Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Arist posted:

Gabriel is "one of the four major archangels. She is also the only female angel at this rank. Her name comes from the Sumerian word for ‘governor.’ She is the angel who told Mary of her pregnancy." She’s a high-ranking messenger angel in the Abrahamic religions, and in Islam is the highest-ranking angel, who revealed the Qur’an to Muhammad. Depictions of her as female are hotly debated amongst scholars.

I don't think there's a single religious work that identifies Gabriel as a lady, and many that use masculine pronouns. (That said, Angels are genderless and sexless in Judaism, at least, they just show up as dudes on earth because their real appearances are loving wild. In Judaism, Michael is also identified as the angel responsible for watching over the Jews, which obviously plays poorly with the supersessionists.)

I don't think any scholars contend otherwise, it's mostly just that having 4 dude archangels is boring.

Also yeah someone translated what the girl was saying, she doesn't like the thieves.

Jen X fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Mar 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Arist posted:

I'm just going off the wiki and the in-game descriptions, sounds like someone was editorializing a bit

oh probably, Gabriel as a lady in japanese works that crib from gnosticism and sort of hazily abrahamic mythology (islam, judaism, christianity, baha'i) is a Thing

also renaissance painters loved androgyny so that might be part of the reason for it

anyway maybe p5r will get rid of the human gay jokes and make morgana less horny for ann, here's hoping

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Sae expresses zero romantic interest in anyone, and wearing pants does not have the slightest bit to do with someone's sexuality, you weirdos

like, what the hell, people

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

RareAcumen posted:

Well, you know how it is. When there's little media featuring people like you, you've gotta make it up or interpret things differently. Remember how people thought Kanji was gay- or maybe bi?- for like, years? And really, who's gonna come to your house force you to stop? Couple other examples I remember was 'Samus is Trans' and Tracer and Widowmaker before it turned out the former did have a girlfriend that they took a year and a half to mention. I can't think of any other ones besides those right now.

headcanon is great and makes cishet people mad so it's fun

using inaccurate stereotypes to determine a fictional character's sexuality, when she indicates pretty much nothing in any direction, is not great

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Ann should have dated Shiho, because goddamn, that one's this side of explicit

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Elizabeth's personality is by far the funniest but she suffers from being in the worst game

ignoring personas 1 and 2, which don't exist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

nice lp, can't wait for the 100% royal playthrough