Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Despite being a guy, I am also voiced by Jennifer Hale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Arist posted:

It amuses me that Ryuji is the only one with any objection to the genius plan of “let’s tie the cat to a rope and lower it like it’s loving Looney Tunes.”

Hmm, I would've gone with an Inspector Gadget reference as a more 'Only 90's kids will get this!' comeback.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Arist posted:

Inspector Gadget was before my time

Drakenel posted:

But not before mine. :corsair:

The movie, not the tv show.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Arist posted:

MODS!?!?!?!?

Look man, I never watched the TV show but I remember Inspector Gadget deploying from the ceiling to cut wires so he could steal that bionic foot. I don't know if that happened in the animated show but I know it happened in the live action movie.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Eugh, get out of here with your biting social commentary Banksy.

Drakenel posted:

Both, sadly. :(

That's fine. I just don't want people getting the impression that I was also around during the Salem Witch trials like the rest of you fossils. :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh poo poo, the faith in us is finally starting to rise!

Arist posted:

The final result of Ryuji’s directive can be seen here:

This is absolutely the worst, most terrible, awful joke I will ever make in the entirety of my blighted existence, and you know what? I’m not loving sorry.

C'mon man, just be yourself but less ashamed of it all the time. You're already barely making decisions as a human in the game as is. :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Arist posted:

Eh, I promised myself I'd do that less

but also I legit didn't think I could get away with that joke

It's in the refrigerator, don't worry.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Arist, if you start making puns, that's probably when people are going to start coming after your blood.

Short of that, I think you're gonna be fine.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Night10194 posted:

What is with Japan and maids, jesus christ.

Just for variety's sake, I'd like to see this level of panic over trying to get beer despite being underage.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rogue 7 posted:

Japan doesn't give a poo poo about underage drinking. I can never recall anyone actually asking to see ID when I lived there, and you can just buy all kinds of booze down at the local corner store.

Don't you think the joke would be funnier about them panicking about something that no-one really cares about at a 'bouncer checking suspicious IDs at the door' level like they think?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

This Confidant started out sketchy, but managed to turn into something funny pretty quickly. I wonder who she owes money to.

The HAND. Their reach is long.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

What other confidants take forever to level up besides Sojiro? I'm sure you've mentioned it already but I lose track very quickly.

kw0134 posted:

Does no one notice that our protagonist has a cat who pops out his bag in public? I thought that Morgana kept his head in while talking to you but he's practically climbing over Maaku's shoulder in the middle of a class field trip to a crowded studio. After the poo poo the gang gave him for mewing a little too loudly on the subway too.

It's a cat and it looks fine. It doesn't look abused or anything. What kind of square is going to tattle to a teacher that someone's got a cat in the school?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

AriadneThread posted:

don't trust anyone with the name 'goro' imo

Majima is a good boy

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I just wanna say that Madarame and Kamoshida were really lucky that these idiot teens are the ones who decided to step in when it came to their crimes. If the Spirit of Vengeance got to them first then that'd be it. They'd just be splattered all over the wall of a warehouse.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Arist posted:

I have tried looking into this high-paying part-time job myself. People seem to be talking about it here as well. Supposedly a man will talk to you in broad daylight over on Central Street… And your job is to deliver a small envelope he hands you. Well, I will contact you again if I learn anything more.

(reminder to the audience that Makoto said these guys were behind phishing scams, which this is emphatically not)

I can't believe that Makoto Niijima, the master of stealth, would deliver false information to the party.

Watch it turn out that we've taken down the entirely wrong criminal organization.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Blademaster_Aio posted:

They are doing phishing scams, but this guy we tracked was part of a different scam.

They're the mafia. Their list of crimes probably goes on and on. It is organised crime.

I'm sure this will work out just like the Hand in the Netflix Marvel masterpieces DareDevil and Iron Fist. Where everyone is commiting crimes but extremely disjointed and making little effort to keep in contact. So just like clearing out areas of a map in Infamous, you can also eliminate an entire type of crime.

Basically, I can't wait for the Phantom Thieves to cleanse the Idol industry and also stupify Makoto on how we totally messed up on stopping an organized group stealing people's credit card information.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

(Having this much disdain for A wrist)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Strange Matter posted:

Is Coffee and Curry a thing in Japan, or is that just a quirk of this game?

Japan loves 4 things. Curry, Boss Coffee, Georgia Coffee and Tommy Lee Jones.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

For all the things that P5 does right, positive portrayal of homosexuality is still something they have a long way to go for.

And it's especially bizarre considering how well Persona 2 handled that kind of thing.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wow I just noticed we went from Yosuke to Yusuke.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

Even Kashiwagi. For all her problems she's actually a surprisingly good teacher. I mean she actually teaches more relevant stuff than Edogawa in P3.

P5 probably has the least 'girls are mean to boys because they are perverts' scenes, surprisingly enough. I mean, Ann, but that slowly gets less and less and goes away by the last part of the game.

And to be fair, she is a model. Boys fumble enough just talking to normal girls. :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Arist posted:

Come on, you all look so tense. I think I’ll call it… “Debauchery of Minors at a Club.” So, can I send this to your school?
That’s--
Oh, drat, I got booze and cigs in the shot! Maybe some drugs too?

I feed on dumbshits like you. …Understand, pretty little student council president? Now listen up. Run your mouth to the police, and I’ll break all of you, starting with your families. I want to give you the usual month, but well, you have such a large group here… Three weeks. Bring three million yen by then. No less. Summer bonuses are around the corner, you know? It’ll be easy if you beg your mommies and daddies.

Oh man, the guy we’re targeting for his history of blackmail is blackmailing us! Who could have possibly predicted this?

Oh my god, Kaneshiro is so powerful. If only we also wielded this strange rectangular sorcery that allows one to capture moments and freeze them in time. Perhaps we could then counter his wizardry with an account of the events from our perspective, with some goon holding the Student Council President hostage face-down against the floor in frame and him doing nothing to stop it.

Unfortunately, we cannot compete with Kaneshiro's genius-level intellect.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Blademaster_Aio posted:

But they have guns? I mean, bad idea provoking them further.

Honestly, never noticed a gun in the picture at all. Even looking for it, I still can't find it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Sae is almost certainly stressed to the breaking point by her job, but her outburst basically comes out of nowhere. They could have at least had Sae brushing Makoto off once or twice in that scene before finally snapping because Makoto won't stop talking about the Phantom Thieves.

It would've been nice if we got scenes of Makoto expressing worry about her big sister and also scenes of how her job goes. Because as it stands I'm imagining this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CuqDQ7B93I

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Arist posted:

We know how to get in now. Our objective’s been accomplished!
But how are we getting out?
There’s only one exit, right?
‘Sup, Miss Post-Apocalyptic Raider.
Do you want to get smacked? I’m going on ahead, so follow me!

Yo, what's up with using the text picture here?

Arist posted:

Out in Shibuya, we spot a wild cop.

I don't trust 'im.

No one walking around carrying a suitcase with an Anarky logo on it is on the level. :colbert:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Arist posted:

I miscopied something from my big document with all the portraits I reuse, that's what's up.

Pfft, yeah, like I'm gonna believe that you made a mistake. How dumb do you think I am?

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

It's clearly an Avengers logo. He's the biggest nerd.

No, Ann is.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Blademaster_Aio posted:

Arsene isn't actually special. He's cool and has a cool cutscene, but that's it.

The same could be said about all initial MC Personas.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RedMagus posted:

The only romance we should pursue is the love of room decorations Tora.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm glad that Arist is now free of the LP to pursue his true passion of 100% completion in all the spinoff Dynasty Warriors games. Lucky for him that his little brother is breaking the game over his tiny knees and also a wiz at creating LPs.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Arist posted:

pirate warriors 3 is really good

In this age of 4K televisions and laptops the size of ottomans, I know it's not the most beautiful thing to look at, but Hyrule Warriors on the 3DS isn't that bad either, honestly.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

As I started scrolling down, I thought some portraits of the same character had different speeds compared to other ones and I was starting to get scared, because Ari's LP power was becoming too great.

Also, Spongebob, Spider-Man, Grimace but no Venom or Gwenpool or anything? The hell is this kid?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm so mad that this child is so much better at photo manipulation than I am. Adding pictures on top of other ones and making some rotate- how the gently caress

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It took us 63 parts to get here but now we can finally, finally see

that Ann's sitting posture is goddamn atrocious. Lean back in your loving chair! You're gonna have a spine like Miura's in two years if you don't knock that poo poo off while you still can!

Also, poor Kawakami. I can see why she can't stop doing this bizarre job now. :(

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Stroth posted:

Really? You're just going to completely ignore the fact that there's been a dude sitting right behind Maaku all this time? Where he can see him talking with Morgana and reading all his #Millenials texts every day? That man is the true hero of this game.

Rangpur posted:

The real star of free time periods in class is the student sitting behind you, with the clear view of a known troublemaker mass producing lockpicks & and smoke grenades. Yet does he snitch? No. Dude's legit.

He knows better than to open his mouth because there're only six classes and thus, six people who could know his secret. If anyone starts whispering about his in class crimes, he could easily trace it back to them and completely destroy them. None of them fight demons for days on end, he could easily jab their eyes out or give em' the ol' heart tap or whatever terrifying act of violence they spread about him without even trying.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Makoto would pull that dude over the counter by his collar and ask the gently caress's up with this gun he wanted to make some teenager's problem.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

This conversation about Yu-Gi-Oh! and DIO reminds me that there is a Yu-Gi-Oh! GX villain voiced by Koyasu whose signature card is The World.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLOsSI8OhNo

Jesus, he even keeps screaming about Fate the whole time.

Arist posted:

Part 65: 7/7-7/8: Flower Power

I can sense a quiet resolve from Makoto...

I feel like my bond with Ohya is growing deeper...

I feel like my Charm has increased...

My deal with Ohya seems to be progressing smoothly...

Holy moly, Maaku is such a huge dork. I wish he got to say full sentences more often.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Really Pants posted:

Perhaps THIS will jog your memory! *holds up rabbit's foot*

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Arist posted:

I was actually aware of the fact that the glasses were cosmetic, it's just funnier to pretend they're not.

Well I sure wasn't.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

I knew something between "gently caress" and "all" about ancient Egyptian mythology, so Yuuske's weird little interlude was actually educational for me!

At least I assume it was educational and not some bored Japanese programmer pulling something out of their rear end.

Ding ding ding, ding ding ding ding! Got it in one!

And that programmer's name... Was Hideo Kojima.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I've only got suspicions. Like that Akechi is either going to join us or be a Confidant later. He has a unique portrait and everything so he has to end up being more relevant than a hello after we get off the train sooner or later!