Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Amidiri posted:

You don't like, successfully date an adult in P3 though, do you? The teacher is into your online persona but figures out it's unhealthy and stops, and the Magician social link dude is into a teacher who doesn't return his affections and rejects him in favour of her actual adult fiance, right?

Her last interaction with you is to shyly ask you out for dinner, which obviously doesn't happen thanks to the "messianic death" thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Hashino's own version of the Tarot would just feature The Hierophant as a sexy lady.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Geostomp posted:

Did they ever explain why the P3 group were the only ones who needed an external device to summon where everyone else can just focus hard enough to do it?

There's a strong symbolic component to how every game presents Persona awakening: P3's theme is the death drive/fear of death, so you need to mimick suicide; P4 is truth against deception, so it's about acknowledging the Shadow self; and P5 is, fittingly enough, "gently caress you I won't do what you tell me".

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

PMush Perfect posted:

Yeah, Persona 3 is not even a little bit subtle about Minato/Makoto being a messianic archetype.

Which is hilarious considering how much he comes across as an apathetic fucker who just watches his social links gently caress themselves over.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

Kenji: I want to gently caress my teacher! Will you help me?

>Yes
>No

Kenji: Wow why are you such an rear end in a top hat?

Social Link Reversed

P3 Social Links were terrible

And he only failed because he's not a protagonist, to boot.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Funky Valentine posted:

Maaku: Kill me.
Takemi: Later.

Unfortunately, her Tarot card isn't about physical death.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Making friends with everyone is a huge part of the game now, it's just that for some reason the game pushes you to bed the entire female half.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
You can tell Sae's not gay because the game isn't constantly laughing at her expanse by having her openly creep on underage girls.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Grapplejack posted:

Sae Yanara, ace prosecutor.

I thought she was gay!?

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
but which color should dominate the entire aesthetic

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
You can hardly blame The Fool for leaning a little too much in The Hero's Journey.

YaketySass fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jun 6, 2019

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

TheKirbs posted:

Ohya's skills are useful when you just want to get through a room without a fight as high suspicion can instantly aggro any shadow in a room when step into it. They are still the least useful.

In other news the new character's Persona has been confirmed as Cendrillon, the french name for Cinderella.

That's, uh, really stretching the definition of picaresque.

:sigh: I wish they'd have gotten Cyrano in there somewhere.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Anyone knows what "accent" or dialect Chihaya's supposed to have in the original version? I tried looking on the wiki but all I got was this :smith: piece of trivia:

https://megamitensei.fandom.com/wiki/Chihaya_Mifune posted:

Chihaya's Japanese voice actress, Miyu Matsuki, died of malignant lymphoma on 27 October 2015 at the age of 38. Although not officially confirmed by her agency, Persona 5 is generally believed to be her last professional performance, at least in the video game category.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Funky Valentine posted:

Igor would be pissed if one of his helpers ran off from the Velvet Room following a poorly thought-out crush again.

That's why you spay them when you have the chance.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

W.T. Fits posted:

On that note, props to Sae for taking a kid with a criminal record at his word when she interrogated him and he offered zero actual proof that his crazy story was true.

Whereas Dojima didn't trust the kid who had been living under his own roof and taking care of his daughter for him for over half a year by this point. This occurs even if you have Dojima's and/or Nanako's Social Links maxed out. Extra fail points for P4 Protagonist himself for not offering to prove his story by shoving his arm or his head or something into the TV that was right there on the table in the interrogation room.

Don't get me wrong, Sae's still terrible, but at least she was willing to take a chance and believe in Joker.

By the time they catch Joker, the Phantom Thieves business was getting pretty undeniably supernatural compared to the P4 mystery though.

OTOH, the thought of Dojima getting exposed to the TV World, getting his Persona and going :black101: on Shadows is pretty drat irresistible. :3:

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
He didn't seem to have many human contacts before meeting the protagonist, so it's probably a combination of flashing on the first girl he's "friends" with, that girl being particularly attractive and Morgana being kind of a shallow goof, and the whole deal with his complex about wanting to be human.

Plus he's Magician, so he's fated to have his lovelife (or lack thereof) punch him in the nuts at least once.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
So the Fake Igor bad ending is basically a superhero universe where the protagonists keep fighting the same battles without ever challenging the status quo, because the apathy of the public means new targets will always arise for the Phantom Thieves to gain glory from?

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Gen. Ripper posted:

Kaneshiro gets way less poo poo than he should considering he runs a literal pedophile sex ring.

He has the good fortune of being a less relatable sort of evil than Kamoshida, not having a Shiho type character to give weight to the damage he's done (probably a good thing, given the general issues of the game's handling of her story), and having a much less engaging performance.

Also he looks like Eric Cartman for some reason.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Still, that's taking the bro code awfully far. Dude cheated on your vulnerable daughter with eight women.

Anyway, cheers, Arist, you're a trooper.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Just include the dialogue option "I'm already taken" the first time you have to turn them down ffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

PMush Perfect posted:

You always, always have the option to not say something that starts the romance. This isn't Persona 3.

I know, but the answers available are often awkwardly convoluted/ambiguous/make you look like an rear end in a top hat, when the obvious and most justifiable option isn't available. The games' structure understandably means a lot of information isn't shared between social links so any detail that makes the PC look less like he's voluntarily keeping things hidden from his friends would be welcome.