Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Sydin posted:

I'd be very surprised if it was a Female Protagonist option, considering the sheer amount of dialogue and scenes that would need to be completely altered. At that point you might as well just start on P6 and have a female protag from the start.

I think her design's too generic to not be an MC, but maybe she'll star in a shorter mini-story like the Answer from Persona 3 FES.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

GhostStalker posted:

She’s def not the female equivalent of Maaku, since the pin on the collar of her Shujin uniform in the trailer shows that she’s a first year, and Maaku was a 2nd year.

I doubt they’d rewrite all of the school and class sections to make that change just for a FeMC (they’d have to change Kawakami as your homeroom teacher and possibly the others, plus Ann wouldn’t be in your class as she’s also a second year, among other things, and Ryuji isn’t in your grade anymore either). Way too much work there for that.

Yea, that's exactly why I said she might star in a mini-story, as opposed to replacing Joker.

I still think having her be another Marie is unlikely because her design is boring as gently caress and gives you no hints to her personality.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Arist posted:

Kaguya is a divine, celestial being from a people who lived on the moon. She was found inside a bamboo shoot, and became renowned for her beauty, rejecting all who proposed to her.

It's actually of some interest to literary scholars that Kaguya is not described as divine or godly in any way. While she's certainly celestial, being literally from the sky, the moon people are treated as if they're simply from some advanced otherworldly culture, rather than being gods descended to Earth. For this reason, the tale of Princess Kaguya is sometimes considered one of the earliest science fiction stories. In pop culture she tends to be associated with rocketships and space aliens more than mythology proper, which is probably why her design looks a little like a spacesuit here.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 05:22 on May 13, 2019

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Someday anime scientists will figure out to not give their artificial lifeforms traumatic backstories.

The anime robots need the trauma to manifest their psychic persona powers though. Otherwise they'd just be boring useless robots with normal personalities.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Alex0080 posted:

Japan leans heavily on the idea that anything associated with "up" is Divine, for example in Dragon Quest, Priests generally get wind and lightning magic. So maybe they used some wording meaning "from above" or "from the heavens" and they just translated that as Divine. Just a guess though.

I mean, that's the same thing as English words like "the heavens" or "the celestial host." Heaven just means "sky" after all. And gods throwing lightning from the heavens is an extremely Western concept, with like Zeus and Thor. Dragon Quest itself is extremely based on Western fantasy ideas derived from D&D: even the concept of the combat clerics and the church would seem a little exotic and foreign to a Japanese player, at least way back in the 80s.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 01:02 on May 16, 2019