Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Emperordaein posted:

My first experience with trying to find my way through Shibuya Station in this game wound up being a recreation of my experience trying to find my way through Shibuya Station in real life last year.

I was terrified about being late to school even though I knew that this wasn't causing time to pass.

I think I'm too much of a square for this game guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

The one thing that disappoints me about Arsene's awakening is that it doesn't have Maaku whispering the traditional "Per... so... na..." as the one thing he says out loud all game. Other than that it fuckin' rules.

He also says something during a later anime cutscene.

Maaku says a few things in the game outside his internal monologue.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

This whole plotline is really weird and creepy and also makes no goddamn sense for Yusuke as a character which is just another reason to hate it.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Haifisch posted:

There's a few spots in the game where I'm 90% sure they changed the plot/characters/game mechanics after writing something, and never went back and updated it to match what they wrote later. This is one of them.

More or less. Yusuke only ever acts like this in this early part and some of the animated cutscenes and its really, really weird.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Yeah Yusuke was awesome for me, I only benched him for one palace.

He's also an awesome character now that this bizarre and uncomfortable thing is behind us. Fun fact, he literally never shows interest in Ann again in the game. Ever. (Or even any woman for that matter outside the anime cutscenes which... have obvious continuity issues to say the least.)

So it was a completely pointless plot point featuring an uncomfortable sexual abuse survivor where the aggressor was also out of character because uh. Comedy?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Rawkking posted:

He still has an at least implied interest in her based on a couple of things he says. But it pales in comparison to Morgana's attitude to her.

I only remembered a few things in the anime cutscenes but it's entirely possible I was so charmed by his SL that I purposefully forgot.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Rangpur posted:

Close, however she's probably referring to Fujiko Mine from Lupin III. That's a more recent clip, but the show has been running in one incarnation or another since the 70s. Trap sprung I guess, I just think it's an interesting touch because once you know that, the ways they made Ann-as-Panther's body language resemble Fujiko really leap out at you. (TBH I'd expect someone Ann's age to think of Team Rocket instead, but the game was made by people more likely to be familiar with Lupin. :v: )

Eh, I'd say that Jessie and Fujiko are pretty different archetypes.

For one, Fujiko is hypercompetent and just as likely to pull one over Lupin as she is to help him or be helped by him and as such can be both an antagonist and a protagonist while Jessie, as a part of the Team Rocket whole, is an incompetent, but sympathetic, antagonist. (Team Rocket is actually just another version of a children's anime archetype that was started by a different show in the 70s.)

Jessie is a really, really bad thief, Fujiko is a thief as amazingly good as Lupin III.

...drat it, I fell into the same trap.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I'm whatever intern Nintendo of America got to voice Mist in Fire Emblem 9 and 10.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

AweStriker posted:

Actually just 9, for 10 they had Lani Minella pull quadruple duty on every girl that had voiceovers.

That explains why Micaiah, Mist, and Mia are all equally bad.

(As is everyone else except like... Shinon.)

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Wait, what?! How does that even work, does it just like sit in a warming chamber for a few seconds before dispensing?

I've never been a fan of cold coffee, I have a hard enough time keeping it down as soon as it gets to room temp. Granted, I'm a huge weirdo that only likes one cup of straight black every morning so :shrug:

It's a type of can that self-heats when you open it iirc. They exist in the US too rarely, you can sometimes find canned soups as well as hot drinks in them.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

This is why you admit that you are bad at video games and just want to watch the anime shenanigans and set the game on easy.

No regrets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Aerdan posted:

They could replace Gluttony with Despair and it'd be less dumb.

Despair was a traditional sin, but it's actually covered under Sloth.