Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Akira Kurusu, after the manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
One thing I really like is that Maaku isn't quite a silent protagonist. He does at least have a running commentary in his head, and in anime cutscenes and actual gameplay he does more than grunt and nod, unlike Makoto and Yu.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Morgana also learns (Ma)Sukunda, which allows him to rob enemies of their damage output while making annoying misses on you go away. Combined with the party member who learns (Ma)Sukukaja, you can get some insane dodging going on.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Should I make the implications clear for those unable to make the leap in logic themselves?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Arist posted:

Yeah, if you could, just wait an update. We should be able to cover that then.

Thanks, just wanted to know.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I my opinion, it's a decent enough translation made better by PHENOMENAL voice direction.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
So, now can I make it obvious for those who don't quite get it yet?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Anne isn't good? One of her endgame support skills (you know the one). Your argument is invalid.

Junpei fucked around with this message at 23:19 on May 8, 2017

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Jesus Christ can you go one thread without popping in after two updates and screaming "LOOK LOOK I KNOW ABOUT THE ENDGAME!!!!!!!"

I'm with the OP on Ann, her costume just feels out of place both because it's oversexualized for no reason and because (unlike every other party member) she actively seems to dislike it, as we see here. I guess you could make the argument that Ann sees the "spirit of rebellion" as a sexy femme fatale, but I feel like that could have been portrayed as something other than a skin-tight bodysuit with a boob window. Also there's a tail. Why is there a tail?

Gameplay-wise her speed isn't great, so most battles are over by the time you get to her. It also doesn't help that she basically has no options for damage outside of fire, so she's completely neutered if an enemy blocks it.

I did edit that, you know. And to be perfectly honest, I still really like her. That's just my opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Haifisch posted:

Mericless has one interesting idea(higher technical/weakness damage & lower other damage) it's not worth seeing because the rest of it(less xp, less money) just makes the game a slog. I know some people like it but I've never been a fan of "difficulty" that realistically translates to "grind more."

Yeah, in my opinion, a good higher difficulty makes you think more tactically and approach situations with a different frame of mind. When I think of how an enemy or boss could be changed on a higher difficulty, I think "Give them new moves that you have to plan around", not "Increase their stats and call it a day".

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I will say, I do like how they re-integrated the Persona awakening speeches from Persona 2. I really like those, and this game's Awakenings are top-notch. Maaku's totally reminds me of Lelouch from Code Geass gaining his Geass (not helped by Maaku's seiyuu also voicing Lelouch in Japan), and Ryuji's and Ann's are fantastic as well.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Everyone's Activity Log is a neat little idea that gives a peek into other player's playstyles, which is nice.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Here's a little list of VA's for the party members we've met thus far:

Maaku: Xander Mobius (Famous roles: Crazy/Master Hand from SSB4, Dagda from SMT4A)
Ryuji: Max Mittleman (Famous roles: Inaho Kaizuka from Aldnoah.Zero, McBurn from The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2)
Morgana: Cassandra Lee (Famous roles: Kyubey from Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Aoi Asahina from Danganronpa)
Ann: Erika Harlacher (Famous roles: Elizabeth Liones from Seven Deadly Sins, Mimori Togo from Yuki Yuna is a Hero)

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Can I say something about Kamoshida? I think what makes him so terrifying, in my opinion, is the fact that he (and some of the latter villains, if to a lesser extent) feels like he could exist in the real world, no Palaces or Personas attached. When you boil it down to the base description (P.E. coach who physically abuses his male students and sexually abuses his female ones, who everyone covers up for him because he gets good results on the team he coaches), it sounds almost plausible, if slightly absurd.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Man, I don't know what you all are talking about. I like Ann's thief outfit (PURELY FROM AN AESTHETIC POINT OF VIEW, NOT BECAUSE I'M PERVY) and think she's a great character.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

PMush Perfect posted:

Sometimes, I wonder if you do this kind of thing on purpose.

What I said is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help me God.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
There is a way to wash the clothes without taking up time, but it requires a few ranks of a Confidant we haven't met yet, so I'll hold my tongue on the matter. But yeah, the armor-washing idea was kind of bad.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but I never really cared about Technicals all that much.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
You know, for a Persona thread, there's certainly been a lack of "X is my waifu" or "Y is Best Girl". I mean, I know that the spoiler rule is keeping those at bay, but I'd at least expect someone to chime in with a "Ann is my waifu" at this point.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Sorry, I guess GameFAQs and other places ruined it for me.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I apologize for using that word, and furthermore explain that I was using that word ironically.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
So, just to ask, Arist, would you recommend going into the Palace early in the allotted time, somewhere in the middle, or at the end of it?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Arist posted:

I don't know why I'm even asking this, but I might as well: I recorded two takes of the next boss fight. Do you guys want to see the one where I gently caress up and almost die or the one where I do a good job because I'm a cool guy?

Both, but turn the first one into a "what not to do" guide and the other into more straitforward commentary. Do just video and a paragraph describing your mistakes for the former and a more standard format for the latter.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Um, guys? In the concept art for Asmodeus, the trophy (which was already filled with female legs) was seeping a white liquid. Yeah, no.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

GeneX posted:

And the game could quite easily have done that without turning a suicide attempt into a plot point. Maybe Ryuji and the Protagonist get incensed on behalf of the team members he's physically abusing and he retaliates by trying to expel them. Maybe they get mad on Ann's behalf.

The point is that the game tries to be dark but instead uses topics that should be handled delicately as blunt plot sledgehammers. This is a recurring theme.

Thisgamehasagoodplotthisgamehasagoodplotthisgamehasagoodplotthisgamehasagoodplot

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
You know, when I hear "Party in a Can", I think of that prank can of peanuts that has a bunch of exploding snakes, or whatever.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Is it that he's less aggressive about his coffee?

Someone did a P5 version of this on Youtube, actually. But it has a spoiler for a future character, so don't look it up unless you know that character.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
The moment that Kamo-piece of poo poo confesses is like, the fourth most satisfying thing in the game, and the other three things are lategame events.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
The Reform

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Haifisch posted:

Milluneels are too busy living in their parents' basements to learn how to spell Millyenols. I saw an article about it the other day.

As a Mulinall, I find the prospect that we Melliniills cannot spell the word offensive.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
VA time! Mishima is voiced by Sean Chiplock, probably best known for his roles as Revali from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Rean Schwarzer from The Legend of Heroes: Trials of Cold Steel.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
...why did the game put Elizabeth as an answer for that question? If she had directly ended up killing Minato, that would have a point, but she didn't, so it doesn't.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Yeah, usually in a break in-between Palaces, or two-three days before I send the calling card because I'm busy preparing I go on a Mementos dive to complete side quests, grind, recruit Personas and fuse them, and other such things.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Back on the topic of Kamoshida, I found this image that... well, just see for yourself.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
There's a large swath of italized words.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

PMush Perfect posted:

We're getting close to a really uncomfortable section of the game.

I have a milder view on the scene in question than most, but at heart I still think it was a dumb decision on the part of the devs and/or writers.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
For what it's worth, I found a Yusuke to be a very good "sweeper" (I.E. I used him more for random encounters with Ryuji taking over for mini-bosses and tougher fights.).

Plus, dat kitsune mask tho. Seriously, Yusuke probably has my favorite PT outfit.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Now I heard (and this may not be entirely accurate) but apparently Madarame's scheme is based on something that happened to the Mona Lisa. Essentially, some theives stole it and copied it, then, while the museum put out a copy for the public, they sold the copies under the guise of being the real ones and begging the buyers not to tell. Or something like that, my memory's kind of fuzzy so if anyone would want to correct it feel free.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Now, here's something kind of funny about the nude painting bit: Matthew Mercer played Aikuro Mikisugi from Kill La Kill. In that show, Aikuro has a habit of stripping while giving exposition, and he's the boss of an organization literally called "Nudist Beach".

Yeah, Kill La Kill is weird, but this makes the sequence a bit funnier (even though Matthew isn't doing his Aikuro voice. He's doing the voice of Shigure from Fire Emblem Fares, another artist character.).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Patrick Seitz, over here. But if I'm sick Kaiji Tang substitutes.