Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Haifisch posted:

IIRC, they're just hanging out outside the gate. The time slot is still After School, conveniently enough.

A friend of mine got locked out of Ryuji for at least some portion of this dungeon, so I think there might be some issues with his. I'm not sure how far along they got in the link, so it might just be specific scenes that involve the school?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

It's still super weird to call your teacher down to do your laundry or make curry
even weirder when you're done with your other stuff and just sleep on the counter waiting for it

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Milady is one of my favorite designs and Artrate is...not.
I think most of the evolved personas in this game aren't that hot, honestly. Like the base personas really bring their A-game, you know?

Doing one (1) crossword answer and then going immediately to bed might be the most persona 5 thing in this game

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Prometheus is cool but has to compete with the classic charm of Necronomicon, it doesnt even compare.

The other 2 are just complete downgrades.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Kith posted:

why does it take an entire loving day to play a videogame

it takes all day to do one (1) word on a crossword

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

This escalated quickly

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Haifisch posted:

Welcome to Persona, enjoy your stay.

Im just saying relative to the other personas this still escalated really fast

all nyx did was descend and cause a crazy moon thing to happen and that was with a solid month or two of lead up
fog dude flooded the town with fog and then just took us to a scenic fight above the clouds
izanami just waited patiently for us after the whole fog business blew over

Meanwhile 2 hours after worrying about being arrested & maybe undoing voter apathy

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Kith posted:

I like how everything was relatively normal and then we walked directly into SMT: Strange Journey.

lucifer, in the sea of our soul: yes this is perfect, LOVE what is going on here

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

But Futaba's Shadow was supportive.

all the shadows could be supportive and by the time you reach futaba she's already realized "yeah, duh" and found her spirit again

course at that point it's basically a retread of Futaba's dungeon 7 times, I suppose.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

So I take it none of the fusion animations changed despite Igor being back in charge and Larvenza being one person?

I really liked the original P4 anime. Had a lot of fun stuff in it and I dug the personality they gave Yu. The absolute highlights of the series are Detective Nanako/Summer 2 parter

e: And aiya! she owns and should have been the new character added to golden

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Holy grail's true form looks dumb and i hate it

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Yeah none of this really gels with me. Most of all the music? Our Beginning feels like it's missing something

But Satanael looks pretty dang cool

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

i like how we could have removed the entire holy grail and mementos-into-reality portion and the plot wouldn't really change.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

Isn't that how it always happens.

"Congrats Persona MC! You died?/killed a weird goddess/shot a false God in the face with Satan! Here's The World, you can't do anything with it, bye!"

I'm pretty sure The World is what lets the P3 protagonist use the seal and what lets Yu defeat Izanami

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I enjoyed most of PQ, but I also enjoy a game that gives me a character with aoe instant kills and then lets me use those, constantly, through the entire game. And the subpersona system, was pretty fun. I felt like I could use whoever and yes i DID take Koromaru to the final boss.

The flanderized characters were hit or miss but some of the interactions were still cute. It wasn't unbearable. There are worse one-notes out there, I even dug some of the 2 new OCs' plot.

But then....there is....

The festival dungeon. Which was just a three hit combo of terrible jokes (gay jokes AND women cant cook jokes? persona q, you shouldn't have), terrible level design and terrible FOEs. I really liked the final dungeon, but the Festival dungeon was so bad I almost just dropped it.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Has Akechi even been mentioned at all since Shido's dungeon ended

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

amigolupus posted:

While I know the writing has been consistent that most adults are useless or malicious, there's something about these bits that just rubs me the wrong way. The whole "the youths need to be the ones to change the future now while the adults look on" is ignoring that adults also need to get off their asses and help out if they want the future to change for the better.

i feel like the game keeps flip flopping between the youth are the hope but also just leave it to the adults

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Kemix posted:

From what I’ve been able to find. The scene was completely taken out of context. There is a bunch of posts going around explaining it.

TIME TRAVEL happens at the end with Catherine and Vincent going back to his high school days, before the character in question transitioned and the guy who died as part of the story doesn’t die either. The transitioned character don’t transition in this new timeline and are about as happy as when they did. That’s pretty much the whole thing boiled down. Go and look for it if you want the full context of the scene

Basically: scene taken out of context, shitstorm ensued. Wait for the translation to come out before judging it.

I am pretty sure this is exactly how it was described from the onset, actually.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I've seen someone bring up how Smash Mementos is less mementos and more an excuse to make Persona 5's UI elements into a stage. I mean just look how crazy & vibrant it is.
I can believe it.

Also there's even MORE secrets to Joker's victory screens for no good reason:
-if you win with a P3 or P4 song, the UI changes to Blue or Yelllow respectively
-Also under those same conditions, the victory theme will change to P3/P4's battle end themes
-If you're in a 4 player match, the blue & yellow UI colors are used. And if you're the 4th player it will be green because WHY NOT I GUESS
-Usually Morganna talks during the victory screen but sometimes the other Phantom Thieves will chime in instead! I think Sakurai said they're all new recordings, including the quips on the stage.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I think Sheik, especially the black outfit they use, matches Makoto pretty well

Scarves, hand to hand combatants, similar builds, I'd say even the suit's not that dissimilar

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

You know we're in the hell timeline because Persona 5 gets the remake with all the shiny new bells and whistles instead of Dragon Quest 11.

DQ11's switch port seems to basically be DQ11 Royal. It's adding a bunch of shiny new bells & whistles iirc. Voice acting, new subplots/events, bringing in the 3ds' 2D mode and so on.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I think Thanatos is also the persona Elizabeth uses in Arena

Aegis' personas should have been here too, imo.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Game if you have to acknolwedge, constantly, that we are a minor getting with an adult

maybe

don't let them shrug and go EH WHY NOT

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Wakaba alive
Morgana human
Akechi redeemed

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Arist posted:

*This* LP.

But also, I like how we've all just decided that I'm doing that. I don't get a say in this, nope! :v:

We know a foregone conclusion when we see one

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Ah, Brown-haired Young Man. Truly his importance to the story of Persona 5 cannot be understated.

B-HYM will be the new aeon confidant

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Just imagine all the brand new relationship events that Royal will add :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Sojiro must be quite the smooth talker if he was able to convince 8 women who now all know about each other that Maaku is the only one for them, really!

Thanks for the LP arist, it was quite the experience to behold.