Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Maaku Hamiru, you are Joker after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
This was a bit of a jump from the last Persona. Instead of moving because parents had business to work on, your parents kick you out for trying to do a good thing. Sojiro don't give a poo poo about you being screwed over either. This isn't as a cheerful start as before.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
I'm enjoying how each party member 's persona is based on a fictional rogue this time.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
I like the ever continuing hints that Sojiro isn't as big of a hardass as he acts. If you claim Morgana was abandoned, he kind of shuts up as a sorry before continuing the shared script.

Doc Morbid posted:

So uh, those "Battle" and "Urgent" tabs on there when you're making infiltration items? I somehow managed to do almost two entire playthroughs of this game without noticing you could change tabs on that screen, and only found out when someone in the main thread over at Games mentioned you could do that. :eng99:

Wait, there's WHAT?

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Morgana, I will do what I want. Stop telling me I don't like crepes or that I should go to bed it's my life AUUUUUGH.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Same thing here about what everyone else said about laundry time, it at least has the chance of being better than Untouchable's stuff at a fraction of the cost once you get the time for it.

Also, 25% alert level? What kind of phantom thief are you getting spotted?

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
You get a unique conversation if you try to sell the medal to the secondhand place near LeBlanc. Just ends up hinting you towards Untouhable but it was my first guess on where to pawn our legally earned medal.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
#millenials :bandwagon:

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm

W.T. Fits posted:

I can't remember who it was, but I remember someone once making the comment that he looked "like Wilson Fisk did the fusion dance with a runny egg."

Arist posted:

Oh my god, what the gently caress am I looking at? It’s like Wilson Fisk did a fusion dance with a runny egg.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm

ApeHawk posted:

"The fact that you are still alive, this means that you had oxygen to breath. How did you manage that?? Which tree supplied you with air?!? TELL ME!"

Don't you DARE sell out Charley.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Hell yes the CATBUS. For some reason Atlus thought people would buy DLC skins for the bus. In this place you want to spend as little time as you can to maximize social links confidants.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
The real traitor was the friend we made along the way.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
I knew we couldn't trust Light Yagami.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Haru is a sweet cinnamon bun that would break you if you did something stupid like date someone else.

Also, think you meant to say Astarte blocked Psy, not Nuke.

edit: hey the update was last page

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm

Sydin posted:

I will chime in that I really dislike the second awakening personas, all of them feel like a step down design-wise from the initial ones. The thematic progression from folk-lore figure to god is kind of cool and mirrors the progression of the Phantom Thieves themselves, at least up until Okumura, but the designs are poo poo.

Robindaybird posted:

It does feel like the awakened persona except for Prometheus and Seiten Taisei dilute the theme. but yeah, Yusuke is just badly placed and not allowed to really do much, while Ann is more a collection of tropes.

Here's what I would've pick if I were designing the game

I won't argue about designs but the theme the awoken persona share are each one rebelled against god/heaven/etc in some way. Off the top of my head,

Sun Wukong got offended by heaven so he stole some of their artifacts and beat the poo poo out of their army.

Hecate sided with Zeus in overthrowing her fellow titans.

Prometheus stole fire from Zeus and gave it to humanity.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
If you sent Ryuji or Makoto to cut the cables, would they fail since they use blunt weapons?

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm

Supersonic Shine posted:

I’ve been waiting over a year to point out Maaku is an anagram of Akuma, the Japanese word for devil. Congratulations, goons. Your silly voice actor joke accidentally foreshadowed the biggest and baddest of Joker’s Personas.

An accident? Me using Mr. Satan's first name wasn't an accident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
200 updates to finish this crazy game, thanks for all the work Arist.