Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Kaneshiro's dungeon only has three safe rooms and the Shadows from the midway point on can push your poo poo in easily.

I had to do quite a lot of walking back to the vault in my first playthrough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

We gonna finish this nasty crime, boy.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The vault section of the Palace has a similar problem to Mementos, where every just looks exactly the same. It's incredibly numbing to go through.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Greed and Gluttony bosses in the game could switch their sins and still work.

Though I'm pretty sure a contributing factor to Kaneshiro getting Gluttony is that he's fat.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Clearly it's going to be Piggytron and you add it to the party as a replacement for Morgana.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Stephen9001 posted:

Who knows, perhaps one of our targets will be the prime minister of Japan or something. If Japan even has a prime minister. I think Japan has a prime minister at least.

The final Palace is the Emperor's.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It's never really revealed what they did with the Kaneshiro-dollary-doos. Unless Iwai now has a bunch of fake money in his back room.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

In my first playthrough I didn't get to start Chihaya's SL until mid-August because of the entrance fee.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

There's also basically no real point in grinding in between Palaces.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

She's regularly scamming people out of $10,000, she'd better have a loving car.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I wonder where they'd squeeze the Palace for recruiting Hifumi on the calendar.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

What the hell, Mishima, that's OUR Patreon cash.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Kawakami's Rank 10 is a goddamn lifesaver when it comes to other Confidants.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Legend of Koizumi, the only time when Pope Palpatine was ever cool.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Makoto has forgotten the key tenant of the Phantom Thieves: We Hate The Cops

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

You were then arrested and interrogated about your activities as a Phantom Thief. WHO WAS THE PERSON WHO INTERROGATED YOU?! TELL ME, NASTY CRIMEBOY!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

resurgam40 posted:

And of course, we have our new Confidant, the prosecutor and awful person Sae. I was kinda amused when we got some folks wondering if she is a sympathetic figure because she's interviewing us now, and hopefully we have an answer: nope. She might have moments approaching clarity regarding the upholding of law, but her clear ambition and outbursts toward Makoto (which as this thread has already identified, leap past outbursts due to stress and right into emotional abuse) is firmly in the "lovely adult" camp
It's between her "EATING AWAY AT MY LIFE" rant and something she does during this arc that really makes me wonder if the writers realized how strained the player's sympathy for her would get.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

If Phoenix Wright demonstrates anything, it's that the key to prosecutors getting promotions is to straight up bring weapons to court with which to threaten witnesses and defense attorneys.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Mementos would be more tolerable if the music was not poo poo.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Okay, I think the real reason Sae isn't getting that promotion is because she's really bad at this thing.

"A lot of luck was involved in your capers. SOMEONE MUST'VE BEEN GIVING YOU PRECISE ADVICE THAT MADE YOU LUCKY. SPILL IT NASTY CRIMEBOY."

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Sae's a Japanese Prosecutor, so she probably has done a bit of "enhanced" interrogation and retraining of parrots.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The animated cutscenes are oddly insistent on Main Character-kun never having glasses.

Also, look at these mags

Cute Girl, the A Tribe Called Quest fanzine, a magazine for doms and by doms, Close-Quarters Combat monthly, MEN'S RULES

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

There needed to be a "But people will realise I'm Superman!" response

Cake Knight v. Supercrimeboy: Dawn of Pastries

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Glazius posted:

Like, right now, Medjed could out the people "pretending" to be the Phantom Thieves, but do they have any idea what that app is actually doing?

It's unlikely that they even have the right identities. They probably don't even know the app is involved, and if they did, then they wouldn't understand it (Philemon's that good of a coder.)

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Maaku: My glasses! I can't be seen without my glasses!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Medjed is run by a sad sad little man bumming in the Ecuadorian embassy in London.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Money Reading, Hifumi's perks, and a certain perk from a future Confidant result in absolute money fountains.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Sae really enjoying the view from her glass house.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Futaba's backstory is a goddamn trip that just gets more and more "Jesus Christ, what" as we learn the details.

Also, every time I see Pleasant Boy in that sweater vest I want the gang to drag him into a bathroom to give him a swirly.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Stroth posted:

That loving sweater vest. I can never get over it. It's like he went to a tailor and said "I want to look like the nineteen fifties idea of a boy detective, but stupider somehow."

"I'm looking for something that says 'is probably a narc' and 'has lots of lunch money'."

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Futaba: Return the Treasure...or suffer my curse...!
Morgana: WHAT'S YER OFFER?!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

kw0134 posted:

Does he in fact have emotions? He meets every social situation with the same blank-faced stare as though his soul was burned away by horrors no human should endure.

He interacts with Yosuke and Marie on a daily basis, of course je has nothing left of his soul.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

All sources indicate that Sae was a normal non-sociopath before her father died and she got saddled with the useless one, so she is likely to be aware of the glory of Catbus.,

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

There's a much bullshit skill check for an SL much farther down the line.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Wakaba always gave off a "Pulp Fiction Uma Thurman" vibe.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Think of all the grain Futaba's storing in that pyramid.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Stroth posted:

Wait, what is that supposed to mean?

*under breath, with barely-contained resentment* loving nerd.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Thank god this palace ends when it does because it really begins to overstay its welcome with the gem bits.

Arist posted:

You know I’m working hard to support you, right!? Ugh!

Makoto's eye twitches.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Look, Ryuji slaved for six hours on that card and he's real proud of it. I say let the boy maintain his inconsistent motifs.