Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Hell yeah I can and the first thing I'd criticize is putting internet strangers before your real life. This thread isn't going anywhere lol

It was the last part of the quoted section that was tryhard btw because you're threating an anime

The other gimmicks were less like the rest of the clown show here
Some heavy weirdo projection going on as per usual, but this is especially weird considering what I've talked about here ya idiot

Especially seeing as I talked about the issues feminists I. Japan deal with: the stigma, paedophile culture and other wonderful poo poo like that while you retards go on about anime representation lol

Wat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Req.Martyr posted:

Ah pretty cool!
I'm not overly deep into the series. My entry point was SMTIV, then I bounced off some old LPs of Persona 1/2, until now. I didn't realize I could have started with 3.

Seems like overall an interesting enough series to poke at when I'm bored

Yea, the SMT games are definitely something if you're in a "Pokemon with an Adult Story" mood if I'm gonna boil it down to TL;DR terms. Persona's always been more of a "JRPG with a Twist" kind of thing, which, honestly, kinda explains how it's a more popular series compared to SMT, which feels more like a Niche series of titles.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Arist posted:

maybe in your eyes :wiggle:

I second this motion!

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Grapplejack posted:

Good work Arist, you did it!

You aren't done yet though, there're some people who want some 2 on 1 time with you first

PHRASING!

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Robindaybird posted:

the character is form Yiik - a god awful indie game that's the worst in white nerdbro navelgazing with zero self-awareness and among other things used a woman's real life death for cheap drama.

It's...extremely pretentious, lacks any self-awareness and likes to poo poo on everything you like. So, basically a game from an unlikable person who uses himself as a Self-Insert protagonist.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
From what I’ve been able to find. The scene was completely taken out of context. There is a bunch of posts going around explaining it.

TIME TRAVEL happens at the end with Catherine and Vincent going back to his high school days, before the character in question transitioned and the guy who died as part of the story doesn’t die either. The transitioned character don’t transition in this new timeline and are about as happy as when they did. That’s pretty much the whole thing boiled down. Go and look for it if you want the full context of the scene

Basically: scene taken out of context, shitstorm ensued. Wait for the translation to come out before judging it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Mind telling me HOW it’s such? Seems like everyone got a happy ending to me. I didn’t care they were trans back when the game first came out. I don’t personally care now. You folks are entitled to your opinions, I’m entitled to mine. Besides: Atlus, last I checked, didn’t make games to appeal to a western audience anyways. They appeal to the Japanese market first and foremost. And Japan has a completely different culture to America’s to begin with, they deal with the those transitioning there far differently than here.

And I hear your complaints about it, but I was trying to help put things into context, to give a “wait an see” approach to the entire thing. But people are bandwagoning on out of context posts and making a massive stink about it regardless of the context. The important thing should be “is the character happy?” And if they are, does it matter that much that they DIDN’T transition? You always have the option of never triggering the ending, and can always act that the timeline never split.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)