Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

ChaosArgate posted:

I have a dream... that Giorno Giovanna will free us from society's shackles!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

GeneX posted:

change my vote to this, but you should all still google Dennis Hawkins

Wikipedia posted:

Dennis Hawkins (born 22 October 1947) is a Welsh inside forward who played professionally in the 1960s and early 1970s

This has nothing to do with crimes.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Sordas Volantyr posted:

Off the top of my head, he gave favorable reviews to Silent Hill 2, Psychonauts, and Half-Life, and went out of his way to do an extremely quick Undertale review just so that he could list it as his top game of 2015 without violating his rule of only using games that he reviewed in his yearly top 10s.

If I recall the Undertale review was the single line "Undertale is a good game".

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Blastinus posted:

Believe it or not, but the thing that made me most excited for Persona 5 was seeing the protagonist use dark curse spells as a viable source of damage instead of just an insta-kill move. I loved Naoto's ability to annihilate trash mobs in P4, but you never brought her into boss battles unless you were playing The Golden.

The Eiha skill line is actually resurrected from Persona 1, along with a few other things.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

vdate posted:

I'll admit, that's earlier than I expected fuckin' Mara to show up! Although, it's more like...half of Mara? Did he leave the chariot at home?

e: I seem to have been beaten to the punch/blind to potential symbolism.

It might be a reference to some previous SMT where it was similarly hobbled. Mara Slime or something like that.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

hopeandjoy posted:

I'm whatever intern Nintendo of America got to voice Mist in Fire Emblem 9 and 10.

Actually just 9, for 10 they had Lani Minella pull quadruple duty on every girl that had voiceovers.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

hopeandjoy posted:

That explains why Micaiah, Mist, and Mia are all equally bad.

(As is everyone else except like... Shinon.)

The strange thing is the guy that did Shinon has no other voice credits that aren't documentary narration.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Rogue 7 posted:

The loving Aojiru stand.

What gets me here is that just says "FRUIT AND VEGETABLE JUICE".

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

C. Everett Koop posted:

well yeah they're the TAKESes, not the GIVESes

Actually they're the Takases, but your point stands.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

They might be kind of inconsistent about it sometimes though, since I know there was griping about some of the demons added to Deep Strange Journey Redux.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

amigolupus posted:

Oh joy, a school trip to Hawaii. I'm sure this will be culturally respectful and not have any awful stereotypes.

...Hang the gently caress on, didn't we just had a beach scene? Did no one think this through?

Not only that, it promises to be a worse beach scene in other ways. It's a school trip, so Futaba and Yusuke won't be there since they're not Shujin students.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

amigolupus posted:

Yeah, it's why I mentioned Iwai and Mishima's links. I guess Tora never needed any saving in his link, but then again his link never really had anyone nasty screwing him over.

Not in the present, no, but he was the target of a big scandal years ago which was no doubt completely false.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

amigolupus posted:

It's like nobody even stopped to even think that it may have been sliiiiiiightly tone-deaf to the themes of the game.

That describes significantly more of this game than just "you can date your teacher".

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Seaogre posted:

I agree. It just feels like the writers' go-to method, and it's just a bit much.

Joker's initial arrest, Kamoshida, Kaneshiro, Okumura, Haru's fiance himself, even minor ones like the rear end in a top hat in Mishima's Confidant and brought up in Makoto's, it seems to always default to threats of sexual violence against women.

I guess it's a matter of opinion though.

I offhand don't remember if there are any normal spend-time-with-them-type social links with female characters that don't involve threats of sexual violence, whether to the link themselves or someone else.

It's... maybe Chihaya and Hifumi don't, and that's it?

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Blademaster_Aio posted:

Kawakami was being asked to pay an insane amount of money. Oh, this reminds me, now that those losers have agreed to pay her back, she’ll probably be a rich woman. If they can get that much money that is.

And was very nearly forced into sex work to get that kind of money, if you'll recall...

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

One of Daymond's other roles is also a cop; he's the voice of Lloyd Bannings of the Crossbell police in Trails of Cold Steel II (and hopefully III and IV, once XSEED gets around to localizing those).

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Arist posted:

Makoto, Haru, and Morgana do not get lines in that scene, because gently caress ‘em I guess.

Wasn't the death of Haru's awful dad just a couple months ago? Her voice could be too recognizable to reporters and such.

As for Makoto, :shrug:

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Supersonic Shine posted:

That voice clip was just Max Mittelman's reaction to being told the good news.

So was Erika Harlacher's right before it.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Stroth posted:

Yeah. Honestly my biggest reaction to that was "Whose dick did Nintendo have to suck to get the star of one of Sony's biggest JRPG franchises for Smash?"

Sega owns Atlus, though, right?

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

so which fake-out death was more pointless:

this one, or Goofy in Kingdom Hearts 2?

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I am both shocked and relieved that that google search turned up almost nothing.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Is Yusuke's dialogue mugshot not loading for anyone else?

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I'd like to thank this thread for reminding me that ignore user exists and I should use it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Leraika posted:

I kind of want to do a writeup of Joker's appearance in noted good game and not a hell of infinite grinding in which we are thrown to suffer Granblue Fantasy, but his event ran long enough ago that I don't recall a lot of it.

He looks pretty great in Granblue style, though:

I don't remember much of it either really. In terms of where it would fit into P5's canon I think it's between the art museum and the bank? Yusuke was around but not anyone that joined after him.

On the other hand, it's also recent enough that the wiki has the full transcript of the event.

Meanwhile, Joker himself is a solid unit and middle-of-the-road as far as SSRs go in his element (dark, of course).