Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

LordNagash posted:

People are being pretty hard on Sojiro, maybe it was due to having the voice acting but he always came across as totally a big softy blustering about how TOTALLY HARSH he was gonna be and IF YOU gently caress UP YOU'RE OUT oh by the way you're in charge of my sign ok buddy?

Well his english voice actor also voiced Nier from... Nier, AKA Dad of the Year All Years, so it's probably voice acting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

AweStriker posted:

The Eiha skill line is actually resurrected from Persona 1, along with a few other things.

Well P1 does have 28 damage types, they don't have to invent a bicycle for a long time

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

So one interesting bit: Ryuji calls Morgana "Monamona", Monamona is actually some sort of ASCII cat drawing-thing, probably popular in Japanese internet chats and forums. Wish I could post an example but I can't find it for the life of me

Also fun fact: due to bug or something, MC has two of the same starter gun

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

Ghost of Starman posted:

Y'know, as the Persona designs keep getting cooler and more on-the-nose with their thematic relevance in each game, it just seems increasingly weird that they're still reusing so many designs for the enemies and rank-n-file Personas from the SMT-era games.

Like, okay, cool, Kamoshida's castle has a bunch of Shadow-knights, that makes sense... and then SPLOOOSH they turn into Pixies and Pyro Jacks from a loving 25-year-old SNES game. And I bet our poor protagonist is going to get stuck with at least one or two Personas that are as underwhelming as the Mitama(s) from 3 & 4. Are they doing it to maintain kind-of-the-last real link to mainline SMT? Purely out of a sense of tradition? It can't be strictly to save by reusing assets (at least, not any more).

(thank you to everyone who answered my earlier question, btw; I'll check some of those out)

Hold on, is someone ACTUALLY complaining that enemies this time are classic SMT demons? Now I've seen everything.

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

Blastinus posted:

Special shoutout in that scene goes to the kids who, discovering that one of their classmates tried to commit suicide, decided to pull out their phones and take pictures. It's the little things that really make you dislike the faceless NPCs that populate this world.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I mean poo poo worldstar would probably pay a pretty penny for that footage

Do it for the Vine

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

Huh, I didn't know negotiation theme is called Talk, same as other negotiation themes in other Megaten games. I wonder if it's a remix of those.

Also like others have noted, Ann is more Mitsuru than Yukiko, she's your group's Black Mage. But yeah, Tarunda and ailments kinda stop being a big deal late game due to how strong you get with regular damage, and all she can do is deal one type of damage

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

The game already made it as clear as it ever will, and I think everyone got the point by now, there's no reason to get so centered around it, it's getting weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

PMush Perfect posted:

Persona 4's are pretty hit-and-miss, too, IMO. They all look really over-designed and just way too busy to me. And that's in a game with Disco Ninja Frog.

I think it's that the palettes are all just really out there. Not bad designs, just really in need of recoloring.

The worst part is that evolved personas in 4 are just recolors/added details of initial personas, down to sometimes even sharing animations IIRC. In 5 fortunately they come back to 3's style of "is actually a different creature".