Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

can you really gay-romance Hitler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ApplesandOranges posted:

I mean, Yosuke's an idiot, Chie exists, Naoto's straight laced, Teddie's annoying and Yukiko contributes something besides 'AHAHAHA' and 'I can't cook!' I'm sure.

agreed, they should have all been like Rise

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Fan Death should be an SMT demon

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Deltasquid posted:

Lol it's really weird how Ohya immediately gunned for "I'm here with my underage lover" instead of a more sensible obligation like a cousin or nephew or whatever.

her first idea was "I'm moonlighting as a teacher hookermaid" but who the hell would ever believe that

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

What sort of ancient Japanese divinity would harbor such a primal hatred for cats, though?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

oh drat I slept for thirty days straight and Medjed is about to steal Japan

> send spike

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I bet Hifumi would've helped

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Blademaster_Aio posted:

Garbage does not belong on your computer desk, even if you forget your bin days.

hohoho guess I'd better uninstall [popular video game] then!!!!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

it was popular, duh

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

in Newfoundland it's perfectly normal to live by the by

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Arist posted:

Uhhhhhhhhh

Is it just me or is it super hosed up that we’ve just decided to change the heart of our friend’s mother without their knowledge or consent and with no real risk of harm at play? I mean, it sucks for Hifumi but I’m not sure she wants us brainwashing her mom to get out of it.

yeah but she might go out with us though!!!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

what's a little mind-control between friends

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Kith posted:

I can't tell if that paints him as pathetic, stupid, or a sociopath.

How likely is it that Yusuke/Ryuji/neither of them would do the same? There's your answer.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

So why does Futaba keep bullying the cat? Is it because he has a bullyable face?

My money's on "she understands his speech even in the real world."

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Oxxidation posted:

Everyone who's been to the Metaverse understands his speech even in the real world. Futaba just likes pinching his fuzzy cheeks.

Right, but I meant she could understand Morgana all along, and now she's getting back at him for...whatever stupid thing he said about her, I don't remember but there's bound to be something

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

...I thought Golden's beach scene was okay :kiddo:

the ogling was kept to a fairly reasonable minimum, but of course ogle quotas were much lower in those days

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

:aaaaa: the original Robusuta

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I will get mad if you romance Futaba

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Arist posted:

I always get excited when I find an old game console at antique shops, haha.

:crossarms:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah that threw me right the hell off when I first got into this LP.

I'm only sorta familiar with 3 onwards, Persona hasn't had a female mascot character yet has it?

does Marie count

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

So...did Maaku just straight up tell Kawakami he's a loving Phantom Thief, or what

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Arist posted:

Oh, yeah, totally. This sounds completely reasonable and not like a loving small-time waste of everyone’s breath. Jeez, seems like next we’re gonna move down to targeting manspreaders and loiterers.

counterpoint: Kill All Gamers

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

how bout them personas eh

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Arist posted:

Aww, how sweet. Too bad we’re abandoning this timeline! This LP is going sci-fi! By reloading a save I surreptitiously made during the brief moment of control I had yesterday SHIFTING MY CONSCIOUSNESS INTO ANOTHER TIMELINE, we can explore all three options!

oh god it’s so hot i’m burning up

Nine Hours, Nine Personas, Nine Dorks

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Even if the dude wasn't dead yet when that truck hit him, he was already in such a horrid state that he probably went out like Clarence Boddicker.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Why are any of these people friends again?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

:ninja:

UNDERPANTS

:derp:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Kill All Mishimas

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Haifisch posted:

You still get the 'nod and follow along' thing in P4 and 5, but both of them do a good job of avoiding the "holy poo poo, the MC is a sociopath" vibe you could get from P3.

otoh we've seen a slight backslide re: students dating teachers

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

gotta steal hearts

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

You won't find a nice girlfriend in cat jail.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Doodmons posted:

What the hell does any of this mean

anime

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

this is my OC he is strongest in the world and used to be a dark evil god-king until the second strongest warrior dueled him and taught him the ways of honor, and the goddess of love and war is in love with him

I call him Gilgamesh

e: apparently some historians agree that Gilgamesh was an actual king who had all this poo poo written about him lol

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

we don't talk about that day

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

"Hubberton?" Seriously?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Arist posted:

Corporations are people, my friend

a disturbingly increasing amount of corporations are also waifus

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

"poo poo, we need to model and animate five thousand goddamn park guests"

"OR DO WE"

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

actually this proves Yusuke's entire character is a mean-spirited send-up of Dontnod Entertainment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Epicmissingno posted:

It's so annoying to me because Tokyo Mirage Sessions, another recent game made by Atlus, did this so much better. Each character had a distinct style when they sent you messages, and it was really charming and they had their own emotes and why couldn't this game have been like that, Atlus? Why?

Were they localized by the same company?