Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Futaba's the best Navigator in the series; her perks are goddamn insane.

She also gets top-tier Persona designs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Futaba actually played Persona 4 Golden and decided to just cut straight to the part where her Shadow turns into something cool.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hey, there's this note on the inside of my Persona. It's from a guy named "Nyarly". He's lending me Necronomicon until Atlus remembers he exists.

AradoBalanga posted:

Given all the stuff that's been done about and to Lovecraft's works, I'd imagine upon seeing the Necronomicon being turned into a literal flying saucer, he'd just shrug and mutter "Yep, it's a Tuesday."

And then retreat back into his basement to resume writing screeds against miscegenation on the walls in blood.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

No one's really sure what Igor and his little helpers are exactly.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Replace Last Surprise with Superman and/or Police Truck.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Absolutely wasted opportunity to give Original the Character a Morgana outfit that gives them the power to make robots go to sleep.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Futaba can sleep for at most almost three weeks, goddamn this girl is energy efficient.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I personally believe that the Sphinx being able to cast full-party Despair is the meanest thing any boss in the game does.

Especially for my first time through when I didn't know about it and thus didn't bring Makoto.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

C. Everett Koop posted:

Is she actually going to fully join the party now or is she just non-crippled Oracle?

Maaku suddenly feels like he needs to put on the most tourist getup he can find and deliver flowers to Futaba.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Yeah it's pretty much Atlus needing a way to keep the plot from advancing if you completed her palace immediately.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ubiquitous_ posted:

It's definitely more than just "gay jokes" and Yusuke's homophobia.

Are you thinking of Yosuke because Yusuke has many faults but I don't recall homophobia being one of them.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I heard the leader of the Phantom Thieves has an eight pack and a nice car and girls like him.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

You can sort of see the skeleton of what might have been Hifumi's recruitment arc as her Social Link goes on.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Chihaya's Rank 5 bonus gives access to GameFAQs.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Persona 3 would be a much better game if Koromaru followed you everywhere and went "ARF" every time you did something.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Confidant Mementos is where at points we fight people who are arguably worse than some of the main Palace targets.

It's really hosed up.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

AradoBalanga posted:

So, judging by how awful the past three Palace targets were (I'm excluding Wakaba since she's technically not a target), we're going to be facing Totally Not Nyarly Dressed Up As Hitler, aren't we?

Sunglasses Hitler is a force not even #Millenials can deal with.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The general setup for every Persona game is "the thoughts of humanity are doing some stupid poo poo again".

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Behold, the only bullies who see their target with a gun and just continue to poo poo on him. Perhaps their rationale is "well he's not going to shoot up our school".

So you can...implement your beliefs...? Also you're in the Japanese political system, Tora. Your beliefs mean poo poo.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'm never going to get over how on the nose "LIBERAL CO-PROSPERITY PARTY" is as a shot at the LDP.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Some of the "get called by buddy to hang out somewhere" events do unlock locations, but you can unlock them anyway with the right books and the locations themselves are only really there to get new swag for your room.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

AradoBalanga posted:

In fairness, this is a franchise where one of the more well-known demons is a literal giant dick riding a golden chariot.
A dick riding a golden chariot that comes from a pun.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

My headcanon is that Main Character-kun spent that entire event reeling from the fact that his loving webmaster used the Patreon cash to buy a goddamn airsoft gun for protection and then proceeded to whip it out in a diner like he was in Texas.

ApplesandOranges posted:

I mean, Yosuke's an idiot, Chie exists, Naoto's straight laced, Teddie's annoying and Yukiko contributes something besides 'AHAHAHA' and 'I can't cook!' I'm sure.

I'm not sure Yosuke contributed even the Idiot Quota considering the competition on the Investigation Team.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Can't wait for Sojiro's Rank 8 SL where he hands you a real gun and instructs you to murder Futaba's rear end in a top hat family.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

GuyUpNorth posted:

First might be actually legal if doc has licenses that cover testing of homebrew medicine.

Tae does mention that she's licensed to make her own medicines.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Futaba pilfered the shop's air conditioner to cool her goon den.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hey guys I just spent four hours cleaning Futaba's suspiciously sticky floor, with no help from my great and helpful friends. In less important news, Japan is saved.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

There's just this pile of garbage bags full of empty Monster cans and Doritos bags in front of Sojiro's house now.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Pleasant Boy is loving pissed.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Futaba earned her mod position in YOSPOS.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

If it weren't for the shared goal I'm pretty sure Futaba and Yusuke would ultimately kill each other.

And don't worry we just asked Hifumi for her mom's name so we could order Iwai to take care of it.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

megane posted:

"Ugh, the guy at Starbucks keeps making my double-espresso mocha Americano with half-'n'-half instead of steamed milk."

"...what's his name?"

Boss doesn't like competition; better clear the whole Starbucks out just to be sure.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Fhqwhgads posted:

They already made this and called it Death Note.

So it's all going to go downhill once Akechi dies and is replaced by a shittier version of him.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Basically all Sae is missing is a whip/endless coffee/katana.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hello, I'm here for some coffee, be an insensitive douche, and regale some random criminal and a child about my shithole of a life.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Justice Rank 10 is Futaba giving Pleasant Boy a swirly and then stealing his lunch money.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

SimplyUnknown1 posted:

Unless Akechi is secretly Adachi in disguise as an 18 year old boy.

Akechi didn't go full BITCHES N' WHORES mode when talking about his mother so we're in the clear.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Pleasant Boy is working really hard to ensure that the rest of Maaku's family Hates The Cops as much as he does.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

AriadneThread posted:

Hello fellow children, I too am an orphan.
Now that we have something in common, let us bond by sharing our deepest secrets.

I sure do love committing crimes. How many crimes did you commit today? I committed...lots. Lots of crimes. Boy it sure is great to be a criminal. Why don't you tell me all about the crime you also commit? Please speak into this microphone-looking thing on my douchebag sweater vest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Really Pants posted:

Right, but I meant she could understand Morgana all along, and now she's getting back at him for...whatever stupid thing he said about her, I don't remember but there's bound to be something

It says a lot about Morgana that I feel he probably deserves getting tormented by Futaba.