Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Geostomp posted:

Most of these I get, but why is Makoto Shiek? Beyond being female martial artists, I don't really see much connection.

Yeah, it's because of a dearth of female brawlers. The outliers being Wii-Fit, Zero Suit Samus and Peach but the first doesnt look right and the other two use unconventional weapons even for the Phantom Thieves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Geostomp posted:

Haru could probably pull off Peach as well as she does Villager. Peach even fits the gardening theme with her turnips and, if you stretch it, Toad, but this is a topic that will lead to no end of arguing if followed.

Oh yeah, but I'm just talking about for Makoto. Either you're using the ones previously mentioned or like, Lucina, girl Robin or Corrin, which also don't also fit too well.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Having mentioned the lack of hand to hand female fighters in Smash, I hope to see one of the new DLC fighters being Jade from DQ11. Just think, martial arts, claws or a naginata! Not a sword to be seen!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Arist posted:

KILLLLLLLLL MEEEEEEEEEEE

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

You know we're in the hell timeline because Persona 5 gets the remake with all the shiny new bells and whistles instead of Dragon Quest 11.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

rannum posted:

DQ11's switch port seems to basically be DQ11 Royal. It's adding a bunch of shiny new bells & whistles iirc. Voice acting, new subplots/events, bringing in the 3ds' 2D mode and so on.

Oh neat. I'll just hope that in some years that stuff comes to the PS4 too because I can't really afford to buy a switch atm. Plus, I don't wanna rebuy the game and don't have enough stuff I wanna play to justify getting it anyway. :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sydin posted:

It also helps that you can get something in NG+ that seems specifically tailored to help with fighting the twins. That's all I'll say with respect to spoilers for now.

Is it some way of spawning five sick Reapers in a single battle?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ItBreathes posted:

I mean, she's spent months feeding you untested drugs searching for a cure to a condition you don't have. It's still real skeevy, but not giving a gently caress is within character for Takemi at least.

No, working as a maid lady not cool doctor lady.

Also, love to make cool female characters and then totally gently caress that up by having them be willing to date a minot rather than y'know circle back around in that in a decade or something.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

All I'm saying is can we maybe keep our teenage power fantasies limited to being able to fight a kaiju or giant robot naturally, or perhaps single-handedly hold up a mansion so your friends can save the children inside?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Arist posted:

I was going to make a joke about letting us romance Sae, you cowards, but uhhhhhhhh we've had enough of that talk right now.

Also Sae is the worst.

The one sin the cop manages to avoid.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

GeneX posted:

Sae expresses zero romantic interest in anyone, and wearing pants does not have the slightest bit to do with someone's sexuality, you weirdos

like, what the hell, people

Well, you know how it is. When there's little media featuring people like you, you've gotta make it up or interpret things differently. Remember how people thought Kanji was gay- or maybe bi?- for like, years? And really, who's gonna come to your house force you to stop? Couple other examples I remember was 'Samus is Trans' and Tracer and Widowmaker before it turned out the former did have a girlfriend that they took a year and a half to mention. I can't think of any other ones besides those right now.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Stop taking the coward's path and give the mc siblings.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

(Premise), but in high school. The idea that will never die. :argh:

That and (Premise), but with a harem and nice guy protagonist.

I'm sad that Tiny Toon Adventures didn't get to have a sequel like that.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Haru defeats the Phantom Thieves, calls it a 'Fine attempt' and snaps her fingers, wiping out everyone's memories and starting a new round with a new Wildcard and Fool to play with this time.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Man, I thought the twins were bad but with how far you're going now, you're absolutely going to get an immediate bad end if anyone finds out how many people you're dating behind their backs.

resurgam40 posted:

The daily ife scenes in this are usually pretty good, yes, but can I just say how annoyed I am at the trope of somebody you know asking "what you're doing here," in a public place of business, just because it's not usually where they see each other. "What are you doing here"- it's an electronics store, Chihaya, and a fairly popular one too; what do you think Maaku is doing here? Jumping rope?

Seems accurate for someone you weren't expecting to see and also curiosity.

'Salutations, I did not anticipate encountering you at this place of business. What is your reason for being here today?'
'I am looking for a new computer monitor.'
'Understandable, have a nice day.'

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jun 17, 2019

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Haru, Tae, and Chihaya are gonna team up to find a way to kill Joker and steal his ability to have multiple Personas so she can take over as leader.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

Why does everyone want to gently caress sae anyway

is it the eyeshadow

I guess people just like mean older sisters.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Geostomp posted:

I just want to see how Makoto’s new fused persona will work since Anat was just Johanna in robot mode.

Now she's a helicopter!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

The thread is your own personal Morgana. Only instead of telling you to sleep at a reasonable hour, it's telling you to play increasingly longer RPGs.

Looking forward to Arist's LP of Lost Odyssey.