Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I literally got a PS4 just for this game and have already spent 9 hours in a day playing.

holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

All this buildup makes the end of this plotline feel so good.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

mauman posted:

Pretty much. It's an ok design.

What's really weird about this game is how much I like the basic personas vs the upgraded ones. The upgraded ones are just not as cool.

I just upgraded Ryuji's persona in my playthrough and I already miss Captain Kidd so much :(

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

It took me about 50 hours to notice those and I haven't actually made anything from them yet.

Also Layer Cake is a great little ditty.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

vdate posted:

So, uh, is every single one of our social links either gonna be one of our fellow Persona-wielders or shady as gently caress? 'cuz that doctor is something special, and while I joke about Sojiro being a retired Daisuke Jigen, he's really starting to sound like he's actually a retired criminal of some kind.

e: Also, Haifisch, that is a magnificently disturbing avatar.

Sorry if this is getting too spoilery, but I think the game does a really good job of showing how each of the social links is an outcast from society or misfit in some way and I love how that just ties into the overall theme of the game.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

It's a bit of an Asian skincare thing. They advertise goat placenta cream and pills back home in Malaysia a lot.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I did so as well. I'm just glad that you keep gear in NG+ so I don't have to worry about SP troubles again.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The latter. It's usually good to finish as soon as possible to max out hanging-out time with best bro Ryuji and best sis Ann.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I got one fusion accident in my 90 hours of my first playthrough and it was when I wanted a specific persona for a group fusion. :argh:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

This bit was such a slog and it felt so good one-shotting it in NG+.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Unlucky insta-kill have given me much grief in one of the later palaces.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

If P5 Dancing All Night happens I can't wait to hear the remixes of the OST because it's hard to think of a way to make them better.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Millenials for sure. Also Swear on my Bones is a top track from the game and I recommend everyone listen to it.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Bernie Sunders is the best and I hope we can do more with him in the inevitable P5 remake.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Solitair posted:

I would like to forget that cross-dressing competition or whatever it was from Persona 4. I dunno if it's gross, but it's really unfunny, feels like it takes forever, and stops the story dead in its tracks.

I'm glad that I've only seen the P4 anime because I thought it was a relatively funny part of that.

I was also weirded out a bit by Yusuke in this bit but it does lead on to what I find is one of the funniest bits of the game.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Okonomiyaki is pretty great, my mum makes it occasionally. She's not Japanese though so I have no idea how it compares to the more normal stuff. :v:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Ibblebibble: Attempt #1
Haru because she has the best m'lady hat tip for her AOA portrait.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

In-game had the cool screen shatter animation, anime version just felt a bit lame compared to it.

Can't complain about the rest of the anime though.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Y'know, seeing the drunken guy makes me wonder how Japanese text portrays drunkenness. Do they somehow slur it like English? Show in the wrong words for stuff?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Omobono posted:

Sojiro "Daisuke Jigen" Sakura will simply was nostalgic about the good old days and then offer to teach us how to shoot a gun and hide the corpses. Like, say, Akechi's.

Clearly Sojiro will be the next to join and his Persona will be Daisuke to go along with Goemon and Arsene.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

RickVoid posted:

I'd 100% be down for a Lupin III/Persona cross over.

Sojiro looks like Daisuke and Fujiko's been covertly referenced. Goemon and Arsene Lupin are personas.

Should've named Akechi Zenigata instead >:(

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

If anyone wants to watch Mishima get owned even more, the latest episode of the anime has his meetup with the reporter lady in full detail.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Captain Kidd also got screwed over by the authorities so the theme still works I guess.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Some stuff about Anat: she had a bow that was made in her name that was gifted to a kid. When he came to age, she asked to buy it back, but the kid's dad told her to sod off and asked why a woman would need a bow. Considering that she was a war goddess, this was a bad idea. She sent an attendant to retrieve the bow and bloody up the young man, but accidentally kills him instead. This makes the attendant run away and cast the bow into the sea. She's mad, land's cursed, fin.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Sordas Volantyr posted:

If this game is like Persona 4, taking care of that Palace is gonna skip all of the remaining game-time to go into whatever denouement this game has, so breaking an entire game's worth of strategy and saving the Palace for the last possible moment is necessary to have all of the game-time available.

Granted, modern Personas get more and more lenient with max-ranking runs time-wise as you go, so I'd assume there isn't a demand to use every single day and don't you dare let a single one go to waste.

There's no skipping ahead in P5, thankfully. Do the palaces whenever you want.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Please do not disparage Yusuke's galaxy tights.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I'm thinking all the talk about high rollers usually having someone else do the dirty work is a big metaphor for the fall guys and scapegoats :smith:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

It's been a while since I've played the game. Were the names garbled out in the game as well or is this Arist?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Ryuji's "We got 'em" felt so drat good to hear in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Finally, the truth unveiled.

I think I did this sequence at about 3am and very sleep deprived, which meant keeping up sure was fun.