Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Jiro Oda, named after Jirokichi Nakamura (a thief who targeted samurai nobles) and Nobunaga Oda (a warlord who disregarded the norms of his time).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Changing my vote to Giorno Giovanna. Maaku Hamiru is the clear favorite and a good choice, but I just like that better.

Supersonic Shine fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Apr 14, 2017

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Considering Ryuji's mom is the most important person in his life, it does make sense that he'd let a "gently caress" slip out when hearing about a mom saying she should have never had her kid.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I feel like there's some connection between Abdul Alhazred and Egypt, but the best I found was that he visited the ruins of Memphis during his travels.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

Look, if a few dozen murders are enough to get in the way of a good friendship then that’s being very unfair to Haru.
And it's about to be a few dozen more. If you can't wrap your mind around the concept of killing someone multiple times, you're about to get a handy demonstration.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Omobono posted:

I love how Ryuji is so simply happy that they made Smash Bros.
That voice clip was just Max Mittelman's reaction to being told the good news.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Wow gee, thanks guys, glad you managed to work out your own problems after using me as a brass knuckle sandbag. I sure loved that.
Hope you don't mind getting stabbed with a hairpin. Doubline still has a few issues to settle.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
My personal beef with Shido is that he was introduced to me as a Japanese version of Senator Steven Armstrong, but at least Armstrong was funny in just how bonkers he was. Shido's just a miserable cardboard cutout.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I’ve been waiting over a year to point out Maaku is an anagram of Akuma, the Japanese word for devil. Congratulations, goons. Your silly voice actor joke accidentally foreshadowed the biggest and baddest of Joker’s Personas.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
His parents used different characters, but Maaku spelled it this way back when he suffered from eighth grader syndrome.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Gruckles posted:

Hey, transforming into a human thanks to a strong desire to gently caress worked out for Teddie. Not sure there's space for a bishonen to grow inside Morgana though.
I always assumed Morgana's human form would be a little kid, because he's short, he's voiced by a woman, and he can come off as rather immature at times. There's also something in there about him being a manifestation of hope and children being the future.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Go to bed, Arist. YHVH knows you need it.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Geostomp posted:

You mean you didn’t see a game about thieves mowing down hordes of cannon fodder?
tbf, they never really get away with the treasure without breaking the Shadow's nose first.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Watching the Velvet Room duo run roughshod over Maaku makes me wonder if they'll be the Lu Bu equivalent for Persona 5 Scramble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I'm certain the thieves have been stuck in a dream world and that you're going to have to drag them back to their lovely reality a la Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.

"I got an athletic scholarship!"
"My dad is alive and not a sweatshop overseer!"
"gently caress THAT, YOU'RE GOIN' HOME"