Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Really there are no bad party members in the game. Morgana's good but not as good as some other party members.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

DeafNote posted:

well we arent using p4 recruiting rules, since I dont think Kamoshida is joining our party

Oh my god could you imagine.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Montegoraon posted:

I'm pretty sure they'll still beg when there's multiple shadows remaining. It's just really rare.

I've seen this happen as well.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

ChaosArgate posted:

I must be the odd one out because I've never gotten a Lucky Punch crit. :shrug:

Same it almost never worked for me.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

ApplesandOranges posted:

Yeah for many people, this is Sae's 'Yusuke blackmailing Ann' moment, the part which just sours their view of the character completely.

This happened to me. I had a family member who would blow up on me like she did, so no matter what Sae would do for the rest of the game I was completely poisoned against her.

Like for the rest of the game I always took the most antagonistic dialogue choices I could against her.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Best girl and best party member get the the best Awakening. From this point on Makoto almost never left my Party.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Arist posted:

This game is dumb

And I love it all the same.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

rip op

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

I think my favorite part of Mishima's S-Link, is that it doesn't matter what you say to him, the rank will still go up.

So you can dunk on him all you want with zero consequences.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Arist posted:

Also, I just recorded the Palace visit because I was bored and gently caress, I hate that place. I spend like an hour and a half in a single area comprised of nothing but hallways, it's real bad.

Hey at least the music is :rock:

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Oh yeah this is easily my favorite Palace I think he game, and the music plays a large part why.

Also the idea that after 80 or so hours we've finally come full circle to the games intro. This is when the game grabs you and doesn't let go until the end.

Especially after having to trudge through Okumara's palace.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

One thing that I would like to say in a Persona 5 re-release is to introduce Haru much easier. And I think introducing her vegetable garden earlier would be the best wasy to do that.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Grouchio posted:

Alright so who won the Maakubowl?

Haru

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Persona 5 is by far the most forgiving when it comes to completing all of the social links.

I finished my last one with like two weeks of time left before the endgame.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

I remember my first time playing through P3 I was on the last day and I had to choose between finishing Mitsuru's or Aigis' social link as I was on 9 for both.

That was an agonizing decision but in the end I chose Mitsuru.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Mishima is one of my favorite confidants because you don't need any points to rank him up. So you can just dunk on him non-stop and it doesn't hurt your progress

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Nah.

fucking love Fiona Apple fucked around with this message at 13:46 on May 28, 2019

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Can we all just appreciate Haru and Yusukes dancing tights?

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

I think Atlus knows that people like solo challenge runs and are just accommodating that.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Well rip LP it was fun while it lasted.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

We have to steal Atlus' heart!

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Do not engage Lu Bu Atlus.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

For all of you complaining about how obivous it was that Akechi is the traitor just wait...

The ride isn't over just yet.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Also Akechi is the only one who has an eye covered on the box art.

As you can see, Akechi's left eye is covered while every other party member has both eyes out.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Also they are teenagers, of course they are going to bond over wanting to die.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

I love this part.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Rejecting Haru was the hardest thing I ever did :(.

She deserves to be happy!

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

W.T. Fits posted:

When I originally started playing, I had intended to romance Haru because I liked what little I'd seen of her in the previews before the game came out (I especially dig her musketeer getup), but once I actually started playing, I ended up going with Makoto simply because of how much sooner she was available in game and also because I found her interactions both before and after joining the group to be endearing.

So when I had to tell Haru that I just wanted to be friends when she was very clearly crushing hard on the protagonist, I felt twice as lovely. :(

I went in with the intention to romance Makoto and I did, but I ended up liking Haru a lot. When I had to reject her I felt so bad.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Shido is the best boss fight in the game and one of the best in the entire series and I will fight anyone who disagrees. :colbert:

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Yea it can't understated just how loving cool this boss fight is. It has everything going for it.The music kicks rear end and Shido has 5 loving Phases!! Like holy poo poo it's th best part of the game in my opinion. This is peak Persona 5.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

GhostStalker posted:

A RIVER IN A DRY LAND

THE LAST ACE IN A LOST HAND

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Also the boss of Persona 3 was really pathetically easy. If you don't grind, Shido can be really difficult.

However because it's such a cool boss and the music is so sick, I wish the fight was even longer.

MarquiseMindfang posted:

The week after this game came out my boyfriend was absolutely sick of me belting out Rivers in the Desert in the car.

fucking love Fiona Apple fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Dec 5, 2018

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Lol I thought that was going to be the song by Eminem. This is fine too.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

This is a good LP of a good game don't worry about it.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

FAT BATMAN posted:

Hello y’all! I happen to have a friend who worked on Persona 5!
Specifically, (in addition to some other stuff) they were in charge of localizing all the parts where you read internet posts and comments! Since a lot of the Japanese stuff was 2ch.net-type references and memes and mannerisms that wouldn’t make much sense, they had their work cut out for them coming up with lines that would be appropriate for an English-speaking audience more familiar with the English-speaking side of the internet. They were curious what y’all thought of that part of the game!

Que es Fantom Thief?

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

I mean there is no exclusivity contract between Sony and Atlus or anything. They can do whatever they want with Persona (including putting it on Switch oh God please :pray:).

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Persona 5 is great! It can also be bad at times.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Arist posted:

I can't believe I have to do a full LP of World of Light with Joker now

RIP me

You only have yourself to blame.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

It's the authors AU. They can make any character any sexual orientation they want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Malah posted:

Here lies Ryuji, he never scored

:emptyquote: