Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

It's both kind of adorable and a little scary seeing how hopelessly naive Makoto is about this whole situation. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I'm glad the game goes into the logical endpoint of Makoto's hopeless naivete because while it is endearing and adorable, it's also incredibly dangerous. Add in the fact that the world just seems to want to constantly rain on her parade, and you can kind of see why she went for the dumbest route of trying to prove herself useful to anyone.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

If anyone's played SMT4 Apocalypse but not this and wants an idea of what Kaneshiro sounds like, he has the exact same voice as Krishna. I played this game first, so going to SMT4A got a little weird for me when I suddenly heard Kaneshiro speaking to me.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

7/7's an arbitrary "hey this is about the 1/3rd mark of the game" date. The date they rolled it back to has an actual, concrete reason for why they chose it.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

There's a reason I went with the red text when I bought this avatar back in April and I think it should be fairly obvious by this point. :allears:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

2B is Kira Buckland, A2 is a separate android who is voiced by Cherami Leigh.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

Captain Makoto, Iron Ryuji

I feel like these two should be reversed. :v:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

It's possible, but definitely not feasible.

https://twitter.com/ChaosArgate/status/860276334047756288

This fucker cost me at least 10 million yen to build, so, uh, make of that what you will in terms of keeping Personas for extremely long term use.

Blademaster_Aio posted:

Speaking of base levels, I'm pretty sure the experience the 'sacrifice' in gallows fusion gives you depends on their base level.

So even if Arsene is level 30 or something, if you use him to strengthen another persona, he gives the same experience he did at level 3. Like 15 or something.

So I think that depends entirely on your base level.

Yeah that Arsene I built can be sacrificed for like 3 exp even as is.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

amigolupus posted:

Would Kawakami's link work better if it removed the blackmail part? Like have her student survive the accident but be hospitalized, so she does this gig to help her student's hospital bill out of guilt. Maybe even have the student's parents try to dissuade her from doing so or something. Though I guess it wouldn't fit given how the game is pretty blunt about it's "gently caress society!" theme.

Yeah that definitely wouldn't jive with the recurring element of people abusing what power they may or may not have.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Kawakami also directly gives Maaku her number after she's outed as Becky for the first time and he bails her out from Ms. Chouno's interrogation. :v:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Junpei posted:

I thought they were referencing Devil Survivor 1?

I mean, Persona 1 came way before Devil Survivor, sooooooooo.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

RedMagus posted:

It feels like a lot of these dungeons were designed around "do part of it, come back later" but your typical gamer is going to want to do as much as they can in one go. Some better level design and more natural "time to pull back" points I think would really alleviate the aggravation the last few palaces present.

This is the intent, but the game's mechanics and design encourage you to blaze through palaces as quickly as possible so you can maximize the time you have for social links or stat building.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

It probably helps that this is 100% optional content? Even if you’re going completionist, you don’t have to pursue any of these routes at all and they’re kind of insignificant in the grand scheme of things, in my opinion. Anyway, this game is already kind of a power fantasy for its target demographic of older teenage boys (game has a CERO C rating in Japan, which is meant for ages 15+), and I kind of see these options as an extension of that power fantasy. I’m not saying its good that you can engage in them in-game and they are wrong, but I could also understand the appeal for someone of that age.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

We’ll let you know how Fire Emblem Three Houses goes in a few months.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Sounds like a variation of like, Xenoblade 1’s passive skill trees? And/or the way Soul Hackers determines what skills Nemissa learns through the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

She’s like 20 I think?