Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Caroline is such a bully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

AradoBalanga posted:

The character that looks like a dead ringer for Wilson Fisk is up to something shady and possibly evil. I'm mildly shocked by this development.

Maybe this game goes into how he winds up in jail in that upcoming Spider-Man game.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

McFetusBurger posted:

I hope Sae becomes a contract, then it cuts to her and she's like "you must have known someone in the police, someone like me!"

That'd be neat.

She has a sister, too, so it'd be great if she's a Social Link as well.

Really, I'd love it if pretty much every remaining Social Link prompted some nonsensical dialogue from Sae like the last one.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Wow, the new Red Lobster ads are pretty menacing.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Maaku can't be that Phantom Thief guy going around stealing hearts. He's wearing glasses.

How could you wear glasses under a mask? It just doesn't add up!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I wish Morgana helped me on my jobs where I was thrown to the wolves alone on Day 1. :smith:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

If Morgana has the power to turn into cat-related things in the collective unconscious, does that mean he has a vast array of Facebook meme powers?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Mishima, I don't think you're grasping the concept of being covert. :psyduck:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

I feel like a second battle theme that sometimes plays instead of the regular one would have done a lot to break up the monotony.

A surprise second battle theme doesn't sound like a bad idea. You'd never see it coming.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Arist posted:

I can’t wait for the inevitable political discussion that will arise from this update,

Well personally, I

Arist posted:

by which I mean don’t you loving dare start that poo poo in this thread.

:smith:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Well, the people who knew about Kamoshida letting things happen but not doing anything about it fits Sloth/Indolence pretty well.

I wonder if the guy Maaku is taking up public speaking lessons from will replace him later in the game after he's inevitably beaten.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Ann sure has bad luck with guys taking interest in her.

At least this one seems to look more like a potential party member/Confidant than Kamoshida did.

Arist posted:

They lack jobs, security, savings… The next generation will lead us into the future and yet they have no plan for how to arrive there.

Relatable words.

Despite his past, he seems like a pretty cool guy. How on Earth did he manage to keep his position after being caught stealing money, though?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Aren't you tired from posting on SomethingAwful? Let's go to bed already!

PMush Perfect posted:

We're getting close to a really uncomfortable section of the game.

I remember hearing vague details about this, but only just realized the context.

Cyouni posted:

Hmm, Sloth might be a good fit for this guy. Or Envy.

I have a weird feeling as to what 'uncomfortable section of the game' might refer to, and I'm hoping I'm not right.

Both sound like good choices. Doing nothing and getting rewarded for it or being envious because your own art sucks and deciding to steal others while abusing them.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

If it wasn't for the abuse, I'd say this is a fairly minor thing for them to get involved in. Artistically it's dishonest and terrible, but it doesn't seem nearly as heinous as Kamoshida without the "I beat up the kids who don't draw for me" angle.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Chapter 1: A guy uses a threat of power to force a girl into doing activity with her clothes off with him that she's not comfortable with. This is played for drama.

Chapter 2: A guy uses a threat of power to force a girl into doing activity with her clothes off with him that she's not comfortable with. This is played for comedy.

At least it's not Ultra Despair Girls level of cringe.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Sexual implications aside, a guy who you're supposed to sympathize with suddenly turning into a blackmailer is not exactly endearing.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Solitair posted:

I would like to forget that cross-dressing competition or whatever it was from Persona 4. I dunno if it's gross, but it's really unfunny, feels like it takes forever, and stops the story dead in its tracks.

Wasn't that day supposed to be part of a culture festival?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

GeneX posted:

Takemi is fun

Takemi is terrifying.

SITB posted:

The theme isn't that adulthood is bad though, and all the links (and Ryuji's posturing) fit the actual theme.

Yeah, I'd imagine they'd be the Kids Next Door of Hearts if the game was saying adults suck.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

"Strip for him, Ann."

That seems exceptionally callous of an option.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Kay Kessler posted:

Reminder he first fell in love with Ann when he saw Kamoshida's cognition of her, where she was literally nothing but a sex object. And only then because she was wearing cat ears.

Well that explains why Arist was mentioning the crush made him uncomfortable.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

That "I found the real Sayuri and will sell it to you" plan seems like it'd fall apart way too easily, even if someone did believe him. You don't buy a piece of art so that no one will look at it. Eventually people will start talking about how they bought Sayuri copies from Madarame.

Also, it's good to see Yusuke doesn't stay horrible.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The Lone Badger posted:

I bet he can't even remember how much bread he's eaten.

MADARAME! :argh:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I would've thought the "no nude paintings" line would lead to them sticking up for Ann, but it just leads to more 'wacky' dialogue.

Oh well, at least we can put that part of the story behind us and appreciate the fact that Yusuke has a pretty cool finisher wallpaper.

Arist posted:

It is true that mascots tend to have round-ish faces… Huh? Why’re you looking at me like that?

:allears:

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jul 17, 2017

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

To be fair, Selina isn't really a villain in BTAS. At first. More of an anti-heroine with animal rights concerns. It's only later on that she starts getting into crime for the excitement of it.

More on topic, Caroline is great, though I have to wonder why Makoto and Yu get regular Velvet Rooms while Maaku is made their prisoner.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Made me think of that song from the Boondocks, personally.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'm voiced by Steve Blum actually. :colbert:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Arist posted:

...However, it has a dark side to it as well!

Yes! YES! The power of the Sun God has opened your eyes to the truth. Madarame is a pig rolling in a trough of money! By the name of the Sun God shall he be condemned!

I feel like this guy would make a better Phantom Thief than most of our cast. At least when he blurts out information, people just think he's crazy.

Meanwhile, I'm guessing our present party has at least five more instances where someone threatens to call the cops on them because they can't approach situations with delicacy.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Rawkking posted:

After reading this update and the group explaining to Yusuke how to get to a palace using the nav, I went back to an earlier update to confirm a suspicion...

...and yep. The reason we end up missing half of our first day of school and almost get killed by shadows is because Ryuuji was bitching about Kamoshida to Maaku while Maaku's metaverse app got accidentally activated. The access words in particular were "Kamoshida", "Castle", and "Shuijinn"

Getting into trouble for getting angry and shouting stuff is basically Ryuuji 101, so I'm not surprised but I'm very pleased. :allears:

That's the kind of subtle writing I always miss but wind up appreciating when it's pointed out.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

This dungeon got very Super Mario 64 in a hurry.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

GuyUpNorth posted:

Compared to 3 and 4, very much. YMMV on whether figuratively blowing your brains out outdoes posing.

Why not do both?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYjE9SCU6o8

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I feel like the dungeon is beating you over the head that the real Sayuri is his treasure.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

So I guess we're going to be contending with a famous detective at some point.

Maybe a Naoto boss fight? :dance:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Here's a picture I found.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

This guy encompasses so many sins that I guess they just randomly chose one and went with it. Though, I would have expected Pride to be one of the last ones. Weird.

Cooler calling card was pretty amusing. :golfclap:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeah, that made him pretty unlikable quickly.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

VanSandman posted:

I like this re-interpretation of the game.

It's a shame this game probably doesn't have a School Therapist confidant.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

His special attack is painting over Yusuke.

Ouch.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I kind of want to see a full Cake Knight series now.

"It's not who I am, but what I bake that defines me."

"Or perhaps he's wondering why someone would bake a cake before putting it inside of an oven."

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Aug 11, 2017

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Arist posted:

The worst thing about The Cake Knight Rises is that the psychopath is right, pie is awesome and better than cake

So like the actual Dark Knight Rises movie, the third movie in this series must be about how The Baker was right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I would have expected this from Kashiwagi, not her.

This is going to lead to a Confidant, isn't it? I can't imagine what Sae will have to say about it unless the dynamic shifts from "My teacher is a courtesan" in some capacity.