure what it is that needs elaborating on, but if it's Kamoshida's actions, I think it's pretty safe to say that his mental version of the volleyball team being them in bikinis gets the message across very clearly.

Also, I'm guessing that Ann's motif is a cat burglar? She's got some Long Halloween Catwoman vibes going on with her costume.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 04:49 on May 5, 2017

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

That avatar is horrifying. Why are Igor's eyes always bulging?

Also, Sojiro is secretly a huge softy under all of the threats? That's nice.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

GeneX posted:

I do think that Teddie living with you in P4 would have been horrible though

Yes, that certainly would have been unbearable.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Having finally listened to the battle theme, I now know where all of those "You'll never see it coming" memes originate from.

Also, a team of Power Rangers would be pretty neat.

Though, I am a bit curious now, though, about Persona 6 given that this game already uses a prison cell as the Velvet Room location. Seems like it'd have been more fitting for the next game, which will likely be based on Stone Ocean somewhat.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Why does this school have placenta drinks?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Edogawa would be proud.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Carados posted:

Its quite obvious he's bad he's been a Spider-Man villain for years

Which Arcana is the Peter Parker confidant?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Well that's uncanny.

It really is funny how many of the characters in this look like they're from another series.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

MythosDragon posted:

Wait till she gets knocked down.

So that's what everyone was alluding to earlier. I just thought her attack animations were ridiculous or something.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Arist posted:

Here's what it looks like when Ann is knocked down, for the record:

Well, that is certainly a pose.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

For a second I thought he was talking about, y'know, and I was wondering if I was reading into it too much.

Arist posted:

It’s coming!

And then this happened. :stare:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Really Pants posted:

you should be able to tell at a glans

Well played. :golfclap:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

GeneX posted:

It's a very bad mechanic because you don't always get a chance to shuffle your guys around to find someone to counter the enemy before they gank you.

Getting killed because you started with the wrong dude and the enemy got 2 turns and killed you – before you could do anything – enforces tedium when combined with the lack of autosaving before all battles and the inability of your party members to fight on while you're unconscious.

Reminds me of how Final Fantasy X gives you seven party members, but you get a Game Over when the first three in the party die. I guess the other four just sit on their thumbs.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

There's something beautiful about not only a game developer calling out DSP on being a lovely player, but also the idea of ATLUS trolling someone with their notorious difficulty. :allears:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I thought for sure you were going to let Ann get the final hit.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I couldn't wait for the next update to see how this concluded. :smith:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Clarste posted:

For what it's worth, here's what wikipedia says are the demons associated with the Seven Sins:
  • Lucifer: pride
  • Mammon: greed
  • Asmodeus: lust
  • Leviathan: envy
  • Beelzebub: gluttony
  • Satan: wrath
  • Belphegor: sloth

I remember this from 4 Heroes of Light and the Bravely games.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I can't imagine it's healthy to have a giant tentacle penis erupt from your chest.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Arist posted:

Nothing goes your way in life. Let it get to your head, and you’ll get the rug pulled from under you.

Geez, Sojiro, way to take a poo poo right in my lap.

Well, given that Maaku apparently gets arrested in the upcoming future, he's not wrong. :v:

Speaking of which, I should go back and read the opening update now that I can put a face to some party members.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

DeafNote posted:

I always thought Morgana was just being way too childishly crushing on Ann, and trying to act like a chivalrous knight and stuff.

Same. I think the fact that Ann gets a lot of sexual attention might be tinting our judgment a bit.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

AradoBalanga posted:

Morgana has one thing over Teddie that makes him better: he doesn't have Kappei Yamaguchi's godawful ear-bleeding high-pitched voice. Dear lord, that voice is enough to drive me insane. What makes me even more angry is that when Yamaguchi drops down a couple octaves (see: Usopp from One Piece or Tobia Arronax from the video games that adapt the Crossbone Gundam manga), he's a good voice actor. But then you get roles like Teddie or the equally ear-bleeding performance as Rattrap in Beast Wars' Japanese dub and you want to dive through the screen to strangle Yamaguchi in order to stop the bleeding.

Isn't he also L from Death Note?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

(Borderline offensive Indian accented voice) was pretty funny.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Doesn't seem that way to me. There are a number of shapes in there surrounded by an odd number of spaces that would be hard to fill in with only two colors.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeah, I figured the diagonals counted as adjacent.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Kemix posted:

Sojiro is a BITCH to rank up early on, but hey, who needs to hang out with him when we can just impress him with our MAD COFFEE MAKING SKILLZ, not to mention all the SP items! But I personally like Sojiro more than Dojima really, though why won't be seen for a while.

Is it that he's less aggressive about his coffee?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Not being into ramen, I imagine.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Is there a reason that we keep flashing forward to Sae talking about the Social Links? It just seems distracting.

It's going to be even more jarring if she winds up being a Social Link and she pauses to talk about how a detective must have been onto him this whole time or something.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I went and peeked ahead after the boss fight, but Kamoshida's confession was certainly a thing.

"Hey kids, I've been abusing male students, sexually assaulting female students, caused Shiho to nearly kill herself, and tried to have sex with Ann over there. I'm gonna kill myself after this."

How do you even process someone coming in and saying something like that? I guess just that extreme of a reaction is why Ryuji is reserved about the whole thing, because holy poo poo.

And, again, Kamoshida would have killed himself over this.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Shadow Kamoshida said the real him would die if his Shadow did, so they just got the Shadow to feel guilty instead.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Something I think that went understated so far is how everyone defaults to Ann on what to do with Kamoshida rather than Joker making the decision as leader.

I thought that was nice.

It's also pretty nice how even though Morgana seems to have a childish crush on Ann, he's pretty quick at assuring her she's not at fault for attracting attention from Kamoshida.

Arist posted:

Huh? That’s not it. I think revenge is better served if I make him repent. Realizing what he’s done, he’ll grovel for forgiveness the rest of his life, you know? I just believe there are fates worse than death.

I like her ideology.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jun 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Well the main villain (I'm assuming) did say we belonged in The Day Care.